• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Half Life??

realdeal

Amateur Bodybuilder
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to understand the Half life of a drug. Can someone explain it in an understanding form, Like for dummies.:scratch:

Half life is simply the amount of time it takes for only half of the original amount of the drug to be still active in the system.

For example, Dianabol's half life is only 3.5 hours...so if you took 10 mg of dbol at 8 am, then by 11:30 am only about 5 mg would be still active in your system.

does it keep on breaking down in half everytime 3.5hrs go by? so at 3pm there would be 2 1/2mg active?

I assume all drugs have different half lifes? What is this usually used for? to see when someone can test clean?

Basically, yes, the drug will break down mathematically like you said.

Half lives are used to tell how often a drug needs to be administered...every few hours, once per week, once per month etc...as well as to give clues about testing clean. However, half lives are not too reliable for this because metabolites of certain drugs can remain in the system for weeks or even months after they are no longer "effective" in your body.

thats some interesting stuff, thanks for the info.

Originally posted by realdeal
thats some interesting stuff, thanks for the info.

My pleasure!

half life is also the best vid game ever for Pc's lol

Back