• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anyone know any small work outs.

DiGiTaL

.::.:: Legend ::.::.
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey,
My gf weights 116, height: 5'3 and here is her body fat stats:
Your "Ponderal Index" is 12.92 which gives an estimated body fat of 15.2% (17.6 pounds of fat) Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight

Estimated body fat of 14.3% (16.6 pounds of fat)

She'd like to get in shape but dont know how, Well i told her to do some cardio daily and i helped her with her diet, but does anyone know any kind of exercises/works out she can do at home or in gym to get in shape or anything.

Thanks for answering :)

What do you mean by small work outs? There is not really any specific difference in training in males vs females... she can probably do the same workout you are doing, maybe increase the reps to 8-12. Diet, lifting, and cardio pretty much cover getting in shape.

The main thing is that she finds a training program that she likes to do so she will do it. When she starts to see results, has more energy, and feels good about her program she will more likely continue to train, getting to a point of where she wants to be physically...

Keep it simple at first. Buy a skipping rope for her (and you) and start doing that together three times a week. It's cheap and fun and a fast way to burn calories. Look at foremans thread on jumping rope/ skipping. It is one of the quickest workouts cardio wise that a person can do. You get so many benefits with rope jumping. (read it)

If she can join a gym that could be a good option too. Following one of those beginner programs posted on this site is a good place for her to start. If she goes to a gym or fitness centre and gets introduced to the equipment, by a qualified trainer (they usually will include this when you join), she will likely feel more confident in that environment. There is nothing worse than going to a gym and not having a clue how to use the machines or the proper way to lift. That's why an introduction to the equipment and how to use it is so important.

She could also start with something like swimming if she likes that type of exercise. It depends a lot on a persons personality. Just support her no matter what she chooses to do or not to do, after all it's her life not yours. She doesn't have to like or follow the same program as you, it depends what she likes and what her own goals are. Saying that I don't know maybe working out together is something she wants to do. Just ask her.

I used to train at a gym with my girlfriend when I was your age and it was great. We both learned a lot. After a while she liked it so much and was getting in such great shape that she was the one dragging me there. Just remember to be patient with her, remember what it was like when you first started out. Starting out is hard and can be frustrating so try to keep it light and fun.

the bakerboy

lift heavy + diet is key. get her off the damn cardio equipment for crying out loud. cardio bunnies = skinny fats.

p.s. what is a 'small workout'?

Bakerboy said:
If she goes to a gym or fitness centre and gets introduced to the equipment, by a qualified trainer (they usually will include this when you join), she will likely feel more confident in that environment. There is nothing worse than going to a gym and not having a clue how to use the machines or the proper way to lift. That's why an introduction to the equipment and how to use it is so important.
'qualified trainers' are few and far between. not to mention, most of them do not use proper form themselves (ie: you'll blow out your knees of you go below parallel on a full squat).

'qualified trainers' are few and far between. not to mention, most of them do not use proper form themselves (ie: you'll blow out your knees of you go below parallel on a full squat).

I completely agree!

The best possible scenario is you know someone that knows what they are talking about from experience and study and they can show you in person.

It's hard to translate proper technique and form without showing someone and watching them do it in person. There are some sites out there that show video clips of specific exercises, some are not too bad.

www.infinityfitness.com/videos/exer.htm is an ok place to start.

by small workout, i meant a routine thats not too big and complicated. :)
Well, here is her interests in fitness:
- running
- swimming
- rollerblading( o_O )
- basketball, badminton, soccer
- rope jumping

Im taking her to gym with me next time, Im gonna make her follow my routine and ask for the trainer there for help to introduce her to the machines and i'll help her with her diet.
I'll be patient and try to get her in shape :)
Thanks.

lift heavy + diet is key. get her off the damn cardio equipment for crying out loud. cardio bunnies = skinny fats.

p.s. what is a 'small workout'?

:yes:

DiGiTaL said:
by small workout, i meant a routine thats not too big and complicated. :)
Well, here is her interests in fitness:
- running
- swimming
- rollerblading( o_O )
- basketball, badminton, soccer
- rope jumping

Im taking her to gym with me next time, Im gonna make her follow my routine and ask for the trainer there for help to introduce her to the machines and i'll help her with her diet.
I'll be patient and try to get her in shape :)
Thanks.

What's all this machine caper about? if she's interested in playing sports you would be better having her on a total freeweight program based on movements likely to occur in the sports. And some interval training to increase her cardio fitness.

Oh she is interested in weights and machines in gyms, she just doenst go to the gym so often to know how to use any of them.

IML Gear Cream!
DiGiTaL said:
Oh she is interested in weights and machines in gyms, she just doenst go to the gym so often to know how to use any of them.
if she's intimidated by it, be sure to reassure her that even the biggest dude in the gym, at one point, was a newb who didn't know WTF he was doing. everyone has to start somewhere. the more she goes, the more comfortable she'll be.

with reference to machines, get her on the right track from the getgo and into free weights. she'll be better off in the long run. and please keep her off the smith machine...run away from any trainer than even walks in the direction of it with her.

if she's intimidated by it, be sure to reassure her that even the biggest dude in the gym, at one point, was a newb who didn't know WTF he was doing. everyone has to start somewhere. the more she goes, the more comfortable she'll be.

with reference to machines, get her on the right track from the getgo and into free weights. she'll be better off in the long run. and please keep her off the smith machine...run away from any trainer than even walks in the direction of it with her.

Understood! :) Thanks.

cardio bunnies = skinny fats

wats a skinny fat?

Someone who looks skinny but has little to no muscle. They also usually have a high build up of cholerestoral due to poor diet and always die of heart attacks or strokes and everyone says: "that was a shock - they weren't even overweight!"

eg. models, movie stars, and just about everyone who is skinny due to dieting only.

Dumbell Lunges 2x a week and any form of cardio 3x a week sound like what she may be looking for but I totally agree with the Sexy Lady Mod.

kentmc said:
cardio bunnies = skinny fats

wats a skinny fat?

They have a small frame, and not much on it. However, a higher percentage than you think of that "not much" is fat.

Someone who looks skinny but has little to no muscle. They also usually have a high build up of cholerestoral due to poor diet and always die of heart attacks or strokes and everyone says: "that was a shock - they weren't even overweight!"

eg. models, movie stars, and just about everyone who is skinny due to dieting only.

Shit, now she is going to gym by force. Im not making her go through that.

Back