• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Too many sets

GoLdeN M 07

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If i military press 4 or 5 sets of 9 reps, will my muscles be affected in any bad way because the sets might be a little high? I look at alot of peoples routines and they usually do 3 sets in their workouts.

I only do 2 and Im fine.

:)

It depends on the entire workout....what else do you do that hits that muscle?

I do 4 sets of military press and then 3-4 more of another deltoid movement, also bench and incline hit the delts so if you do chest first then delts you have to watch the # of total sets

Ive done the presses for 4 sets for a little while, but yesterday i took it down to 3 sets because i was blowing out my shoulders too much before my other exercises, and that hindered the rest of the routine.

If you can get through your workout keeping good form with 4 sets, i see no reason not to do 4 sets of them. If you have problems with over-exhausting them like i did, drop it down to 3.

he only does 1 exercise a day, look at his sig.

mike456 said:
he only does 1 exercise a day, look at his sig.
That is not a good program

I sometimes do 4-5 sets of an exercise. It really depends on the rest of your program.

CowPimp said:
I sometimes do 4-5 sets of an exercise. It really depends on the rest of your program.

and it depends on the intensity being used. are those 4-5 sets to failure? Are those sets 1-2 reps shy of faillure as a way to try and increase muscular tension over a greater amount of time (4-5 sets), etc.....Lots of variables to consider.

Back