• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Running in the Heat (calories burned?)

cpush

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well it's getting damn hot out and I had this question. Say you run 2 miles in 70 weather, and then run those same 2 miles in 90 degree weather, would calorie expenditure be any different?

Obviously, the 90 degree run would be harder, you would be more tired, and continuing would be more difficult. Does this correspond with calories burned? Or is it he same amount of calories burned, just harder earned?

I think it would take more energy so you would burn a few more calories. You will lose more water so be carefull and re-hydrate.

I think running in either extreme heat or cold means a few more calories burned; your body has to activate metabolic processes to keep you from overheating or freezing (Sweating and cell entropy respectively) but I wouldn't do it just because of that. The difference is questionable though.

The difference in cals burned would probably be cancelled out by the fact that id give up earlier if it was really hot.

Summer isnt my friend.

I'm no expert, but I say yes. It is harder for me to run in extreme heat or harsh cold. Feels like more work.

assassin said:
lol when weather is hot it's harder to breath...... i hate hot weather....

When I say hard I mean the quickness of my throat getting dry from the cold air. Next thing I know I am more concerned with swallowing rather than running.

In any case, we're all chemical so its kind of logical to assume that yes, we burn more calories in the heat.

Back