• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Starting out overweight?

ge3k0

bend over to the front...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What are some tips / goals for people starting out a bit overweight? like 20 lbs or so?

any advice would help, I guess I'm running into this question alot....thanks guys!

I'd just say lift 3 times a week, and do cardio 3 times a week for about 20 minutes a crack... Of course, changing the diet is going to be the biggest factor, but once that's in check, the lifting and cardio should take care of things after a few months for a beginner. That's all provided they can stick to everything.

For a beginner, I'd recommend a simple push/pull/leg split for a 3 day a week split.

I am @ the gym for 4 hours, ... I do cardio like 3 times out of the week and the other times I try to lift for like 2 hours and then hit the cardio for the last 2....

should I be @ the gym longer? I have alot of time on my hands for awhile and think it would be good, or spending so much time @ the gym is bad? :(

The diet I have right now is just ruffly simple, oranges bannana's, multi-vitamins, ....f*** i hate going into detail about what I eat, because that **** takes long...

ok...

morning's are simple,

ceral, fruit, multi, fat-burner.
or it's

7 eggs (w/o whites) and some cheese ...bad? + the reg. multi and fat burner.

after-noon's are, lame I need something to eat--I'll try to add flaxseed or something here...because I usually skip this part of the meal.

sandwhich - meat - bread (wheat) and mayo + cheese.
more fruit, orange x 2 ; maybe some juice like o.j. or apple juice.

dinner rocks, I usually get down with my protein side of me and

steak, - top sirlion, rib eye...some oz, not to big though w/ a patato or some rice and veggies. mmm

or i'd have like a chicken sandwhich or something.

not to mention the post workout meal (4 scoops ...that's like 80 grams of protein) + milk (2% milk)...and ice + banna's ...goood ish...

and that seem's to be about it....

any help on this?

I am going to add Omega-3 fatty acids + flaxseed in about a week when I get paid ...

I need to get trim, I got overweight within like a year and it crept up on me...lame so any help on trying to keep what I got (which is not very good) to getting where I want to go...which is like 175, I weigh like 190.

:(

watch...I'll post my progess and that will kick ass...

thanks guys for all your help!!

btw. i'm thinking I should just lose all that extra weight...and then try to cut from there and work on bulking?

thnks!

Spending 4 hours at the gym is ridiculous. The MAX you should ever spend is two hours with lifting, cardio and stretching afterwards. Even that's a pretty damn long workout, and you should strive to keep things around an hour to 1.5 hours.

Also, you want to space out your meals and eat ~6 times a day.

Read the training and diet & nutrition stickies.

yah id go directly to the diet forums and get some help from them cause your diet may seem good but it really isnt

Start out lifting 2-3 days a week and supplementing that with another 1-2 days of cardio. I think 2 and 2 is a great place to start for weight loss. You can increase that as you work capacity improves. It also allows for a level of progression without actually increasing the intensity or volume of the individual workouts at all.

I try to get both in at the same time. @ balley's they have like alot of cardio machines so it's easy to blow like 2-3 hours there fast.

So what I tend to do is lift for like 2 hours or for like 1.5 hours and then go for the cardo for the rest of the time I spend there.

and that usually helps me out, added that there are TONS of very hott girls my age there so i don't mind the extra hour(s) of cardio watching some girl walk on the escalator machine with me. it's freaking outragous how many girls go there. and they have alot of machines in the weight lifting place. like 3 decline bench, 3 flat bench, 3 + incline bench smith machines, and like all these other machines + more and it's really great working out there. so 3-4 hours is a good time, also I want to see results so I dont mind spending the extra time there.

4507951806060_l.jpg
FatCatMC said:
First of all, what are your goals?

literally ?

http://imageigloo.com/images/4507951806060_l.jpg

I so have the physique, and that is what I want in the end. it's a long goal but I still can make it in like a couple hundred years.

ahha,

IML Gear Cream!
ge3k0 said:
I try to get both in at the same time. @ balley's they have like alot of cardio machines so it's easy to blow like 2-3 hours there fast.

So what I tend to do is lift for like 2 hours or for like 1.5 hours and then go for the cardo for the rest of the time I spend there.

and that usually helps me out, added that there are TONS of very hott girls my age there so i don't mind the extra hour(s) of cardio watching some girl walk on the escalator machine with me. it's freaking outragous how many girls go there. and they have alot of machines in the weight lifting place. like 3 decline bench, 3 flat bench, 3 + incline bench smith machines, and like all these other machines + more and it's really great working out there. so 3-4 hours is a good time, also I want to see results so I dont mind spending the extra time there.

You are spending too much time in the gym. That is counter-productive. The lifting portion of my workout is usually between 50-70 minutes. I might warmup for 10 minutes and stretch for another 20 minutes after I slam down my PWO shake. Max time I'm in the gym is usually about 90 minutes, only 60 of which am I actually busting my ass.

AKIRA said:
Holy fucking shit, this has to be a mistake.

yeah, I meant without the yellow part.

:confused:

Back