• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

baby oil and tanning

littlebit

littlebit
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I started indoor tanning in a bed, and I noticed that my top half tans faster then my legs. I got some advice to try using baby oil on my legs only. I've been tanning only once since then and it seems to be working. My question is can I use baby oil to tan with over my entire body. I got the kind of baby oil that's in lotion form, it's not all greasy. It went on so nice and soaked right in. I didn't burn at all. I've been checking on some other web sites and they say tanning with baby oil is a no-no. Is it because the greasy stuff makes you fry to a crisp or is there some other reason?? I heard some ladies just tan with coco butter lotion. I looked, baby oil and coco butter lotion have the first two same ingreients, water and mineral oil. I also checked my tanning lotions, neither one of them have any sunscreen in them either, so that can't be the issue, can it?? Need some more advice please....

OMG, no, don't use baby oil in there. That's like dipping your body in a frialator. :eek:

Get some approved tanning lotion. They do not have sunscreens in then as that would be pointless in a tanning bed. They do have the skin so you won't come out looking like a boiled maine lobster.

it's not all that greasy clear crap though, it looks like regular lotion, not greasy at all ????

OUCH... GEESH take my advice, my sister is the proof. Baby oil = fried chicken. Why not just grease yourself up with lard? Are you kidding? My sister used butter once the dumbass. Go ahead, fry yourself up. I will give you the number for good Oncologist when you come down with the results of using oil like that on your skin.

use baby oil if you want to look like the "kool aid man". Try flipping around in the bed it might work some times bulbs are weaker in different areas

you have to be dark to use it.

Sounds dangerous.

littlebit said:
I started indoor tanning in a bed, and I noticed that my top half tans faster then my legs. I got some advice to try using baby oil on my legs only. I've been tanning only once since then and it seems to be working. My question is can I use baby oil to tan with over my entire body. I got the kind of baby oil that's in lotion form, it's not all greasy. It went on so nice and soaked right in. I didn't burn at all. I've been checking on some other web sites and they say tanning with baby oil is a no-no. Is it because the greasy stuff makes you fry to a crisp or is there some other reason?? I heard some ladies just tan with coco butter lotion. I looked, baby oil and coco butter lotion have the first two same ingreients, water and mineral oil. I also checked my tanning lotions, neither one of them have any sunscreen in them either, so that can't be the issue, can it?? Need some more advice please....
When tanning I make sure that I am already dark. I work up to 12 minutes in a tanning booth and then I would use baby oil for a short time such a 5 minutes. Depending on how dark my skin color is pre tan.

If I use baby oil to tan I apply and go out for maybe 2-5 min ( in the Texas sun ), and no longer. It cooks you hardcore man.

It's fine...

I just got out of the sun a few hours ago and I used baby oil for my tan. I'm not really dark and I stayed out for more than an hour. I have not yet burned but look tanner than I was before. I say that baby oil works not matter what. I love using it and will keep using it. :clapping:

IML Gear Cream!
You really shouldn't be intentionally tanning at all anyway. It really ages your skin. I live in AZ and you can tell all the local leathery skinned chicks that tanned when they were in their 20s and now are around 40 but have skin that looks worse than most 60 year olds I've seen in colder climates.

Tanning is not your friend

donatella-versace-bikini-1.jpg

pamelaanderson-photos-042908-02-thumb.jpg

there use to be a pill called ( spelling) trisiloren it got you tanned as hell. i know they still sell it in mexico, but i dont know the id name for it? anybody? it got taken off the american market but it worked great. it was by rx only. ill keep looking for it until then maybe an older bber would no? thnx

there use to be a pill called ( spelling) trisiloren it got you tanned as hell. i know they still sell it in mexico, but i dont know the id name for it? anybody? it got taken off the american market but it worked great. it was by rx only. ill keep looking for it until then maybe an older bber would no? thnx

Never heard of that but melanotan II is an injectible people use to get dark. It has some sides like I guess it gives guys hardons and too much can make you feel sick. It will cause any freckles you have to become much darker so you might end up looking a bit spotty.

LOL this is an old thread...

I started using coconut oil to bathe with a few months back. I dont tan, intentionally or otherwise, since as a pasty irish dude, a tan really isnt my thing.

Since using the coconut oil I actually have a nice tan. Well for me anyway. This is without doing any tanning whatsoever.

Could just it be that the bed or booth you're using has you placed in such a way that your legs are further away from the source? If you're standing in a booth or lying in a bed I would imagine that your legs would be further away from the bulbs than your upper body. Also, some of these bulbs burn out faster than others or don't distribute force evenly if they're cheap. If you're commited to the same tanning bed/booth try changing it up and see if it helps. I would not use oil to speed up a tan.

Please don't mention to the owners or those that work at the shop that you are using baby oil. I was told that is a no no, but if you would like to continue to use tanning products, try Luminary, or Black. These are the top ranking tanning products for indoor beds, but the ULtimate Bronzer bed is the top of the line and it is all UVA bulbs. If you are not a swimmer or such, then Mystic tanning (spray) might be given.

I was told to move around, such as your head where your feet are and feet where you head usually goes.

Good luck!

Baby oil can moisturizes the skin, giving it a smooth and shiny appearance that is appealing to many people. And can be essential in preventing dryness of the skin. Tanners consider it a benefit that baby oil speeds up the tanning process, giving a deeper tan in less time. The truth about this is that applying any oil to the body before tanning increases the absorption of UV rays, in turn increasing the risk of sun burns and skin cancer. Instead of applying baby oil before tanning, it is better to use a sunscreen. If someone prefers to have a deep tan look to the skin, you should try a sunless tanner instead of putting yourself at risk of skin cancer and premature aging by using baby oil and tanning. Baby oil can be used after sun bathing to moisturize the skin, but should never be used before.

Back