• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A Baker's dozen

IML Gear Cream!
August 14

Full body

Warm up- skipping x 60 seconds/ single leg hops to high box (5 per side)/DB clean and jerk 35's, 45's, 55's , 65's 75's doubles/ x 5

Deadlifts- 185/5, 275/5, 325/3, 355 x 1x3
Pistols- BW + 8kg medicine ball/BW holding 25# plate/BW holding 45# plate
LL- 15/10/8
RL- 15/9/8
Dynamic pull-ups with release at top
10, 9, 8
Renegade rows with DB's- 50 x 10, 65 x 8, 75 x 6 (x 2)
Handstand pushups with pause- 10, 10, 10
One arm handstand holds- 60 seconds each arm x 2

Stretch

My shoulders felt pretty good today so I thought I would throw in some one arm handstand holds. I'm not that good at them yet. I would like to get to the point where I hold a DB in the other hand. I was too beat to do any farmers, got to listen to your body.

Cool workout. I've thought about trying renagade rows.

So you hold your body up with just one hand supporting yourself for a minute?...damn, that's awesome! Even if your feet are still leaning against a wall, that is crazy.

Cow got me interested in renegade rows, I like like the a lot because you have to stablize you body while doing them. I would like to try them with KB's but I don't own any.

The handstand holds are fun. I start in a regular handstand against a corner then when I am in a proper position I do them one handed.

No shortage of variety with you, Bake! Your journal is giving me less and less excuses not to get a workout in when I'm on the road.

Yeah, it's easy to get a great workout even without a lot of equipment.
Pistols are my favorite BW exercise, takes no space at all, so it is easy for when you are on the road.
I would love to make a book of BW exercises for people with busy lives, for people who are constantly on the go. People who travel a lot (by car or plane) who stay in hotels without gyms but still want to stay fit. Or for people who live in small spaces and don't feel comfortable in a gym environment.

Yeah, it's easy to get a great workout even without a lot of equipment.
Pistols are my favorite BW exercise, takes no space at all, so it is easy for when you are on the road.
I would love to make a book of BW exercises for people with busy lives, for people who are constantly on the go. People who travel a lot (by car or plane) who stay in hotels without gyms but still want to stay fit. Or for people who live in small spaces and don't feel comfortable in a gym environment.

so........get typing:thumb:

I have been busy so I am behind with my posts...

August 15

Active recovery

Tai chi
Run- 45 minutes (STOMP, STOMP ugh.) I wished I liked running. I come from a family of talented runners. My mother and and two sisters (one now, my younger sister passed away last November) and older brother all run. Very fast runners. They run like the are floating across land, fluid seemingly effortless, makes he sick. I guess I never got that gene. My mother is 65 years old and I can barely keep up with her. Oh, well, :( Doesn't matter, I prefer cycling anyway.

Stretch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 16

Full body

Warmup- skip- 60 seconds/ 15 hindu pushups/ DB snatch 45's x 3/ x 5

Cleans + jerk
135 x 5
150 x 5
165 x 1
165 x 1 missed- fuck
155 3 x 3

Front squats
135 x 5 cleaned
185 x 12
205 x 10
225 x 8
235 x 3 Legs felt tired was aiming for 6 reps.

CG chin- ups
22, BW + 25/ 15, BW + 45/ 11

Circuit
High rep pushups
96, 94, 90
BW rows with feet raised on ball
26, 25, 25
Standing calf raises
135/ 20, 185/ 15, 205, 12
Toe raises (each foot)
25/ 25, 45/ 20, 45/ 18

Stretch

My legs were sore going into the workout but it wasn't too bad once I got going. I went with high rep pushups just for the hell of it. I don't like bench work. I went up with my cleans so I am a happy camper.

Well, let's see your family do 235 lbs front squats! Nice workout.

^ I don't know my Mom is super tough... she must get it from my grandpa.
My grandfather on my Mom's side was a super athletic guy, he boxed, played horseshoes (was horseshoe champion, kind of funny) and would run all day and not get tired. He was a plumber by trade and even in his early 90's he could throw a dryer on the back of his truck like it was nothing. He was this tall skinny man with big strong hands. The last memory I have of him was when I visited him for dinner one evening. After dinner we watched wheel of fortune and the Lawrence Welk Show then he turned the TV off and ate a snack while he told me some old boxing stories. He was a bit crazy but I liked that about him. On that same night he said he would show me some of his old moves. I said, "No, no, it's okay, Grandpa, It's getting kind of late" Then he said, "What are you chicken!" And then he laughed and laughed. "Stand up, son" He said with authority. So I did.

It was so surreal, my 90 + Grandpa swinging like wildfire while I tried to side-step his blows. The guy was nuts. He stared me down like I was shit on a stick. Sent chills down my spine. He hit he a couple of times and would have continued if my grandma didn't break things up. Makes he smile just thinking about it, at the time I thought he was going to kill me. :laugh:

IML Gear Cream!
Lawl, should have done an uchi kara takedown on him transitioning into an arm bar.

^ Yeah, either that or some serious bababackup. Because I got whoop assed by my grandpa!

"Horseshoe Champion":laugh: that is kind of funny. My grandpa used to tell me stories of how he won the St. Louis to East St. Louis swim race accross the Mississippi. He was a great athlete as well. Played minor league ball and could still toss it pretty good with me when I was in little league and he was in his late 70's. Grandparents walked on water. I miss mine.

August 17

Active recovery

120 minute ride (easy)

Stetch

Later tonight- Yoga

I felt a bit sick when I got home. I should have went in the morning when it was cooler, I'm not good with the heat.

August 14

Full body

Warm up- skipping x 60 seconds/ single leg hops to high box (5 per side)/DB clean and jerk 35's, 45's, 55's , 65's 75's doubles/ x 5

Deadlifts- 185/5, 275/5, 325/3, 355 x 1x3
Pistols- BW + 8kg medicine ball/BW holding 25# plate/BW holding 45# plate
LL- 15/10/8
RL- 15/9/8

Dynamic pull-ups with release at top
10, 9, 8
Renegade rows with DB's- 50 x 10, 65 x 8, 75 x 6 (x 2)
Handstand pushups with pause- 10, 10, 10
One arm handstand holds- 60 seconds each arm x 2

what are those in bold? sound interesting....

nice handstand pushups. Your conditioning must be real good......1x10 and i'mm winded. and do u lockout all the way when you push up?

August 18

Full body

Warm up- 60 seconds skipping/ BB clean and press/single leg hops to high box x 5 (each side)/ x 5

DB step- ups
50's x 12 x 2
75's x 10 x 2
100's x 6 x 2

ATG back squats
185 x 5
225 x 5 (with 10 seconds pause)
275 x 5
300 x 3

Renegade rows with DB's
50 x 12, 65 x 10, 75 x 8

CG incline bench press
135 x 12
145 x 10
160 x 8
1 set of narrow grip pushups to failure

NG chin- ups

Rollouts- 10, 10, 9

Stretch

To play it safe with my shoulder, I took it easy on the pressing. The leg stuff was hard but I got it done. I did not hit my goal of 25 chin-ups for three reps but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I am now taking 10 full days of from resistance training. I will still do a few things like sprints and easy riding but that is all. Time to eat. I will start a new program on August 28.

good job on the squats and step ups.

how high is the step?

One armed handstand holds? What the fuck, you're crazy...

Leet step-ups, I just did some today and they owned me hard.

I have been doing a lot of riding but not much else since it's my week + 3 days off. I helped my friend build up a new Marinoni track bike so I have been riding with me. It's fun pushing each other, yesterday we did hill sprints (48 x 17) gearing which was awesome. I am convinced my step-ups have helped me push the bigger gears with ease I notice a big difference in my power transfer and recovery when doing hills.
I have slacked off a bit with the yoga but have been doing tai chi in the park almost every day.
I am going to make up a new program this weekend (will start in on Aug. 28) that will be based around the snatch, power cleans + jerk, and squats (front and back). I still want to keep my lifting to 3 days per week as that has been working well for me. Each day will be full-body.

Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking of doing. Sets/reps and RI's still to be determined.

Monday

power clean + jerk

deadlifts
1 unilateral quad/hip movement (step-ups, bulgarian squats or weighted pistols)
overhead presses
rows or pullovers
cg chin-ups and or hammer curls
stabilization/ abs

Wednesday

Snatch

Front squats
split squats or db lunges
rows
pull-ups
stabilization/abs

Friday

back squats
RDL's
incline bench presses
rows
dips or overhead extensions
calf raises/ toe raises

looks okay.

since you are jerking on monday, you might want to move the overhead pressing to wed.

Looks like a cool program. Having fun with the oly lifts, eh?

Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking of doing. Sets/reps and RI's still to be determined.

Monday

power clean + jerk

deadlifts
1 unilateral quad/hip movement (step-ups, bulgarian squats or weighted pistols)
flat bench presses
rows or pullovers
cg chin-ups and or hammer curls
stabilization/ abs

Wednesday

Snatch

Front squats
overhead presses
split squats or db lunges
rows
pull-ups
stabilization/abs

Friday

back squats
RDL's
incline bench presses
rows
dips or overhead extensions
calf raises/ toe raises

For deadlifts 5, 3 x 3 then singles same thing for the cleans. The snatches will be all singles.
Everthing else will be- 8-10 x 3, 3-5 x 5 and 6 x 3 (?) RI's 45seconds, 2-3 minutes, 75seconds

I hate figuring out reps/ sets I like mixing low reps with higher reps in one day.
How do you guys think this looks?

not really following you....what do you mean by 5, 3x3 then singles?

also, how are those rep ranges going to apply to the exercises? which exercises get one of those three different rep ranges?

Back