• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training Legs Twice

ponyboy

Training Trainer
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Wondering what you all think about this...

I'm going into a bulk in about two weeks and I'm thinking because my legs are my most lagging bodypart I'm going to try to hit them twice a week to get them to grow. It worked for my calves recently but I wasn't focused on my legs...what do you think?

Calves, like abs and forearms, can be trained a bunch. Legs CAN'T. If you need to prioritize, do legs when you are fresh, after a day off. Eat extra on leg days, sleep well. Train them harded, heavier and more volume, but don't train them more often unless its only for a week or two to shock them.

I just wanted to extend a welcome to you ponyboy!

So, welcome to Ironmagazine!

Oh yeah, WELCOME, thanks W8!!

Yeah train them once a week just make sure you hit them hard, If you don???t throw up or feel like passing out you did not train them hard enough. The throwing up goes after the dizzy feeling :spaz: :)

Whats your leg routine now? If your thinking about doing legs twice a week I'm wondering about your intensity cause I'm still sore 3-4 days after leg day.

And a BIG welcome to IM!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone...w8, I heard about this place through your website...are you doing the WNSO show this weekend?

Originally posted by ponyboy
Thanks for the welcome everyone...w8, I heard about this place through your website...are you doing the WNSO show this weekend?

Yes...good luck to you...if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi :D

I'll be there actually as a competitor...it's my first show. Hope to run into you backstage. Good luck!

I'll be there actually as a competitor...it's my first show. Hope to run into you backstage. Good luck!

I know...and tell Sundayfit good luck as well! Are you going up friday night or saturday morning? Is John going?

IML Gear Cream!
I live in Toronto so I'll be there Saturday morning. Sundayfit is coming to stay at my place and we're heading up together for the meeting Saturday morning. I'm really looking forward to it, I think it will be fun. John as far as I know is not coming although he sends his support to us all constantly. BTW, if you are going out afterwards that night and have any suggestions, we are open! I'm just looking forward to meeting some new people who are really into this.

We'll be driving back the same night, by the time the show's over, mmafiter is sick of BB and wants to head home :lol:

Wondering what you all think about this...

I'm going into a bulk in about two weeks and I'm thinking because my legs are my most lagging bodypart I'm going to try to hit them twice a week to get them to grow. It worked for my calves recently but I wasn't focused on my legs...what do you think?

You could give it a go and see how it works out.

I don't think you could get away with it indefinately tho. Maybe for a few weeks before you start overtraining (but don;t hold me to that.)

Maybe even try cycling it in every second or third week?

Actually that's good advice Chicken, I think I'll try it every other week and see how it goes from there.

You may wanna drop deadlifts if you do them on a different day, or you may find yourself hitting your lower back hard too frequently.

If you find you do want to increase your leg training frequency but don't want to go twice a week you can try a split that worked for me:

Week 1
Monday: legs
Tuesday: chest
Wednesday: rest
Thrusday: back
Friday: legs
Sat & Sun: rest

Week 2
Monday: chest
Tuesday: back
Thursday: legs
Friday: chest

Week 3
Monday: back
Tuesday: legs
Thursday: chest
Friday: back

Week 4
Repeat cycle.

With this split you work each body part four times in three weeks.

Back