• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

To Eat or Not To Eat....Fruit?

iwantmuscle2

iwantmuscle2
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
O.k., this may be a nutty question, BUT...I have noticed in a lot of muscle mags and pics it might display a bodybuilder or 2 eating a meal. I see protein, carbs, and veggies. However, it is rare that I see a piece of fresh fruit on their plate. I am wanting to eat right to start gaining a little muscle and losing fat. So, should I cut the fruit out? My other question is...if I want to lose fat/gain muscle AND weight train for strength as well, what do I need to do as far as working out. Does it have to be one or the other?

Shannon:confused:

to eat!

Fruit contains good 'wet', bulky carbs as well as important phtytonutrients as well as things like fibre... Eat at least 3 or 4 serves a day.

If you watch pumping iron, Lou Ferrigno eats one if not two satsumas. and if I am not mistaken Arnie eats whole eggs.

Eat your damn fruits

And no, you dont have to remove fruits to get to a incredibly low fat percentage.

On the contrary, keeping your liver glycogen full will keep you in the fed state, making you less catabolic to an already catabolic calories restricted diet.

If you are consistent, it really shouldnt matter. Don't use it as an exclusive carb source however. 2-3 pieces of a fruit(a medium-large apple/orange, 2 kiwis is a 'piece') is ABSOLUTELY FINE.

Fruits are a carb. I think 2 servings of fruit a day plus 3-4 servings of veggies ED is best.

If I had to guess I'd say bodybuilders don't eat much fruits cuz they've already stuffed themselves with all that protien and carbs and veggies there's not much room for anything else.

Green veggies also has fiber and some vitamins it in. But fruits has more. Fruits also have living enzymes and all that good stuff. Make sure you get it organic though.

I usually have protein/carbs/veggies/fruit & efas with every meal, is that over doin it a bit?

i think no problem with it if you are bulking..... u could drop some veggies and replace it with calorie dense food if u want to raise your calories ...

if you are cutting u won't need fruits in every meal .. i'd suggest that u eat efas on every meal except post workout....wich must be fast absorbing carbs + protein .....protein must be on every meal.....carbs on all meals except prebed........and only fibrous and complex carbs after 6 pm....... eery thing will depend on your status / goals / program ....

Back