• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

One-Armed Dumbbell Rows VS. Bent-Over Barbell Rows?

NMOY

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have done plenty of back-work, but have never activly done Bent-over Barbell rows. Back in Highschool-Weight training we did it a bit but I never enjoyed the feel of it.
---Now adays I'm used to doing one-hand-at-a-time Dumbbell Rows, leaning on a bench for support with my free-hand.
**My question:
Is there a larger benefit to doing Bent-over Barbell Rows, or will I see relativly the same effects as if I continued doing Dumbbell Rows?

Thanks for your thoughts...

I like both movements, although functionally they are pretty similar.

So bent-over rowing doesn't have some extra positive stress on the body that promotes muscle growth anymore than dumbbell Rows.
Good to know!

NMOY said:
So bent-over rowing doesn't have some extra positive stress on the body that promotes muscle growth anymore than dumbbell Rows.
Good to know!

Well I like bent rows just because of the stabilization factor. You have to stabilize to some degree with one armed rows, but definitely more so with bent rows. I much prefer bent rows, but I do both. Both are great exercises.

I perfer the DB rows better. I feel like i can bring the dumbell further back then a BB. It just feels like a much better workout.

for me my upper body is usually parallel to the floor with one arm dumbell rows, while with bent rows it can range from almost parralel with floor to a more 45 degree yates style row. so i think both are good and neccessary exercises.

Thanks guys, I'll def. keep the option of seated cable, dumbbell and bent barbell rows all in mind, and rotate around as it comes.

Back