• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Colostrum (NZ) - Fat & Lactose Reduced

APG

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Suggested Use for Colostrum (NZ)
Take 10g of Colostrum on an empty stomach, 1 to 2 times a daily for an improvment to your athletic performance.

Our colostrum is a powder and best taken with half a pint (300ml) of cold milk, water, soda water, juice (non-acidic, as proteins will curdle) or yoghurt. Our colostrum should be stirred or blended to a smooth paste with a little fluid before slowly diluting to full volume.

One rounded tablespoon is approximately 5 grams.

Do you want to see the amino acid profile for our Colostrum?

Nutritional Information
Serving size: 10g
Energy 36.0cal
Protein (as-is) 8.1g
Carbohydrates 0.7g
Fat 0.1g
Lactoferrin 0.1g

£8.06p for 700g

Has anyone used this? Is there dossage correct? I have been taking it for 1 week now first thing in the morning (20g with half pint of skimmed milk) I do feel stronger. The only problem is the expense, is this product worth it and what gains can i expect with it?

I have used it ages ago, when i was pretty inexperienced in nutrition. I didn't monitor my progress very closely and as i was in my teens, i was still growing. However, the one thing that i do remember from useing colostrum was that i became leaner, nothing dramatic but noticeable, without any change to training or diet.

Just recently someone who's opinion i value suggested that colostrum has been fantastic for recovery for him during his lean bulk. So, i am getting some to give it a go based on his recommendation alone. We shall see.

Lactoferrin intrigues me though.

I posted a thread about colstrum like a year ago. I'm light years ahead of these supplement company's. Next thing you know supp companys will sell colostrum for 30 bucks a bottle.

Most bodybuilding supplement shops have it.

APG said:
Suggested Use for Colostrum (NZ)
Take 10g of Colostrum on an empty stomach, 1 to 2 times a daily for an improvment to your athletic performance.

Our colostrum is a powder and best taken with half a pint (300ml) of cold milk, water, soda water, juice (non-acidic, as proteins will curdle) or yoghurt. Our colostrum should be stirred or blended to a smooth paste with a little fluid before slowly diluting to full volume.

One rounded tablespoon is approximately 5 grams.

Do you want to see the amino acid profile for our Colostrum?

Nutritional Information
Serving size: 10g
Energy 36.0cal
Protein (as-is) 8.1g
Carbohydrates 0.7g
Fat 0.1g
Lactoferrin 0.1g

£8.06p for 700g

Has anyone used this? Is there dossage correct? I have been taking it for 1 week now first thing in the morning (20g with half pint of skimmed milk) I do feel stronger. The only problem is the expense, is this product worth it and what gains can i expect with it?
I did as a baby

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your breasts produce colostrum beginning during pregnancy and continuing through the early days of breastfeeding. This special milk is yellow to orange in color and thick and sticky. It is low in fat, and high in carbohydrates, protein, and antibodies to help keep your baby healthy. Colostrum is extremely easy to digest, and is therefore the perfect first food for your baby. It is low in volume (measurable in teaspoons rather than ounces), but high in concentrated nutrition for the newborn. Colostrum has a laxative effect on the baby, helping him pass his early stools, which aids in the excretion of excess bilirubin and helps prevent jaundice.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When your baby is breastfed early and often, your breasts will begin producing mature milk around the third or fourth day after birth. Your milk will then increase in volume and will generally begin to appear thinner and whiter (more opaque) in color. In those first few days it is extremely important to breastfeed your newborn at least 8-12 times each 24 hours, and more often is even better. This allows your baby to get all the benefits of the colostrum and also stimulates production of a plentiful supply of mature milk. Frequent breastfeeding also helps prevent engorgement.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your colostrum provides not only perfect nutrition tailored to the needs of your newborn, but also large amounts of living cells which will defend your baby against many harmful agents. The concentration of immune factors is much higher in colostrum than in mature milk.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum actually works as a natural and 100% safe vaccine. It contains large quantities of an antibody called secretory immunoglobulin A (IgA) which is a new substance to the newborn. Before your baby was born, he received the benefit of another antibody, called IgG, through your placenta. IgG worked through the baby's circulatory system, but IgA protects the baby in the places most likely to come under attack from germs, namely the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs, and intestines.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum has an especially important role to play in the baby's gastrointestinal tract. A newborn's intestines are very permeable. Colostrum seals the holes by "painting" the gastrointestinal tract with a barrier which mostly prevents foreign substances from penetrating and possibly sensitizing a baby to foods the mother has eaten.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum also contains high concentrations of leukocytes, protective white cells which can destroy disease-causing bacteria and viruses.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The colostrum gradually changes to mature milk during the first two weeks after birth. During this transition, the concentrations of the antibodies in your milk decrease, but your milk volume greatly increases. The disease-fighting properties of human milk do not disappear with the colostrum. In fact, as long as your baby receives your milk, he will receive immunological protection against many different viruses and bacteria.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stomach capacity of the newborn

When mothers hear that colostrum is measurable in teaspoons rather than ounces, they often wonder if that can really be enough for their babies. The short answer is that colostrum is the only food healthy, full-term babies need. The following is an explanation:
A 1 day old baby's stomach capacity is about 5-7 ml, or about the size of a marble. Interestingly, researchers have found that the day-old newborn's stomach does not stretch to hold more. Since the walls of the newborn's stomach stays firm, extra milk is most often expelled (spit up). Your colostrum is just the right amount for your baby's first feedings!
By day 3, the newborn's stomach capacity has grown to about 0.75-1 oz, or about the size of a "shooter" marble. Small, frequent feedings assure that your baby takes in all the milk he needs.
Around day 7, the newborn's stomach capacity is now about 1.5-2 oz, or about the size of a ping-pong ball. Continued frequent feeding will assure that your baby takes in all the milk he needs, and your milk production meets his demands.
[/FONT]

BigDyl said:
I posted a thread about colstrum like a year ago. I'm light years ahead of these supplement company's. Next thing you know supp companys will sell colostrum for 30 bucks a bottle.

I remember that thread.........thanks

ForemanRules said:
I did as a baby

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your breasts produce colostrum beginning during pregnancy and continuing through the early days of breastfeeding. This special milk is yellow to orange in color and thick and sticky. It is low in fat, and high in carbohydrates, protein, and antibodies to help keep your baby healthy. Colostrum is extremely easy to digest, and is therefore the perfect first food for your baby. It is low in volume (measurable in teaspoons rather than ounces), but high in concentrated nutrition for the newborn. Colostrum has a laxative effect on the baby, helping him pass his early stools, which aids in the excretion of excess bilirubin and helps prevent jaundice.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When your baby is breastfed early and often, your breasts will begin producing mature milk around the third or fourth day after birth. Your milk will then increase in volume and will generally begin to appear thinner and whiter (more opaque) in color. In those first few days it is extremely important to breastfeed your newborn at least 8-12 times each 24 hours, and more often is even better. This allows your baby to get all the benefits of the colostrum and also stimulates production of a plentiful supply of mature milk. Frequent breastfeeding also helps prevent engorgement.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your colostrum provides not only perfect nutrition tailored to the needs of your newborn, but also large amounts of living cells which will defend your baby against many harmful agents. The concentration of immune factors is much higher in colostrum than in mature milk.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum actually works as a natural and 100% safe vaccine. It contains large quantities of an antibody called secretory immunoglobulin A (IgA) which is a new substance to the newborn. Before your baby was born, he received the benefit of another antibody, called IgG, through your placenta. IgG worked through the baby's circulatory system, but IgA protects the baby in the places most likely to come under attack from germs, namely the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs, and intestines.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum has an especially important role to play in the baby's gastrointestinal tract. A newborn's intestines are very permeable. Colostrum seals the holes by "painting" the gastrointestinal tract with a barrier which mostly prevents foreign substances from penetrating and possibly sensitizing a baby to foods the mother has eaten.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colostrum also contains high concentrations of leukocytes, protective white cells which can destroy disease-causing bacteria and viruses.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The colostrum gradually changes to mature milk during the first two weeks after birth. During this transition, the concentrations of the antibodies in your milk decrease, but your milk volume greatly increases. The disease-fighting properties of human milk do not disappear with the colostrum. In fact, as long as your baby receives your milk, he will receive immunological protection against many different viruses and bacteria.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stomach capacity of the newborn

When mothers hear that colostrum is measurable in teaspoons rather than ounces, they often wonder if that can really be enough for their babies. The short answer is that colostrum is the only food healthy, full-term babies need. The following is an explanation:
A 1 day old baby's stomach capacity is about 5-7 ml, or about the size of a marble. Interestingly, researchers have found that the day-old newborn's stomach does not stretch to hold more. Since the walls of the newborn's stomach stays firm, extra milk is most often expelled (spit up). Your colostrum is just the right amount for your baby's first feedings!
By day 3, the newborn's stomach capacity has grown to about 0.75-1 oz, or about the size of a "shooter" marble. Small, frequent feedings assure that your baby takes in all the milk he needs.
Around day 7, the newborn's stomach capacity is now about 1.5-2 oz, or about the size of a ping-pong ball. Continued frequent feeding will assure that your baby takes in all the milk he needs, and your milk production meets his demands.
[/FONT]

Your mom's colostrum is most excellent. :lick:

IML Gear Cream!
BigDyl said:

Its been known about for ages, but its never taken off.

Robboe said:
Its been known about for ages, but its never taken off.

I'd still like to think that I was the first to discover it, thanks. :thumb:

Then it shall be.

Back