• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ratio of big lifts weight wise to one another...

Incognegro

SFR Bike Crew
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
...should they all be relatively close to each other say 50 lbs? or squat and dead closer, w/ bench a bit farther behind...

just wondering b/c I feel the dead is my best lift followed by back squat then bench.

Im 172 @ 7-8 percent and I've never benched more than 175 1x2 decline (i think I could do more, just never have.) I dead 275 2x8 consistently, and squat 225 atg 2x3.

so is my bench 2 far behind, and should my dead be way ahead of my squat? or vice versa? or closer to gether, or? I guess it all depnds right.

I was just wondering what there should be like a ratio or diff between the 3, and if so what should it be.

What should the optimal numbers (in theory) for my weight be? I always feel more confident adding weight/upping reps etc w/ my dead as opposed to evverything else.

J

Bench
squat
Dead lift

this is about right IMO

i believe so 2. at the rate they are all going up if the grip is up to the challenge I hope to hit those by early next year (late feb i hope.)

J

edit: now that I think about it the 500 dead i can pull by feb, i hope to squat just 315 by the end of the year. bench if I can do 210 for 2x8 by dec ill be more than happy.

J

Some people are just better at certain movements than others.

You should squat and deadlift more than you bench press unless you are a 400 pound fatass with no coordination. Also, without gear I would say most people can deadlift more than they squat, but those numbers should be fairly close.

Cool, I feel better about my numbers then.

any other input?

J

like the almight CP has said, your bench should be less than your squat/dead however people are different with different points of attachments for muscles and differing bone lengths etc.

it usually works bench-squat-dead however as previously stated some people are just better at certain movements than others (as an example people with long arms are better at deadlifting) so it will vary person to person.

Yanick said:
like the almight CP has said, your bench should be less than your squat/dead however people are different with different points of attachments for muscles and differing bone lengths etc.

it usually works bench-squat-dead however as previously stated some people are just better at certain movements than others (as an example people with long arms are better at deadlifting) so it will vary person to person.

True true. If you look like this...

image002.jpg

then there is no question your deadlift is going to kickass and your bench will such balls. If you're a giant fatass with arms that are at full extension 2 and a half inches off your giant belly when you're laying down, then benching will be more your forte, heh.

that guy has some long friggin arms.

Atm my bench is bigger than my squat by a tad because ive only started seriously training my legs recently (last few months). Deadlift is more than bench though, so im hoping to get the squat higher pretty quickely in the next month or two.

That order makes sense to me though.

Gazhole said:
Atm my bench is bigger than my squat by a tad because ive only started seriously training my legs recently (last few months). Deadlift is more than bench though, so im hoping to get the squat higher pretty quickely in the next month or two.

That order makes sense to me though.

That will change quickly though. I was the same way at first because my leg training was totally lame. In a few months time my squat went up a lot.

ForemanRules said:
Bench
squat
Dead lift

this is about right IMO

I've got 2 out of 3. My squat is about 150 lbs less than my DL, however. :(

ForemanRules said:
Bench
squat
Dead lift

this is about right IMO

This is spot on for me. I'm currently around 370 bench, squat 500+ (although I've never done more than 405lbs for many reps), dead lift 500+ (again I've never pulled more than 495lbs for 4 reps). It's just not worth the injury risk for me to max these lifts out.

CowPimp said:
That will change quickly though. I was the same way at first because my leg training was totally lame. In a few months time my squat went up a lot.

Im confident thisll happen aswell. In the last 3 months ive gone from squating 80lbs to 132lbs for 4 reps. I hope that curve continues!

I do need to do some ham-dominant exercises though. *Google...*

Gazhole said:
Im confident thisll happen aswell. In the last 3 months ive gone from squating 80lbs to 132lbs for 4 reps. I hope that curve continues!

I do need to do some ham-dominant exercises though. *Google...*

Which ones are you performing right now and what equipment do you have available? I could give you some suggestions.

Gazhole said:
Atm i very much doubt im doing many at all. At least no dominants. I know the hams stabilize most kinds of squat (full + hack are the ones i concentrate on) but i can find many i can do with my equipment:

Barbell, Dumbells, Bench, Tri + EZ bars.

Im thinking some sort of step-up? Any help would be awesome though! Im discovering a new love of leg training :p.

Do deadlifts and variations thereof: sumo stance, stiff-legged, unilateral stiff-legged, etc. Good mornings are also great, but start light on these and be uber tight with your form. Stepups are a good for a unilateral movement that hits the hams nicely. Try to make sure you're stepping onto something pretty tall. Also, if you can rig up some way to do glute ham raises, those are awesome!

Also, what are you squatting now? Just curious, since your legs looked excellent in one of your gallery pictures.

I squatted 330 onto a 10.5" box a few weeks ago. A freestanding squat done PL style I could probably hit 350. Olympic style back squats I probably could do more like 315-325 for a single. I might be able to do a tiny bit more though; the last time I did them it was following my box squat max and 4 sets of good mornings, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops! Haha, I edited your post instead of quoting it. My bad. Either way, the past is still in tact and the questions answered. Haha.

fufu said:
that guy has some long friggin arms.
thats what i was thinking the bar is alot closer to my balls when i dead lift,,,,,thats bloody cheating he doesnt have to lift it as high:D

IML Gear Cream!
CowPimp said:
Oops! Haha, I edited your post instead of quoting it. My bad. Either way, the past is still in tact and the questions answered. Haha.

No problem, for a breif second there i thought id lied my ass of about how much i can squat :p hahaha! Thats awesome though, id be really proud of that sort of performance :thumb:.

I do regular deadlifts, but ive put them on back day. I may do a different variation thats more focused on legs on leg day though. Ill have to check out those good mornings, ive never seen the form for those. Im sure i can find something to do step ups on, i dont trust my bench for those...maybe a big block of timber will do the trick...

Cheers man, thats plenty to get me going!

Back