• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anybody in a band?

I'm in a one man band

i used to be in a band ,,i was lead guitarist,,split because we were crap

I used to be. I would get back in one if I could find the right people.

Was in a band for about 5 years up untill recently. We split for undefinable reasons. Recorded 3 decent tracks on a demo, was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Currently trying to pull something else together. I just want to get back on stage.

aceshigh said:
i used to be in a band ,,i was lead guitarist,,split because we were crap

Village%20People%20Poster.jpg

I play the meat flute.

BigDyl said:
I play the meat flute.

are you any good at it?

I used to play, but I quit because I sucked :laugh:

BigDyl said:
I play the meat flute.
You also play a mean male organ.

IML Gear Cream!
maniclion said:
You also play a mean male organ.

hahaha, thats a good one. Havent heard it before...

But seriously, thats cool! (to the serious musicians) Music really helps you to be a well rounded person

FishOrCutBait said:
hahaha, thats a good one. Havent heard it before...

But seriously, thats cool! (to the serious musicians) Music really helps you to be a well rounded person
ARE YOU SAYING MUSICS GONNA MAKE ME FAT?:confused:

I feel like I could expand alot more creatively if I could play with others. Too bad everyone around me plays like shit, has horrible musicianship and plays emo.

I'm going to head over to Hawaii and jam with Maniclion.

fufu said:
I play emotionally too.:D

fufu said:

yes. thats a good idea! I couldnt think of anything smartass to say, so i said that

Anyway, yeah its best to surround yourself with talented musicians

maniclion said:
I play emotionally too.:D

There is a difference between emotionally and emo. These kids play their distorted guitars while screaming, it sounds awful. No flow, no melody, no harmony.

fufu said:
There is a difference between emotionally and emo. These kids play their distorted guitars while screaming, it sounds awful. No flow, no melody, no harmony.
And it seems like most of them try to fake the british punk rocker voice, you know like Johnny Rotten except their from Chicago or Boise.

IML Gear Cream!
maniclion said:
And it seems like most of them try to fake the british punk rocker voice, you know like Johnny Rotten except their from Chicago or Boise.
haha, good stuff. Argh. ANYWAY, yeah man, it helps to diversify, i took bass lessons from a jazz bass player for 2-3 years and now I do vocals in a metalcore band... Who would have guessed

Last edited:
FishOrCutBait said:
haha, good stuff. Argh. ANYWAY, yeah man, it helps to diversify, i took bass lessons from a jazz bass player for 2-3 years and now I do vocals in a metalcore band... Who would have guessed
If you have the varied voice ranges of guys like Dax Riggs (Acid Bath) or Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle, Faith No More)then thats where the real talent lies, not just those guys who can scream or grumble on a microphone.:thumb:

maniclion said:
If you have the varied voice ranges of guys like Dax Riggs (Acid Bath) or Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle, Faith No More)then thats where the real talent lies, not just those guys who can scream or grumble on a microphone.:thumb:
Im working on my singing voice, but for now I do the scream thing. Kids seem to like it, and i have an affinity for it. Its actually a bit more difficult than it would seem.

Every generation has their own new musical advent, and the older generations look down on them, lol, so flame away my friend. You're right about 90 percent of the music kids make nowadays, anyway

and even if it doesnt go anywhere, it keeps me off the streets, lol.

I'm a funk man myself. Play the bassy bass. I do some guitar as well.

fufu said:
I'm a funk man myself. Play the bassy bass. I do some guitar as well.

theres nothing better than riding a funky drumline, or busting out a groove that you can feel move you

Funk and jazz seem to be the only styles of music that feature bass other than, "duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh etc.

fufu said:
Funk and jazz seem to be the only styles of music that feature bass other than, "duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh etc.

Either that or it gets played like a really low sounding lead guitar

Back