• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Not growing

fet123

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there such a thing as the body getting used to the workout rutine and stop growing, even if you are pushing it to the limit? Or will it continue growing steady as long as your are eating correctly and pushing the bidy to the limit while working out. The main thing is that I feel my body is ussed to the rutine and it stop growing. Maybe it could be paranoia, but im just wondering if the body could get ussed to excersiing and stop growing.

fet123 said:
Is there such a thing as the body getting used to the workout rutine and stop growing, even if you are pushing it to the limit? Or will it continue growing steady as long as your are eating correctly and pushing the bidy to the limit while working out. The main thing is that I feel my body is ussed to the rutine and it stop growing. Maybe it could be paranoia, but im just wondering if the body could get ussed to excersiing and stop growing.
Post your exact workout in detail and your stats.

Yes, it is usually because your body has adapted to the routine you are doing and your muscles can already take the "intensity" you are performing. Remember to measure your progress. Keep doing what you are doing if you are seeing gains and results. Once you reach a plateau, it is important to change up the volume, frequency, intensity, loading scheme and so forth so then your body won't know what to expect.

Overload is one of the principles of an effective workout. If you aren't doing anything to force your body to adapt, then it won't.

ForemanRules said:
Post your exact workout in detail and your stats.

its been 4 weeks since I really started working out. Since I started I gained 4 pounds currently I am 137lbs and 5,9ft. I always been very skinny but I am seing improvement. my body fat is pretty low dont know exactly what it is, but I know its low. I now I am much stronger cause I restled a friend and i did much better than before I started. I try to go 4 to 5 days to the gym and I do upper and lower body split, Usually 3 days upper body and 1 lower body. My rutine varies different excersices to keep it changing, I do a lot of dumbbell execises and some machine ones(not to many), I rotate the execises constantly. I eat healthy and help it out with some protein shakes. I usually do 3 set of 8 reps on all my exercises. And I push it to the point the 8 one is imposible to do. I usually stay in the gym for 1 to 2 hours more in the 1 hour range.

I know im stronger but I dont feel the burning sensation I used to feel when I started working out. I am not sore anymore and it feels like if I dint go to the gim at all. I might be getting stronger, im not sure if bigger some friends say yeah but i dont see it.

One question. whats plateau?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
fet123 said:
its been 4 weeks since I really started working out. Since I started I gained 4 pounds currently I am 137lbs and 5,9ft. I always been very skinny but I am seing improvement. my body fat is pretty low dont know exactly what it is, but I know its low. I now I am much stronger cause I restled a friend and i did much better than before I started. I try to go 4 to 5 days to the gym and I do upper and lower body split, Usually 3 days upper body and 1 lower body. My rutine varies different excersices to keep it changing, I do a lot of dumbbell execises and some machine ones(not to many), I rotate the execises constantly. I eat healthy and help it out with some protein shakes. I usually do 3 set of 8 reps on all my exercises. And I push it to the point the 8 one is imposible to do. I usually stay in the gym for 1 to 2 hours more in the 1 hour range.

I know im stronger but I dont feel the burning sensation I used to feel when I started working out. I am not sore anymore and it feels like if I dint go to the gim at all. I might be getting stronger, im not sure if bigger some friends say yeah but i dont see it.

One question. whats plateau?

Thanks for the help

Wow, My brain just exploded. (#9)

Okay, first off, you can't expect to get huge in one month...thats ridiculous.
Secondly your split sucks ass hardcore.
3 upper body days? Why? 1 lower? Why?
This is too horrible to even begin.

Read the stickies in this forum. All of them. and then head over to the nutrion forum and read those.

use this split- dont be in the gym for over an hour and keep a routine- there is no way u stopped growing if its 4 weeks, this isnt an overnight thing, if it was, every1 would be huge- read the nutrition stickies and training stickies and do what it says
day 1- upper push
day 2-off
day 3- lower- quad dominant
day 4- upper pull
day 5- off
day 6- lower- hamstring dominant
day 7- off

myCATpowerlifts I never said I was expecting to get huge in a month, all I said is that i thought i stopped my steady growing that I was seing in the past weeks. I know I cant get huge fast.

mike456 Thanks for your help. Ill look into it.

CowPimp said:
Overload is one of the principles of an effective workout. If you aren't doing anything to force your body to adapt, then it won't.

Yes, well said...it's really that simple.

If you are getting stronger and the caloric support is there than the mass will follow.

Back