• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Biceps are never sore.

artylives76

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm following this workout:

Day 1-upper
day 2- lower
day 3-off
day 4- upper
day 5- lower
day 6- off
day 7- off

Upper
Pushups: 3x10-15
BB Bent-over rows: 3x10-15
Overhead Press: 3x10-15
BB Bicep Curls 3x10-15
Tricep extensions (my own variation, also works chest) 3x10-15

Lower
ATG Squats 3x10-15
Stiff-legged deadlifts 4x10-15
DB lunges 3x10-15
Good mornings 3x10-15

So far, this routine has been working, but my biceps are never sore, yet my triceps and chest always are. I am getting enough protein and I believe I am eating enough as well. I lift the 3 sets and usually can not finish the last set fully. I don't have a gym near by and I'm exercising at home. So I can't do preacher/spider curls - when I did them in high school I felt the burn the next day.

Also, is that workout plan good?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is not an indication of whether or not you are consistently improving. You need to measure your results by progression.

Also, i'd ditch the isolation work. You need to add some rowing movements and some more pull exercises such as deadlifts. Work on fixing your upper body workout plan, lower body looks decent.

Upper 1:
Chesy Dips/Weighted Pushups 3x6-8
BB Yates Row 3x6-8
DB Military 3x6-8
Wide Pull-ups 3x6-8
Tricep Extensions 3x6-8

Upper 2:
Chest Dips/Weighted Push-up 3x6-8
BB Row 3x6-8
BB Military 3x6-8
Close Grip Pull-ups 3x6-8
BB Curls 3x6-8

Lower
ATG Squats 3x10-15
Stiff-legged deadlifts 4x10-15
DB lunges 3x10-15
Good mornings 3x10-15

I was the one that helped you make that routine, i is time to lower the reps(the 10-15 was only to allow tendon strength to build up, now I would stay into a 6-12 rep range for size), You need to add pull-ups, and if I can remember correctly you dont have a bench, and are only working with bar/dumbbells, that is fine as long as you have enough resistance for an upper horizontal push (such as push-ups), If push-ups are getting to easy try them weighted or do chest dips (lean over to make the dips a horizontal movement). As for your biceps being sore it doesn't matter if they are sore or not, mines were never sore but I can curl alot more than when I started. As long as your progressing in size/strength you are good. If you are not progressing with size/strength on your bis lighten the weight and practice on your form. Some guidelines are keep your elbows stuck to your side, bring the weight down slowly and controlled, and keep your back straight. GL.

Don't worry about your biceps getting sore. Are they growing and getting stronger?

Thank you. I try to do pullups first thing on my upper body workout days, but they are hard lol. I can do about 3 at a time, it's pathetic. But, yeah my biceps do seem to have gotten stronger, and people at work have been telling me my arms are getting bigger.

Thanks for the new workout, I'm excited to try it.

Also, is it ok to skip out on the lunges? After my ATG squats my legs are killing me and I can barely do my deadlifts.

artylives76 said:
Also, is it ok to skip out on the lunges? After my ATG squats my legs are killing me and I can barely do my deadlifts.

If anything I would skip out on the good mornings and leave the lunges, or alternate between those two as a finisher for the day every other session. You don't have to lunge, but I really like unilateral exercises for the lower body especially.

artylives76 said:
But, yeah my biceps do seem to have gotten stronger, and people at work have been telling me my arms are getting bigger.

Then don't worry about it. Whatever you are doing is working, regardless as to whether or not you are getting sore. Results are what count, not soreness (Though I understand that soreness is kind of nice).

Back