• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

upper/lower 1 and 2

GFR

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Upper.1
DB incline Bench 4x12
Seated DB press 4x12
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
Dips 3x12

Legs 1
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

off
off

Upper.2
Bench 4x8
Military press 4x8
T-bar rows 5x12
close grip pullups 3x12

Legs.2
Dead lifts 4x10

Off

Need some help with this
, kind of a new idea for me so give me some input

how will these workouts be done on a week to week basis?

why only 4 sets of deads for your 2nd leg day?

Yanick said:
how will these workouts be done on a week to week basis?

why only 4 sets of deads for your 2nd leg day?
I listed them in order from Fri toThursday, my lower day is not a big concern...I grow like a weed in the legs and glutes.

Upper.1 Friday
DB incline Bench 4x12
Seated DB press 4x12
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
Dips 3x12

Legs 1 Sat
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

off Sun
off Mon

Upper.2 Tue
Bench 4x8
Military press 4x8
T-bar rows 5x12
close grip pullups 3x12

Legs.2 Wed
Dead lifts 4x10

Off Thurs

it looks good to me i guess. well balanced except for the leg day, but you said your fine with it and you should know what works better for you than me.

only thing i can think of otherwise is maybe some sort of pull over on your 2nd upper day, 3x12 like dips on upper 1.

oh yea, and seated calfs can go on day 2 for the soleus.

Yanick said:
it looks good to me i guess. well balanced except for the leg day, but you said your fine with it and you should know what works better for you than me.

only thing i can think of otherwise is maybe some sort of pull over on your 2nd upper day, 3x12 like dips on upper 1.

oh yea, and seated calfs can go on day 2 for the soleus.
I actually did pullovers my last workout, I will probably throw then in on one of the days

It looks pretty good.

comments in bold...

ForemanRules said:
I listed them in order from Fri toThursday, my lower day is not a big concern...I grow like a weed in the legs and glutes.

Upper.1 Friday
DB incline Bench 4x12
Seated DB press 4x12
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
Dips 3x12

okay, so it looks like instead of focusing on planes of movement you are emphasizing strength in the back and then reps in the push muscle and then vice versa on the next day. I would place the pulling movements first in the workout if this is the case just to get focus on them and put everythin you can into them. Dips are fine for the tricep movement. I may even suggest adding some additional single joint work for the upper back and stabilizers (reverse flyes, face pulls, etc..) given your history of shoulder problems/pains. I would also take the exercises with 12 reps and drop the sets down to 3 there but keep the 8 rep sets up at 4.

Legs 1 Sat
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

this looks fine since you don't seem to have an interest in making your legs bigger. Again, might even go down to 3 sets here. not bad though.

off Sun
off Mon

Upper.2 Tue
Bench 4x8
Military press 4x8
T-bar rows 5x12
close grip pullups 3x12

now the day where you are focusing on pressing. 4x8 looks fine for the presses. the pull ups are fine at 3x12. I would also place the t-bar row at 3x12 and again, add in another upper back/scapula stabilizer exercise for the shoulder girdle. You might want to do it in a really high rep range like 15-20 for 2-3 sets to work on the endurance of the stabilizers. Also, add a biceps movement in here since you have some triceps (dips) on day 1.

Legs.2 Wed
Dead lifts 4x10

might want to add a single leg exercise to this day. Maybe a lunge or a split squat or even a step up. Something to that effect.

Off Thurs

Looks good, but I wouldn't recommend dips with the shoulder injury.

Upper.1
DB incline Bench 3x12
Seated DB press 3x12
DB rows 3x8
Lat pulls 3x8
Dips(Triceps) 3x12

Legs 1
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

off
off

Upper.2
Military press 3x8
Bench 3x8
Wide Grip Overhand Pull-ups 3x12
T-bar rows 3x12
close grip underhand pullups (Biceps) 3x12
I would put military press as your first push movement because the other upper you are doing bench first, samething with pulldowns and added a bicep movement since you have dips for the tris

Legs.2
Dead lifts 4x10
Leg Press 4x10
optional- Seated Calfs 4x12

Just added a quad dominant since you have a ham dominant and I would do calves again...

P-funk said:
It looks pretty good.

comments in bold...
Thanks P, I do shoulder re-hab work every week...just didn't put down here.
Also do you think dips could be replaced with cgbp...BigDly might be right that dips could be hard on my shoulders.

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
Thanks P, I do shoulder re-hab work every week...just didn't put down here.
Also do you think dips could be replaced with cgbp...BigDly might be right that dips could be hard on my shoulders.

If you want tricep isolation work, then I would just do tricep isolation work. My opinion is that you should probably do more pulling than pushing if anything. You have always been a strong bencher so it seems; you might want some added volume in the reverse direction to help prevent your shoulder problems from cropping up again.

I'm with P on throwing in stuff for the retractors. I'm a huge fan of face pulls. Incline DB shrugs are pretty cool too. I think that's an underrated movement.

CowPimp said:
If you want tricep isolation work, then I would just do tricep isolation work. My opinion is that you should probably do more pulling than pushing if anything. You have always been a strong bencher so it seems; you might want some added volume in the reverse direction to help prevent your shoulder problems from cropping up again.

I'm with P on throwing in stuff for the retractors. I'm a huge fan of face pulls. Incline DB shrugs are pretty cool too. I think that's an underrated movement.
Upper.1
DB incline Bench 3x12
Seated DB press 3x12
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
skull crushers 3x12
DB curls 3x8

Legs 1
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

off
off

Upper.2
Bench 3x8
Military press 3x8
Med grip pullups 4x12
T-bar rows 4x12
Hammer curls 2x10

Legs.2
Dead lifts 4x10

Off

I dropped the push volume a bit

Plus rotator work on upper day 1...15-20 rep sets

looks good.

do military before bench on 1 of the days, and add in tricep extensions on day 2 or else take off the db curls on day 1.

mike456 said:
do military before bench on 1 of the days, and add in tricep extensions on day 2 or else take off the db curls on day 1.
I like that idea....have never done that in 25 years of lifting...I should be ashamed.

ForemanRules said:
I like that idea....have never done that in 25 years of lifting...I should be ashamed.

I have rarely done this myself, but I think it's a good idea too. I haven't done it in a while, but I'm about to give it a go again.

Seems to me that most people (including myself) get comfortable with benching before they become comfortable with overhead pressing, and thus bench remains their strongest lift. People always want to do their strongest lift first.

kcoleman said:
Seems to me that most people (including myself) get comfortable with benching before they become comfortable with overhead pressing, and thus bench remains their strongest lift. People always want to do their strongest lift first.

Yeah, this is true. This is also totally wrong. One of my favorite quotes goes something like, "train your weak points and you will be strong; train your strong points and you will be weak." I might be paraphrasing, and I forget who to give credit for that, but you get the idea.

On your "Upper Days" I would do a push exercise then a pull then a push then a pull rather than two pushing exercises then two pulling exercises......That's what I'm doing right now. I seems like I'm fresh when it comes to doing my second push/pull exercise since I performed an opposite movement right before.

ForemanRules said:
Upper.1
DB incline Bench 3x12
Seated DB press 3x12
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
skull crushers 3x12
DB curls 3x8

Legs 1
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

off
off

Upper.2
Bench 3x8
Military press 3x8
Med grip pullups 4x12
T-bar rows 4x12
Hammer curls 2x10

Legs.2
Dead lifts 4x10

Off

I dropped the push volume a bit

Plus rotator work on upper day 1...15-20 rep sets

Why don't you move Standing Calf raises from Leg day1 to Leg day2
So that you are doing more than just one exercise? And to just even it out a bit more.

IML Gear Cream!
myCATpowerlifts said:
Why don't you move Standing Calf raises from Leg day1 to Leg day2
So that you are doing more than just one exercise? And to just even it out a bit more.
Good point, I will do that

Upper.1
DB incline Bench 3x10
Seated DB press 4x8
DB rows 4x8
Lat pulls 4x8
skull crushers 3x10
DB curls 3x8

Legs 1
ATG squat 4x10
SLDL 4x10

off
off

Upper.2
Bench 3x12
Military press 4x10
Med grip pullups 4x12
T-bar rows 4x12
Hammer curls 2x10

Legs.2
Dead lifts 4x10
Standing Calfs 4x12

Off

wow 325lbs shoulder press for 8 reps, thats amazing are you superman or something??

mike456 said:
wow 325lbs shoulder press for 8 reps, thats amazing are you superman or something??
I took it from a trol who posted it in his journal...just making fun of him.

FR whatever happened to your last upper-lower split you worked out a few weeks back? I thought at the time it looked good. Just curious as to what went wrong.

Here's my old one if you just want to read over it...

First # = sets
Second # = reps

Upper 1

Overhead Press
Week A: 8x3 @ 5RM - 75sec RI
Week B: 3x12 @ 15RM ??? 30sec RI
Week C: 4x6 @ 8RM ??? 60sec RI

Chinups

DB Flat Press
Week A: 4x10 @ 12RM ??? 45sec RI
Week B: 5x5 @ 7RM ??? 75sec RI
Week C: 5x8 @ 10RM ??? 60sec RI

Dorsi Flexor Machine Rows

Skull Crushers (optional)

Lower 1

Squats

SLDLs

Leg Press

Decline Situps

Upper 2

DB Incline Bench Press

BB Rows

Dips
Week C: 6x3 @ 5RM ??? 60sec RI

Push Presses
Week A: 4x3 @ 4RM ??? 90sec RI
Week B: 5x6 @ 8RM ??? 75sec RI
Week C: 3x1-3 @ 1-4RM ??? 60sec RI

Pulldowns

Lower 2

Deadlifts
Week B: 5x12 @ 15RM ??? 30sec RI

Front Squats

Glute Ham Raises

Hyperextensions

Sean, why are you doing both squats and leg presses on the same day?
Also, 8 sets of 3 reps Wow that's a lot of sets, has this been working for you? :twitch: Are you making good gains with this program?

Bakerboy said:
Sean, why are you doing both squats and leg presses on the same day?
Also, 8 sets of 3 reps Wow that's a lot of sets, has this been working for you? :twitch: Are you making good gains with this program?

I'm not currently using that program, but I made great progress both as far as conditioning, and strength while using that program. The 8 sets of 3 is to emphasize strength... The thing about a program like that is the volume is so varied that your body adapts in many different ways.... Also, why not squat and leg press in the same day?

I'm currently using Westside, and yesterday I did speed deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, and front squats in that order.

Not every program has to be your cookie cutter 3 sets of 4-10 reps.

Back