• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Elbow injury?

Keithm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I came down Hard on my Elbow playing Basketball two weeks ago. It only hurts when I push even on simple push ups, as soon as I stop the pain goes away. It hurts when I press on it as well like a bruise. When I pull it does not hurt at all. Should I suspend my pushing exercises untill the pain goes away? I can live with it. Just wanted to know If you think I will hurt myself further?

I guess the only way you can know if it is ok is to see a doctor. Unless the pain goes away completely after resting it.

Keithm said:
I came down Hard on my Elbow playing Basketball two weeks ago. It only hurts when I push even on simple push ups, as soon as I stop the pain goes away. It hurts when I press on it as well like a bruise. When I pull it does not hurt at all. Should I suspend my pushing exercises untill the pain goes away? I can live with it. Just wanted to know If you think I will hurt myself further?
Ummmm if it hurts don't do it.

The act of "jamming" a digit ro joint often results in the stretching or tearing of supporting ligaments. The elbow, like the knee, have ligaments and other tissue surrounding the joint to add stability. You've jammed the joint and probably impinged on a nerve, causing pain on pressing action. Recovery may take more than a few weeks (as long as a month), and while pulling doesn't appear to affect it, it may not be helping the healing of damaged tissue either.

You could have chipped the bone where connective tissue attaches, so if the pain persists much longer, it may be best to see your physian for exam and an x-ray.

One item here... It seems a bit odd to me that pulling with resistance *through* the joint isn't bothering you. A jam or chip affecting nerves generally leaves the entire joint aching and inflammed. Either motion, push or pull, would be expected to produce some pain from flexon.

Thanks for the Info, Thats what had me confused a Little, is that if it is a pinched nerve or some sort of tear. Then it seems like it would hurt push or pull. Everyday activity I dont even notice it. It is actually on the inside of my elbow(if you put your finger on the tip of your elbow and move it in towards your body then it is the little bone next to your elbow?) if that helps explain anything. It has been almost three weeks now,and it still feals about the same. I am going to try to get in and see a doctor early next week. Thanks again.

Back