• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Batwoman is a lesbian

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/06/01/batwoman.uncloseted.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Years after she first emerged from the Batcave, Batwoman is coming out of the closet.
DC Comics is resurrecting the classic comic book character as a lesbian, unveiling the new Batwoman in July as part of an ongoing weekly series that began this year. The 5-foot-10 superhero comes with flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spiked heels, and a form-fitting black outfit.

story.batwoman.ap.jpg

"We decided to give her a different point of view," explained Dan DiDio, vice president and executive editor at DC. "We wanted to make her a more unique personality than others in the Bat-family. That's one of the reasons we went in this direction." (Watch people on the streets react -- 2:17)
(DC Comics, like CNN, is a division of Time Warner.)
The original Batwoman was started in 1956, and killed off in 1979. The new character will share the same name as her original alter ego, Kathy Kane. And the new Batwoman arrives with ties to others in the Gotham City world.
"She's a socialite from Gotham high society," DiDio said. "She has some past connection with Bruce Wayne. And she's also had a past love affair with one of our lead characters, Renee Montoya."
Montoya, in the "52" comic book series, is a former police detective. Wayne, of course, is Batman's true identity -- but he has disappeared, along with Superman and Wonder Woman, leaving Gotham a more dangerous place.
The "52" series is a collaboration of four acclaimed writers, with one episode per week for one year. The comics will introduce other diverse characters as the story plays out.
"This is not just about having a gay character," DiDio said. "We're trying for overall diversity in the DC universe. We have strong African-American, Hispanic and Asian characters. We're trying to get a better cross-section of our readership and the world."
The outing of Batwoman created a furor of opinions on Web sites devoted to DC Comics. Opinions ranged from outrage to approval. Others took a more tongue-in-cheek approach to the announcement.
"Wouldn't ugly people as heroes be more groundbreaking?" asked one poster. "You know, 200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores, etc.?"
DiDio asked that people wait until the new Batwoman's appearance in the series before they pass judgment.
"You know what? Judge us by the story and character we create," he said. "We are confident that we are telling a great story with a strong, complex character."
DiDio spent most of the morning fielding phone calls from media intrigued by the Batwoman reinvention.
"It's kind of weird," he said. "We had a feeling it would attract some attention, but we're a little surprised it did this much

It's going to flop. Parents won't let their kids see it, and comic-book loyalists will be pissed.

Who's the target audience?

The 5-foot-10 superhero comes with flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spiked heels, and a form-fitting black outfit.

story.batwoman.ap.jpg

:hmmm:

:bulb:...

025_25.jpg

Last edited:
So, basically Cat woman with a bat suit....:confused:

busyLivin said:
It's going to flop. Parents won't let their kids see it, and comic-book loyalists will be pissed.

Spoken like a true intolerant Christian - :rolleyes:

The Monkey Man said:
Spoken like a true intolerant Christian - :rolleyes:
no, I was being serious. Get off the anti-Christian bandwagon & answer the question.

I can't say anything on this site without some dipshit relating it to my religion. :rolleyes:

busyLivin said:
no, I was being serious...

Exactly, the fact you didn't consider that some parents dont have a problem with a character being gay,
OR that gays, and gay parents in general may be the key demographic
is proof of how brainwashed you are...

If you hate gays; fine, don't read the comic,
but stop raining on other folks parade's, Pope Sixtus! - :rolleyes:
Here is your target audience...

newgrab4.gif

And, all he wants is a hot character, who he can imagine, does lesbo stuff!

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
busyLivin said:

30-50 year old geeks who can't get laied.....so a big audience

topolo said:
I have never been laied, what is it?
It is when you rub one out and then tell everyone about it.

busyLivin said:

I think it's actually a brilliant move; who gives a shit about comic books anymore (or even ever..), but by doing this so much attention has been attracted to it by the media and word of mouth that whether people love or hate the idea, the comic is going to sell like crazy.

busyLivin said:

:thumb:

Of course people are going to attack your faith over this statement but, hey... that's to be expected right? It's an easy target to shoot at and the majority of the anti-religious just cannot seem to pass on the opportunity to take shots at professing christians.

:offtopic: I honestly think this comic will not last the long haul. As far as "pure" comic enthusiasts are concerned, this comic will have some initial appeal and excitement but eventually will suffer the same fate as CatWoman.

Of course, the writers could choose to exploit and focus on the fact that she is a lesbian. This could, in effect, alienate her from the majority of "Superhero" fans and attract a whole different demographic. This then invites the debate as to whether this is really a Superhero Comic or not? And if it is, is there a large enough loyalty among the comic book enthusiasts to keep this publication alive?

It's an interesting approach to comic sales. It will be interesting to see how BatWoman does over the next 2 years (if she lasts that long).

Witmaster said:
:thumb:
I honestly think this comic will not last the long haul. As far as "pure" comic enthusiasts are concerned, this comic will have some initial appeal and excitement but eventually will suffer the same fate as CatWoman.

Of course, the writers could choose to exploit and focus on the fact that she is a lesbian. This could, in effect, alienate her from the majority of "Superhero" fans and attract a whole different demographic. This then invites the debate as to whether this is really a Superhero Comic or not? And if it is, is there a large enough loyalty among the comic book enthusiasts to keep this publication alive?

It's an interesting approach to comic sales. It will be interesting to see how BatWoman does over the next 2 years (if she lasts that long).

If they make her sexuality the main theme of the comic, it'll last about as long as Ellen Degeneres' sitcom lasted after she came out of the closet. If they focus overmuch on her sexuality, the rest of her character will suffer. Think about it, is average superhero's sexuality a central point to the comic? If they make her sexuality a facet of her character, then it might work.

As for their target audience being 35 year old virgins, unless they make it an adult comic (with graphic sex), the only way she's going to show that she's a lesbian is with the occasional female-on-female kiss. This won't appeal for very long to those who want to see a superhero having "hot lesbian sex."

It's going to take a very good, and balanced, writer to pull of this comic, which I doubt will happen. Who knows though, they might get Kevin Smith to write it, and I'd buy that.

On a semi-related note: Kevin Smith's Superman Lives screenplay.

min0 lee said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/06/01/batwoman.uncloseted.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Years after she first emerged from the Batcave, Batwoman is coming out of the closet.
DC Comics is resurrecting the classic comic book character as a lesbian, unveiling the new Batwoman in July as part of an ongoing weekly series that began this year. The 5-foot-10 superhero comes with flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spiked heels, and a form-fitting black outfit.

story.batwoman.ap.jpg

"We decided to give her a different point of view," explained Dan DiDio, vice president and executive editor at DC. "We wanted to make her a more unique personality than others in the Bat-family. That's one of the reasons we went in this direction." (Watch people on the streets react -- 2:17)
(DC Comics, like CNN, is a division of Time Warner.)
The original Batwoman was started in 1956, and killed off in 1979. The new character will share the same name as her original alter ego, Kathy Kane. And the new Batwoman arrives with ties to others in the Gotham City world.
"She's a socialite from Gotham high society," DiDio said. "She has some past connection with Bruce Wayne. And she's also had a past love affair with one of our lead characters, Renee Montoya."
Montoya, in the "52" comic book series, is a former police detective. Wayne, of course, is Batman's true identity -- but he has disappeared, along with Superman and Wonder Woman, leaving Gotham a more dangerous place.
The "52" series is a collaboration of four acclaimed writers, with one episode per week for one year. The comics will introduce other diverse characters as the story plays out.
"This is not just about having a gay character," DiDio said. "We're trying for overall diversity in the DC universe. We have strong African-American, Hispanic and Asian characters. We're trying to get a better cross-section of our readership and the world."
The outing of Batwoman created a furor of opinions on Web sites devoted to DC Comics. Opinions ranged from outrage to approval. Others took a more tongue-in-cheek approach to the announcement.
"Wouldn't ugly people as heroes be more groundbreaking?" asked one poster. "You know, 200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores, etc.?"
DiDio asked that people wait until the new Batwoman's appearance in the series before they pass judgment.
"You know what? Judge us by the story and character we create," he said. "We are confident that we are telling a great story with a strong, complex character."
DiDio spent most of the morning fielding phone calls from media intrigued by the Batwoman reinvention.
"It's kind of weird," he said. "We had a feeling it would attract some attention, but we're a little surprised it did this much

Hobbies include eating pussy when girls are on their rag...:lick:

What do they mean first of it's kind? I thought Robin was the first gay super hero? And what about these guy's?

888.jpg

maniclion said:
What do they mean first of it's kind? I thought Robin was the first gay super hero? And what about these guy's?

888.jpg

That made me die laughing, the first people I thought of was Foreman and Bigdyl.......I was going to photoshop their faces into that dynamic dou.:D

IML Gear Cream!
She ain't no fruit bat. Well, I guess she is...

min0 lee said:

I want to suck your blood...:tomato:

Back