• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mono as an adult (age 30) now have horrible fatigue!!!

BillytK03

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
the past couple of months my workouts have sucked, no energy or strength!! Ephedra didnt and still does not work for me either!! So I knew something was wrong with me so I went to the doc to see whats up!! she ran some blood tests and told me that I had been exposed to mono at some point in the past few months due to my elevated Mono antibodies as well as elevated antibodies for the Epstein-Barr Virus (cant exactly pin point when but I have all the antibodies raging from that virus) She told me that one of the lingering symptons of mono (when your an adult and out of your adolescents) is the horrible fatigue that lasts anywhere from 1 month to maybe 6 months or longer!!

Has anyone dealt with this situation and have any advice on how to deal with this? thank you

Welcome to world of Chronic fatigue syndrome... You might want to start researching it. epsein barr antibodies will be reduced over time. Biggest thing that come to people is lack of vital nutrients mainly magnesium leaves are body exposed to many chronic diseases. and if you are taking any stimulants it will deplete your minerals and electroyltes faster then any thing. Start building up antioxidents and immune system. Zinc,mag,selenium, co enzyme q10, lipioc acid..

http://www.ghchealth.com/health-conditions/epstein-barr-virus-prevention-and-treatment.html

Nails, thanks for the reply and link!!!! I am going crazy with this feeling!! I hope this ends soon cuz its affecting my life big time!!

I had chronic fatigue for almost 3 years because drs could not recognize simple mineral imbalance namely magnesium and zinc. do you have your blood test results handy? check your alkaline phosphotase level it should be around 60-80 anything lower magnesium or zinc deficeincy is suspected. Where you under extordinary stress in past few months because that could trigger underlying virus. Epstein bar virus can lay dormant till an event triggers it

Nails thats funny you should mention stress!!! I have been under bad stress for the past year to 2 years or so! I thought my fatigue and depression were thyroid related but my doc says mono/ebv can mimic thyroid disorders!!

80% of population is subclincal hypothyroid. Since having an autoimmune disease MONO you could have other auto immune such as hashimotos (thyroid dysfucntion), also adrenal dysfunction are always related to thyroid problems.

Take temperature 5 days straight with regular thermometer not electric before you get out of bed record them and then post, but now
up magnesium to 200 -300 mgs 3-4 times a day with 50-60 mgs zinc with 2-3 mgs copper. This will give you immune system a definite boost. If you really want to be acurate look into Zinc talley tests which is highly correlated with serum and plasma levels of zinc.

Are you tired, feeling depressed,lack of appetite, sexdrive in shitter, no motivation, lack of taste in food,have infections, thyroid and adrenal dysftunction. BANK on it being what is know as zinc insufficency. And when zinc is low B-6, magnesium are also usually on low end as well. Do you get alot of sun (inside working all day long) if not might want to bump up vitamin d to 2000 ius a day. By implementing zinc, mag, b-6 you will kick in your parasympathetic system and deactivate your stress mode so your body will heal alot faster then normal. This combination will help balance your feel good hormones as well and protecr thyriod an adrenals from going down...

zinc 50-80 mgs a day take away from food (30-40 mgs before bed) - don not use zinc oxide.
copper 2-3 mgs
magnesium 450 mgs a day right before bed - do not use oxide form its a waste
2000 iu D as well

if access to blood test
check
free t-3
free t-4
reverse t-3
LDH isoenzymes
cortisol total and free
testosterone total and free
CBC
metabolic panel
ferritin
tranferrin
Dhea -s - BIG ONE auto immune people are usually low normal
estrodial

AND STAY OFF COMPUTERS LATE AT NIGHT IT WILL OFFSET YOUR OWN NATURAL MELATONIN LEVELS AND BODY WILL NOT RECUPERATE AND ALSO IT CAN BRING ON AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE

Nails, Thank you so much for the info, it really helps! As far as the thyroid goes... I feel like I had/have the symptons of being hypo (thinning hair-no balding- full coverage but just thinning all over head, outer 1/3 eyebrows are thin as well, mild depression, lack of motivation and energy, and my skin is dry! So I had 3 thyroid tests done in the past year and a half and they came back TSH 1.9, 2.28, 2.36........ Endo said normal thyroid function (Free t4 was normal and T3 was normal too) but I read that you can have the symptons and be considered hypo if TSH is over 2.0........... anyways I started taking 1/2 grain of Armour thyroid for aditional thyroid support (1/4 grain in morning and 1/4 grain at night) anyhow I will bump up the Magnesium, zinc, copper, and Bcomplex vitamins in the meantime............. could there be a correlation between the mono (auto-immune disease) and the hypo symptons Ive been dealing with for the year or so?

Yes there is a definite similarities, but again stress (emotional, phyiscal, chemical ) could have triggered hidden virus. i think the primary cause is disruption in hypothalamus adrena/thyroid axis.
good move with armour but also support adrenals too major mistake drs make and then you crash when increasing it
vitamin C 1000 mgs 3 times a day,
tyrosine 500 mgs TID increasse to 1000 TID after a week if feeling nothing.
200 mgs theanine every 4-6 hours will releave unwanted stress
inostol 1000 grams TID will help anxiety and calm you, plus help with hair loss,

If insurance covers things look into spectracell testing, It goes inside your cells for extremely accurate reading 1000 times more then seum readings

correlate hair loss with stress and you get lack of zinc

when people are stressed majority time liver is also involved..

before adding licorce root check adrenals via salavia cortisol serum testing is useless. Zrt labs is the best I have used so far. Need to know which way adrenals are going low or high. I do not like playing guessing games with out clincal testing. How is digestion ans sleep patterns. Its all classified under chronic fatigue and mono and epstein barr are 2 of major symptoms, did you have thyroid antibodies checked, antithyroid globulins?

Other things came to mind,
Do you eat alot of wheat? and dairy? because hidden food allergies can stimulate immune system. Fish oils will calm down over active immune system but remember keep omega 6 and 3 in proper ratio if not they could trigger alot of chronic diseaese

Last edited:
What is proper ratio for the Omega 6 and 3's? Right now I take 2 fish oil capsules 3 x a day (6 total) I take 2 Evening Primose oil capsules 2 x a day (6 total) I take 4 Flax seed oil capsules 3 x a day (12 total) I have Tyrosine- should I take the Tyrosine on an empty stomach and if so how much? it really sucks feeling this way..... I used to feel unstoppable, energy for days................ now I feel like my body is shutting down............. very depressing and this mono/ebv just tops everything off!!

proper ratio is any where 1to4:1 omega 6 to 3 's but when you have autoimmune disease ratio should be more 1:1 since immune system is over stimulated. Omega 3 calm the system too many omega 6 stimulate

tyrosine 500 mgs empty stomach 3 times a day not before 5 pm may not sleep. After a week if no repsonse goto 1000 mgs 3 times a day. Ease off on the flax when ill body can not convert to DHA and EPA more effcienctly. YOu could boost up the fish oil a bit but again moderation is the key. You could also add 2 TBSP extravirgin cocconut oil as well to help with immune ssytem and thyroid, take it easy on red meat/EGGS becuase they raises Arachondic acid which is not what you want right now becuase that stimulates inflammation.
What type of oil you cook with ? EVO or which ones..

Dha 600-800 mgs a day
EPA 1200-1500 mgs a day is a safe place
GLA should be about 500-1000 mgs a day

When ever immune system stimulated your adrenals are on over drive but since this has been on on going thing they may be on the low end. I would watch for sugar metabolism imbalance becuase when stressed insulin goes up even though blood sugar level stays steady and "normal". This happen to me blood sugar was in normal range but insulin was creeping up and sucking me dry all vitamins and inerals I was consuming. Eventually tissue became resistant to insulin was just burning muscle and storing evrything as fat and finally my insulin levels are now insuffienct and nutrients can not be driven into the cell and magnesium can not be stored and is just excreted out. So applying heavy zinc 100-150 mgs daily this will stimulate insulin metabolism and open the door for magnesium to be pushed in the cell which will reduce the insulin resistance and allow them to enter the cell. Now is not the time to stress body needs no more stimulation and I would back down on training alot and let body rest and recover. What i have provided is ways naturally to help you prevent things from getting worse and to help stimulate the immune system to return to normal life.. I swear what drs do not want patience to do..MD = more drugs LOL. I think more people on this forum need to read this section becuase things may not be apparent now but may be months down the road and that they could have been prevented.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Nails just one more q!!! when should I take the zinc, empty stomach, before bed, etc.... I will bump up fish oil along with everything else you recommended!!!! thanks for taking the time to post all this info for me! It really helps

empty stomach bro mainly before bed

Nails, Just wanted to follow up!!! 150mg of zinc before bed on empty stomach or at least with no food that contains calcium!!

"So applying heavy zinc 100-150 mgs daily..."

STOP! 100 mgs is MORE than enough. 150 may cause testosterone supression in testes. Break it into several small doses of 30mg and spread them over your day, with meals. Watch your total dose if you are using a multivitamin with minerals!

Excess zinc can also cause hair loss and embrittlement, and it can reduce sex hormone production. If you use a multimineral/multivitamin that contains zinc, selenium, and copper, you should be fine. I would not dose separately with these minerals. You need trace minerals in balance in order for them to be effective.

Tyrosine, 500 mg twice per day should be more than enough.

I wouldn't be quick to diagnose here, HAN. Chronic fatigue syndrome *may* be caused by Epstein-Bar, but its not a sure bet. You can't even prove that the exposure dose was high enough to cause infection!

Your recommendation for magnesium is low, and it should be taken several times per day, in smaller doses, in a soluble form (gluconate, malate, succinate, or citrate).

Do NOT take the inositol at that dose, please. Smaller dose of 500 mg, once or twice per day with the magnesium, between meals is fine. Too much can also cause some anxiety in susceptible individuals.

Why are you taking thyroid twice per day? Thyroid release peaks in the mid-morning, and should be taken one, in the morning. Why not start with 1/4 grain and see how you feel for a month or so.

I do NOT trust Armour as a source of bovine thyroid. I recommend Premier Labs, out of New Zealand. They have herd that is carefully monitored for disease, is kept in a pesticide free (as much as possible) and is grass fed (no CAFO conditions). NZ herds have been BSE negative.

Iherbtree carries it, relatively cheaply. I suggest two caps per day, one to start.

Let your endo diagnose your thyroid condition...not HAN, please.

I would have SHBG checked if your insurance allows. And I would NOT assume you have autoimmune disorder. I am not quite sure how this conclusion was reached here...

Being exposed to, and actually expressing the virus - and suffering from its effects - are two very different items.

"Raging" is a misnormer. She meant you have elevated titers of the antibody, meaning that you've been exposed to the virus recently.

Here's what I think may be your problem. Its quite possible that you euthyroid (produce normal thyroxine hormone), but you have a problem with receptor function - either too few receptors or the transport globulin for thyroxine is interfering with hormone binding. The same will be true of your testosterone transport globulin and binding.

Men who have been on higher fat (saturated fats in particular) and lower fiber often demonstrate elevated sex hormone binding globulin. Take a good long look at your diet and make sure that you aren't causing issues with excessive reliance on faster release carbs taken with whey, with use of supplements like glutamine and arginine, or from insufficient vegetable fiber (NOT from supplements, from the real deal, fiberous vegetables).

Make sure your diet is in order, so that you are taking in adequate *healthy* fats, fiber, and are controlling insulin by watching your carb intake and timing. Aim for a solid sleep hygiene routine. Manage stress effectively, and balance your anaerobic and aerobic workouts to promote effective cortisol and insulin management.

If you have joint pain and tenderness, you may wish to find a mixed digestive enzyme supplement and use it. These digestive enzymes also happen to belong to very ancient class of gene regulatory compounds and will help control excess inflammation, if thats an issue (as it often can be with stress diorders, high fat intake, insulin insensitivity, or when recovering from illness).

So I should go get my thyroid hormone receptors checked? My workouts are horrlble right now! I liked to use ephedra on work out days (only used ephedra 1x a day and only on workout days, never over used ephedra thats why its been so effective for me for so long!) but I have stopped using the ephedra a few months ago because I wasnt getting an energy effect from it anymore so I knew something was wrong! thats why I went to the doctor and ran some blood work and found out that I had mono recently but they couldnt tell me when I had but that I am most likely suffering from the bad fatigue that comes with it right now! My energy levels and mood seem to be getting better since I started taking armour, tyrosine, magnesium........ Im just hoping my fatigue gets better, and Im hoping my hair will start to thicken back up because right now that is stressing me out!! (my hair is thinning all over, no balding or recession, but just hair that is thinning out in the back, top, front, sides, even my chin hair doesnt seem the same either! this is another reason why I am thinking I have a thyroid problem as well and started taking armour! dont know what else to do!

From now on i am just going to shut up and let trouble handle things she is much more experinced and things she is saying is extremely accurate. I have enough of my own problems with issue with mercury intoxification and getting back to normal health.

Back