• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Dips & Pullups

Josh

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all,

I always have difficulty to do dips and pullups, both are exercises using my own bodyweight. I know that I can do assisted dips and pullups, but this requires special machines which I don't find in my gym. Can anyone suggest ways to improve my ability in these exercises? Thx. -- Josh

HMMM! You could try bench dips for a while and add weight to your lap. You could use the pulldown machine, or if you have a partner he or she could help ya up.

Prince, do you have fooked shoulders?

Josh, i recall a method for pullups i was told when i first started out. You basically do 50 reps in as many attempts as it takes. It may take a lot of sets, but so be it. Keep note of how many you can do first time round and try to better it. Once you can do 12 reps of your own bodyweight, you can forget about the 50 reps and start adding weight and doing 2-3 sets.

If you start out and you only get a few reps, then maybe you should do your work sets on the pulldown (pull to the front and keep your lower back static and out of the motion - unlike most "cheaters" in the gym) and once you've done your work sets, give a few pullups a try.

In fact, have you tried supsinated curl grip chins? (shoulder width underhand grip that is.)

Chicken Daddy, thanks alot for your suggestions. As far as I've tried overhand wide pullups, I could only do max 1 rep each time. Even that 1 rep I was sure it was not done in perfect form and in 100% full movement. I guess I have to work more on my pulldown first before attempting pullups more successfully, as you suggested. But is underhand shoulder-width pullups easier/lighter than overhand ones, so that it can help me doing pullups? -- Josh

you'll prolly find them easier. They put the biceps in their strongest position, so they don;t give out before your lats have been sufficiently stimulated.

Give them a go.

That 50 rep thing you are taking about Chicken I first read about in Arnold's book...he used that technique when he was first starting out working his back. Obviously it works pretty well.

If you are having trouble doing any of them at all that 50 rep technique may be overdoing it. You could be stuck doing chins or pull ups for a half hour or more until you hit fifty. I'd start at 25 or 30 and work your way up to 50 as you get stronger.

Back