• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lat work without doing pullups or pulldowns

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a client whom I train at her house. Today is her 'pull' day and I have rows setup, maybe some sldls, and posterior deltoid and biceps for accessory work. But as far as getting some pulldowns in there, I MAY be able to bring my bands and cross them over some sort of bar that may be part of her garage door, but I wont know until I get there. So if I cannot use any sort of support for these bands, what else can I do?

I know rows can do it and I have 2 exercises for it, but would that be plenty you think?

Put the bands in the top of the door and close it, mine are set up for that and work well for pulldowns.

ForemanRules said:
Put the bands in the top of the door and close it, mine are set up for that and work well for pulldowns.

Top of a door. Hmm. This band I have has a notch FOR doors, but are you referring to the part where the door closes(where the hinges are)? If so, it would be angled yes?

Sometimes I use bands for an assisted pullup if she has a pullup bar, or you do. I drape the band over the bar, then I insert one half through the opening on the other side. I pull the band down and have the people step on it; if they have a groove in the bottom of their shoe then the band stays in there. Voila, an assisted pullup machine.

CowPimp said:
Sometimes I use bands for an assisted pullup if she has a pullup bar, or you do. I drape the band over the bar, then I insert one half through the opening on the other side. I pull the band down and have the people step on it; if they have a groove in the bottom of their shoe then the band stays in there. Voila, an assisted pullup machine.

Thats why I didnt understand this at first.

No, she doesnt have a pull up bar or anything strong enough. Shes a strong woman and is experienced, but I doun tshe could do a full rom pull up without assistance.

However, I discovered a place to use these bands for a pulldown, but well see next week.

AKIRA said:
Thats why I didnt understand this at first.

No, she doesnt have a pull up bar or anything strong enough. Shes a strong woman and is experienced, but I doun tshe could do a full rom pull up without assistance.

However, I discovered a place to use these bands for a pulldown, but well see next week.

You can have her do the pulldowns one arm at a time too. You could also do some straight adduction with the band to hit the lats, or some pullovers.

Barbell Pullovers, And bent-over rows hits alot of the back including the lats

Back