• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Swat

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
SWAT is currently part of the United States police. I've always been sketchy on the facts of who they were affiliated with, but I didn't think they were part of the police force. I thought it started out as a party of vigalantes or something.

SWAT spikes my interest, I think it is really cool. I've never known anyone who's on SWAT though, or known anyone who knew anyone on SWAT for that matter. How come we never hear about them on the news? Is it a covert issue? I wonder how much these guys get payed and what exactly they do for training and such.

Most of them are just normal cops with special training. In my hometown all the cops who worked the schools were all on the swat team. Id imagine you would get paid more

bigss75 said:
Most of them are just normal cops with special training. In my hometown all the cops who worked the schools were all on the swat team. Id imagine you would get paid more

Awww, I thought you had to be 1337 x209 to be on SWAT.

bigss75 said:
I dont speak computer talk

boo beep beep whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr click click hummmmmmmmmm beep beep

Ok, what I meant was: I thought you had to be very skilled to be on SWAT.

fufu said:
boo beep beep whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr click click hummmmmmmmmm beep beep
Ok, what I meant was: I thought you had to be very skilled to be on SWAT.

You have to be skilled, but I imagine in the big cities their swat time is probably full time and are extreme bamfs.

bigss75 said:
I dont speak computer talk

1 s33 w3 h4v3 4n un133+ n00bz0r

fufu said:
SWAT is currently part of the United States police. I've always been sketchy on the facts of who they were affiliated with, but I didn't think they were part of the police force. I thought it started out as a party of vigalantes or something.

SWAT spikes my interest, I think it is really cool. I've never known anyone who's on SWAT though, or known anyone who knew anyone on SWAT for that matter. How come we never hear about them on the news? Is it a covert issue? I wonder how much these guys get payed and what exactly they do for training and such.
They are police officers who wish they had joined the Navy Seals or Green Berets, but ended up in the PD so they become like Tackleberry from Police Academy and end up joining the SWAT team. Large cities have guys specifically assigned, small police forces have regular cops who when needed can switch over to SWAT mode.

Green Berets are bad ass. Are they part of the Army?

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

IML Gear Cream!
SWAT TEAMS ARE 100% GHEY!

They think they train like SPECOP groups but thats a laugh!

They usually have good equipment and a decent amount of knowledge...

But they are still just cops

I repeat... Only Cops!

in other words, if they had to go against real military operators...

Well... Ever see the movie "First Blood"?

Thats totally realistic IMO

maniclion said:
They are police officers who wish they had joined the Navy Seals or Green Berets, but ended up in the PD so they become like Tackleberry from Police Academy and end up joining the SWAT team. Large cities have guys specifically assigned, small police forces have regular cops who when needed can switch over to SWAT mode.
Wrong........................SWAT teams are special teams that are trained to deal with high risk situations (Warrants,Hostages, robberies). Their job is to gain control of a situation and minimize risk of death or injury to any person. You have many special units now. Bomb squads(which many are retired military experts),Highway interdiction, Domestic Violence, Helicopter units and such. Usually it is persons with many years experience on swat teams. These teams put in many hours of training over regular hours each month to stay up to date. It is not a peice of cake job, and not just anyone can join to be in it.

Collin Farrell was a SWAT team member. :shrug:

So do they really rappel down sky scrapers or what. :shrug:

My wife's uncle was on the SWAT team in Carrollton, TX (suburb of Dallas). We went down there our senior year and he was on call the entire week. No matter what time, or what he was doing, he always had his pager on him if there was a call. He worked as a detective on the department fulltime, and then SWAT whenever called upon.
He also actually won Mr. Dallas Ft. Worth sometime in the early 90's as well. He was a badass..

I know many SWAT officers and they have to meet a certain criteria in order to qualify. I imagine that criteria is different for each city or town based on the level of the applicants involved. Here in the big city it's very difficult to pass the physical test. Those who qualify here are usually in incredible shape.

SPECOP & SWAT are two different animals.

dg806 said:
Wrong........................SWAT teams are special teams that are trained to deal with high risk situations (Warrants,Hostages, robberies). Their job is to gain control of a situation and minimize risk of death or injury to any person. (SHOULDN'T THAT BE ALL POLICE OFFICERS JOBS?)You have many special units now. Bomb squads(which many are retired military experts),Highway interdiction, Domestic Violence, Helicopter units and such. Usually it is persons with many years experience on swat teams. (OR PEOPLE WITH ISSUES LIKE OFFICER BOSCORELLI FROM THIRD WATCH)These teams put in many hours of training over regular hours each month to stay up to date. It is not a peice of cake job, and not just anyone can join to be in it.
Yeah but they aren't ninjas.:laugh:

IML Gear Cream!
Seanp156 said:
i7'$ 0|\|Ly I33(4|_|$3 y0|_| 4|23 o|_|+ 0f 7|-|3 L00|D
|=|_|><0|2[) +|-|3 |\|3\X/|}13 1$

Seanp156 said:
I'm ashamed to admit I'm having a little trouble deciphering that one...

Fuxord the newdb is????
Fuxord the newbie is

Whats my sig say?:laugh:

Seanp156 said:
1'|| |-|@\/3 +|-|3 |20@$+ [)|_|(|< \X/1+|-| +|-|3 |\/|@|\|60 $@|$@.

I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa?
geico-cavemen.jpg
I don't have much of an appetite, thank you.

:rofl:

Back