• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Building Muscle Mass & Burning Fat

LuckiGirl79

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all! I'm a F, 5'6, 135lbs, about 18% BF. My goal is to lose a few (5-7) pounds but more importanly get my BF down to 15% or so. My question is, can you build muscle on some body parts while leaning out others and still lose a few pounds of fat at the same time? For instance, my quads are big so I don't want to make them any bigger yet my hamstrings and calves need more muscle tone. And I still need to lose a few pounds. From what I am learning, you do 3-4 sets of lower reps with heavier weight to build muscle mass. However, you use a challenging yet lighter weight with more reps to lean out. And then if you do too much cardio you will burn the muscle you are building YET I need to lose a few pounds.

My weight training routine is very challenging and takes 90m a night (I workout with a partner).

S Legs
M Chest & Tri's
T Back & Bi's
W Legs
Th Shoulders

30m Cardio 3-4 times a week after weights. Thinking of switching it to morning and upping to 45m 5x week. Any constructive thoughts are much appreciated!!! And sorry for so much info in one chunk :blah:

LuckiGirl79 said:
From what I am learning, you do 3-4 sets of lower reps with heavier weight to build muscle mass. However, you use a challenging yet lighter weight with more reps to lean out. And then if you do too much cardio you will burn the muscle you are building YET I need to lose a few pounds.
High reps will not get you leaner. Cardio and diet will. All high reps will do is get your endurance up. Heavier weight 6-8reps or around there will get you good muscle mass if you use good form.:thumb:

Back