• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Overeating..still no gains...WTF?

ATFCanine

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I eat and eat and eat...drink weight gainers...so I get plenty of calories and protein and even fat. I eat everything, not picky, love all kinds of food. I drink my weight gainer 2ce daily, so that by itself is lil over 1000 calories. I still have a hard time gaining weight. I'm 22 190lbs 5'10". I work out almost daily, or every other day. What can I do? I think i shit too often, 2-3 times a day, every day!! I want to gain size, not really into the whole cutting yet, want to get bigger upper body first, and then we'll see about cutting. Thanks in advance

ATFCanine said:
Ok, I eat and eat and eat...drink weight gainers...so I get plenty of calories and protein and even fat. I eat everything, not picky, love all kinds of food. I drink my weight gainer 2ce daily, so that by itself is lil over 1000 calories. I still have a hard time gaining weight. I'm 22 190lbs 5'10". I work out almost daily, or every other day. What can I do? I think i shit too often, 2-3 times a day, every day!! I want to gain size, not really into the whole cutting yet, want to get bigger upper body first, and then we'll see about cutting. Thanks in advance

Try working out 3-4 times a week. Cut the sets back a little (like down to 8-12 sets... one or two are really heavy though). Make more intensive lifts. Make each one count.

Before and PWO... think/concentrate about 'using' your food for rebuilding your body. Before bed too. You'd be amazed at what that can do for you.

And quit trying to rush it dude. Enjoy the process... chances are, if you enjoy the lifting, you're going to be doing it for a long time anyway. You're going to get where you want to be.

I'm not huge by ANY stretch of the imagination LMAO... But I used to be REALLY skinny. In the past I've eaten up to 5,000Kcals a day.... I've never really broken a REALLY bloated 195ish. Now I am only eating ~2,000Kcals and making gains. I swear it is ALL about what you are thinking.

Last edited:
your not going to get huge from shakes...with your size you should be getting in about 4000cal IMO. You should try to get ALL of that with food and not powder. Its much more effective.

Your weight gainer shakes are "supplements"....use it as a supplement and not a primary means of cal intake.

lnvanry said:
Your weight gainer shakes are "supplements"....use it as a supplement and not a primary means of cal intake.

They are still a means of Calories though. And it all DOES come down to calories in/ Calories out. What needs to be done is to find out what the 'calories out' are expending energy for.

lnvanry said:
your not going to get huge from shakes...with your size you should be getting in about 4000cal IMO. You should try to get ALL of that with food and not powder. Its much more effective.

You know, i've never thought about it that way. I always thought you can use it as a replacement and still be ok. I'll have to try and get in like 6 real meals a day and still take those gainers on top of it. Makes sense. Thanks man, good advice!!

Luke95 said:
They are still a means of Calories though. And it all DOES come down to calories in/ Calories out. What needs to be done is to find out what the 'calories out' are expending energy for.

sitting down and consuming a 1000cal shake is not going to be fully absorbed...besides many of those weight gainer shakes and FULL of sugar. Read the label.

lnvanry said:
sitting down and consuming a 1000cal shake is not going to be fully absorbed...besides many of those weight gainer shakes and FULL of sugar. Read the label.

Agreed. Most are nothing more than whey and dextrose/malto. And those sugars are probaby broken down way before they even make it to your gut.

Are you suggestioning that I can sit here and eat 6 krispy cremes and not worry because it won't be absorbed?

I copied an pasted this for bb.com for refrence. I an by NO means condoning these silly things. But they will be absorbed, for the most part.

My beef is notice that there is no vitamin, digestive enzymes or minerals added to aide in the digestion of these things.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/iso.html said:
Calories 590
Total Fat 5g 5%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Potassium 410mg 12%
Total Carbohydrates 78g 26%
Fiber 0g
Sugars 38g
Protein 58g 116%

ATFCanine said:

I noticed a big thing right off the bat. You say you train every day, or every other day - working out with weights daily is not a good idea if you are trying to put on some muscle, you're probably overtraining. Your body needs time to rest. Ok, so along with likely overtraining, you don't have a strict training routine set up. You work out every day, every other day - which one is it? You have to have a solid program set up IMO. Your next stop should be posting your routine in the training section.

I agree with Ivanry, try to eat as much "real" food as possible. Supplements can be very beneficial though. I hate to repeat it, but supplements are just supplements, they supplement a good diet and training regimen. ;)

fufu said:
I noticed a big thing right off the bat. You say you train every day, or every other day - working out with weights daily is not a good idea if you are trying to put on some muscle, you're probably overtraining. Your body needs time to rest. Ok, so along with likely overtraining, you don't have a strict training routine set up. You work out every day, every other day - which one is it? You have to have a solid program set up IMO. Your next stop should be posting your routine in the training section.

I agree with Ivanry, try to eat as much "real" food as possible. Supplements can be very beneficial though. I hate to repeat it, but supplements are just supplements, they supplement a good diet and training regimen. ;)

I dont really have a set workout plan. My friend and i start one, but it never carries through. We do end up working out like 4-5 times a week, however, it is not carefully planned out. Nothing too serious. Its usually like back bi's, chest tri's, shoulders traps, and sometimes we may throw our legs in there. I'll have to get serious about this, we'll see if that helps. Thanks!!

Its usually like back bi's, chest tri's, shoulders traps, and sometimes we may throw our legs in there.

It's the typical "vanity workout". If you want to induce growth, you have to train legs. No one likes to because it's hard, but training legs is going to stimulate more growth than pretty much any other workout. Read up on the stickies in the training section, then give Cow Pimp's workout or PFunk's workout a try.
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=60738
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=60741

This is CP's workout http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=58699. Try it for a while. You will make some great gains giving this one a serious go, so long as you progressively increase the weight throughout the cycle:
Bodybuilder ??? Undulating Periodization

Monday ??? Upper:

Overhead Press
Week A: 8x3 @ 5RM - 75sec RI
Week B: 3x12 @ 15RM ??? 30sec RI
Week C: 4x6 @ 8RM ??? 60sec RI

Chinups

DB Decline Press
Week A: 4x10 @ 12RM ??? 45sec RI
Week B: 5x5 @ 7RM ??? 75sec RI
Week C: 5x8 @ 10RM ??? 60sec RI

Seated Cable Rows

Wednesday ??? Lower:

Squats

SLDLs

Lunges

Situps

Friday ??? Upper

Bench Press

Yates' Rows

Dips

Pulldowns

Sunday ??? Lower:

Deadlifts

Split Squats

Glute Ham Raises

Hyperextensions

IML Gear Cream!
ATFCanine said:
I dont really have a set workout plan. My friend and i start one, but it never carries through. We do end up working out like 4-5 times a week, however, it is not carefully planned out. Nothing too serious. Its usually like back bi's, chest tri's, shoulders traps, and sometimes we may throw our legs in there. I'll have to get serious about this, we'll see if that helps. Thanks!!

Yes you have to get serious, and yes, you have to train legs. Hit those legs, and hit them hard! You'll see results once you get your routine straightened out.

No one ever seems to comprehend the benefits that working legs gives you. Hardgainers always complain about lifting regularly, eating large amounts of food and not seeing any improvements, but a large majority of them never work legs.

ATFCanine listen to all the regulars on here about training. Especially working your entire body, yes that means LEGS too. Your legs are the biggest muscle group in your body and by training them, you receive a surge of testosterone and growth hormone which in turn is generated through your body. These hormones help build the muscle that you and everyone else covets.

Not training legs is like getting into a canoe without a paddle. Sure, you will head downstream eventually, but it might take you a long time. By using a paddle, you will get to where you are heading much faster.

cg18862 said:
No one ever seems to comprehend the benefits that working legs gives you. Hardgainers always complain about lifting regularly, eating large amounts of food and not seeing any improvements, but a large majority of them never work legs.

ATFCanine listen to all the regulars on here about training. Especially working your entire body, yes that means LEGS too. Your legs are the biggest muscle group in your body and by training them, you receive a surge of testosterone and growth hormone which in turn is generated through your body. These hormones help build the muscle that you and everyone else covets.

Not training legs is like getting into a canoe without a paddle. Sure, you will head downstream eventually, but it might take you a long time. By using a paddle, you will get to where you are heading much faster.

Good metaphor. You also might hit a big rock down the river and not be able to push yourself off. ;)

lol yeah i'll have to hit the legs. Its sad, for the longest time, I could bench more than I can squat. I've been working on my legs lately, so they've cought up very quicklyl. I've heard that doing your sit ups is also good, creates a strong center core so you can lift more on other things too. Well thanks, i'll have to try out those workouts and hopefully i'll be able to stick with it. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Back