• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

slow burning carb powder?

juggernaut said:
Are there any types of powders out there that can mimick a slow burning carbs such as oats, yams or sweet potatoes?

... ground oats?

Palatinose or Supercarb by Avant.

BuzzU said:
Palatinose or Supercarb by Avant.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

juggernaut said:
hmmm....how the hell do you ground oats?

coffee grinder, mate. Works like a charm. Just grind em up enough to swallow em, just a bit more ground than quick oats, dont powder-fy em. You want to keep as much structure as possible, thats part of what slows the digestion and release of the carbs.

IML Gear Cream!
IainDaniel said:

Oh my God no. Do not try this. It was almost.... almost as bad as the time I decided to put freakin' bread in one of my shakes.

edit: then again if somebody could tell me a way to incorporate oat bran into a shake in a way that doesn't make me want to vomit, that would be greeaaaaaaat.

edit 2: because when I saw that oat bran on the shelf, read the nutritional tab, and used my protein powder scoop to put 2 30g portions into my shake, I thought I was really onto something. Until I drank it.

edit 3: took me like 15 minutes to drink that miserable concoction. It was 2 scoops out bran, 2 scoops whey, and about a tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 oil. With water.

kcoleman said:
Oh my God no. Do not try this. It was almost.... almost as bad as the time I decided to put freakin' bread in one of my shakes.

edit: then again if somebody could tell me a way to incorporate oat bran into a shake in a way that doesn't make me want to vomit, that would be greeaaaaaaat.

edit 2: because when I saw that oat bran on the shelf, read the nutritional tab, and used my protein powder scoop to put 2 30g portions into my shake, I thought I was really onto something. Until I drank it.

edit 3: took me like 15 minutes to drink that miserable concoction. It was 2 scoops out bran, 2 scoops whey, and about a tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 oil. With water.

You're almost on the level with concentration camp survivors

Look if you're not gonna contribute to this thread and suggest a way to make oat bran in a shake bearable then you can just shut the fuck up. Fucking troll.

kcoleman said:
Look if you're not gonna contribute to this thread and suggest a way to make oat bran in a shake bearable then you can just shut the fuck up. Fucking troll.
edit: yay

Last edited:
I've been reading these forums for a few months, and until like last week, I always assumed, based on your avatar, that you were a woman.

edit: "fishorcutbait for supplements board moderator."

Fat chance dumbass. I made a post asking about something pertinent to the thread and you fucking flamed me out of nowhere. Real moderator material there.

juggernaut said:
whats with the edits?

My original post was pretty useless and I was genuinely interested in a way to make downing a shake with oatbran doable.

kcoleman said:
My original post was pretty useless and I was genuinely interested in a way to make downing a shake with oatbran doable.
dude, I was kidding both times, chill. Ive never used oat bran before, so i wouldnt know.

Just so you know, the concentration camp survivor thing was serious-ish, that sounded nasty.

Then, you flamed my ass raw, so i figured Id joke around. You seriously need to calm down, in case you hadnt noticed, I never flame anybody unless they go out of their way to be a jackass to me, or post completely retarded shit, like that 911 insidejob guy

IML Gear Cream!
FishOrCutBait said:
dude, I was kidding both times, chill. Ive never used oat bran before, so i wouldnt know.

Just so you know, the concentration camp survivor thing was serious-ish, that sounded nasty.

Then, you flamed my ass raw, so i figured Id joke around. You seriously need to calm down, in case you hadnt noticed, I never flame anybody unless they go out of their way to be a jackass to me, or post completely retarded shit, like that 911 insidejob guy

Okay I am not in a good mood today. The concentration camp survivor jab set me off, I probly wouldn't have minded if you had simply said "down that shit like a man" in the first place. You seem like an okay guy so I'm sorry for my uncalled-for flame posts.

kcoleman said:
Okay I am not in a good mood today. The concentration camp survivor jab set me off, I probly wouldn't have minded if you had simply said "down that shit like a man" in the first place. You seem like an okay guy so I'm sorry for my uncalled-for flame posts.

its okay bro, no harm no foul. I know you're not a jackass, so I really dont mind. Anyway, I'd use oats. They're much more palatable :thumb:

When you guys mention oats do you mean

Instant Oats
These are made with cut groats, precooked and dried and then rolled. They can be directly mixed with a hot liquid and need no further cooking.

or do you prepare the oats beforehand?

kcoleman said:
When you guys mention oats do you mean

Instant Oats
These are made with cut groats, precooked and dried and then rolled. They can be directly mixed with a hot liquid and need no further cooking.

or do you prepare the oats beforehand?
I generally take whole rolled oats and grind them. I dont care for instant oats (who knows what they process them with), you just want to grind the whole oats to a similar size/processedness <----(another very scientific term)

Ok so you use

Oat Groats
These are oats with outer hull removed. They are very nutritious, but are hard to chew. They should be presoaked and cooked for a long time. (Rolled Oats)

Could I use my blender to grind them? If so why not just put them in my shake as they are and let the blender do the rest? I don't have a food processor for grinding.

kcoleman said:
Ok so you use

Oat Groats
These are oats with outer hull removed. They are very nutritious, but are hard to chew. They should be presoaked and cooked for a long time. (Rolled Oats)

Could I use my blender to grind them? If so why not just put them in my shake as they are and let the blender do the rest? I don't have a food processor for grinding.

right. I like quaker brand, just because its a familiar brand, lol.

do you have a coffee grinder? thatd be helpful, the blender flings em around too much. I suppose you could just drink them, but like I said in another related thread, drink em seperate from the rest of your shake, unless you want to chug the whole thing. The oats swell fast

Alright thanks for your help. Tomorrow I'll go out and get some oats and dextrose and then I'll be set. No more shitty weight gainer powder.

kcoleman said:
Alright thanks for your help. Tomorrow I'll go out and get some oats and dextrose and then I'll be set. No more shitty weight gainer powder.

Amen to that. See if you can find some casein powder as well. I like ATW's stuff, or twinlab's.

www.allthewhey.com man im a whore.

:thumbs: anytime I can help, just let me know.

juggernaut said:
whaet germ sucks ass. Oat bran rocks.

is this your opinion on it's tase ?? :D or you mean it's less benefical than bran...

Back