• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Inflation

GFR

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Inflation, is it a hidden tax ??? Is Inflation good or bad??

topolo said:
I have a large amount of inflation in my pants.

end of thread.

DOMS said:
Reasonable inflation is a normal part of a healthy economy.

SuperFlex said:
He didn't ask if a certain level of inflation was good, he asked if inflation in general was good. I qualified it with 'reasonable'.

Oh, and stop posting in morse code, I had to find an online morse code decoder. It came back with, "My boyfriend doesn't use KY." :hmmm:

DOMS said:
He didn't ask if a certain level of inflation was good, he asked if inflation in general was good. I qualified it with 'reasonable'.

Oh, and stop posting in morse code, I had to find an online morse code decoder. It came back with, "My boyfriend doesn't use KY." :hmmm:

True story... How'd you know about that:confused:

Btw, I just agreed with you...

you cannot discuss inflation with out discussing interest rates. The Nominal Rate is a static rate that is not adjusted for inflation. The real interest rate is a rate that is adjusted for expected changes in the price level (Inflation).

The fisher equition states that the nominal rate i equals the real rate ir, plus the expected rate of inflation. Example: a 1 year simple loan with a 5% rate and you expect inflation to be 3%. In this case I=5% and inflation = 3%. Therefore the real equals 5% - 3% = 2%

Inflation

A general rise in the price level From too much money chasing too few goods Often expressed in CPI

Need to include risk
Real rate of 3% plus expected inflation of 4% plus risk factor of 2% requires a return of 9%.

Revised Fisher

Nominal Rate = Real Rate
+ Expected Inflation
+ Risk
+Inflation Risk

Effects/Importance of Inflation

Inflation distorts incentives and redistributes wealth. If you expect inflation to increase unexpectedly, would you rather be a lender or borrower?

Savers tend to hedge inflation, Flight to gold and fixed assets. As a result, in periods of high inflation money flows out of the securities market into gold, real estate and the like

as DOMS said reasonable inflation is OK, but when it gets aggressive and out of control it strips the economy of the wealth thats being created. investors pull out of the stock echange and enter into commodities which destroys wealth, people become unsure of the future and blah blah im done!

topolo said:
I have a large amount of inflation in my pants.

True Story, the picture in your avatar looks exactly like some douche bag.

BigDyl said:
True Story, the picture in your avatar looks exactly like some douche bag.

It is a picture of the biggest douchebag. If I had a dog that looked lke that I would shave his butt and make him walk backwards.

myCATpowerlifts said:
You might want to get that checked out.
Dale is checking it out right now.

Back