• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ronald Reagan love thread

GFR

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ronald Reagan is the only president in my lifetime I actually liked and respected. I'm not saying he was the best one or did a good job, I just thought he was one cool cat in the oval office

reagan-thumb.jpg

Hey, wait a minute...don't eat those man.

He did end communism and his Reaganomics helped economic growth of 3.2% average

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm not going to flame this thread.

True Story, he single handidly ended communism, although it was destined to fail at around the same time period anyways. :thumb:

BigDyl said:
True Story, he single handidly ended communism, although it was destined to fail at around the same time period anyways. :thumb:

Incorrect. It wasn't destined to fail. Reagan pitted the US' economic existence against that of the USSR. They lost.

DOMS said:
Incorrect. It wasn't destined to fail. Reagan pitted the US' economic existence against that of the USSR. They lost.

giant_rolleyes.gif

IML Gear Cream!
I concur foreman....are you in danger of becoming a conservative....or are you being incredibly sarcastic:confused:

It doesnt matter if your a democrat or republican he is the best president since Eisenhower or Truman

To the best of my recollection ... I do not recall the guy. I do respect the way Ollie North took his lumps and kept his mouth shut to protect the guy though.

bigss75 said:
I enjoy this thread throughlly.
bigss75 said:
Its also said that a decent band would open their mouths about their political views. I just can't stand singers and actors run their mouth about their political stances.
:suicide:

The Reagan Years aka The Generation of Swine.

I don't know about liking him because he was a "cool cat," but I liked a lot of his policies.

"The government tends not to solve problems, only rearrange them." - RR

maniclion said:
The Reagan Years aka The Generation of Swine.

Big difference between people like Reagan and Schwarzenegger; and your liberal idols like Dixie Chicks, Clooney, and Green Day is they are actual elected officials . The most Clooney has ever done is open his mouth and throw money at the situation.

he (clooney) has done more than that. He perfomed a charity expedition in SUdan...and then made a documentary about it.

Reagan could field questions from critics, unlike the current WH occupant. His economic policies were disastrous--trickle down horseshit. His domestic policy was damaging--deregulation of any industry he could--our children will still be paying for the S&L scandal which his deregulation wrought; remember the EPA and HUD scandals. His foreign policies weren't much better--invading grenada or iran contra.

Would someone please explain to me how Reagan won the cold war?

Russia still has 1000s of ICBMs pointed at the US today. What did he win?

Other than that, he was a fine president.

Decker said:
Reagan could field questions from critics, unlike the current WH occupant. His economic policies were disastrous--trickle down horseshit. His domestic policy was damaging--deregulation of any industry he could--our children will still be paying for the S&L scandal which his deregulation wrought; remember the EPA and HUD scandals. His foreign policies weren't much better--invading grenada or iran contra.

Would someone please explain to me how Reagan won the cold war?

Russia still has 1000s of ICBMs pointed at the US today. What did he win?

Other than that, he was a fine president.

True Story

bigss75 said:
He did end communism and his Reaganomics helped economic growth of 3.2% average

I think he accelerated the demise of communism.

The Star Wars program was a complete hoax but the Soviets fell for it.

Also, the increase in military spending outdid the Soviets. The USSR was spending so much on military that it was hurting their economy, which already was indept, and doomed to fail.

Mr_Snafu said:
I think he accelerated the demise of communism.

The Star Wars program was a complete hoax but the Soviets fell for it.

Also, the increase in military spending outdid the Soviets. The USSR was spending so much on military that it was hurting their economy, which already was indept, and doomed to fail.
I think Russia just surrendered its dreams of empire--it was not realistic. The fall was the culmination of legal reforms, internal decay corruption and decades of US cold war policy. It is an overstatement to attribute even the acceleration of the fall of the Soviet Union to Reagan's out of control defense spending. Reagan was doing what all of his predecessors back to Truman did--standard US cold war policy (confrontation v. conciliation as a matter of policy in dealing w/ the Soviets is just a semantic difference to me). He played the roll more fiercely though as an anti-communist president but the seeds of the Soviets demise were sewn years earlier.

Reagan was right to confront the Soviets b/c the regime was overtly oppressive.

Mikhail Gorbachev said that the Russias democratic move was a "gift" to the US and we should consider outselves lucky.

Back