• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2006 USA Basketball

Goodfella9783

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone know the final roster? I saw this on NBA.com but I know they've been screwing around with it for the past few months. I'm anxious to see how they do after their poor performance in 2004.

F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Shane Battier
F- Chris Bosh
F- Bruce Bowen
F- Elton Brand
F- Antawn Jamison
F- LeBron James
G- Kirk Hinrich
G- Chrish Paul
G/F- Joe Johnson
G- Dwayne Wade
C- Amare Stoudemire
C- Brad Miller
C/F- Dwight Howard

Definately not the best, but you never know how good a team will mesh when it comes down to it. Too bad guys like Ai, Garnett, Duncan, Kidd, Nash & Shaq won't be there. I'm looking forward to seeing Wade, LeBron and Melo play together.

I lost interest after:
1) 1992
and
2) We got our a$$es handed to us in '04 while being coached by the fool Larry Brown.

Once they start having a little pride in what they are playing for, it won't matter which ones make the team, they will dominate! :thumb:

Isn't Nash Canadien?

Yes Nash is Canadian

At least you get some of your top athletes out for you national team.

We have players like Magloire who won't

Goodfella9783 said:
I just wanna see them dominate other squads like they did in the 90's. So fun to watch. Teams like Argentina are no joke though.

If USA plays with heart and up to their potential, Argentina and others are only playing for second.

I don't think you will see domination like you did in the early 90's.

Alot of these european and south american teams have really developed some strong teams.

I disagree. USA plays like shit in these tournaments and dosen't play like a team, not to mention some of the best players don't play. Argentina takes pride in playing as team for the nation and good things are gonna happen. Not to take anything away from them, they don't have half the talent as the top 2 US squads.

Goodfella9783 said:
Anyone know the final roster? I saw this on NBA.com but I know they've been screwing around with it for the past few months. I'm anxious to see how they do after their poor performance in 2004.

F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Shane Battier
F- Chris Bosh
F- Bruce Bowen
F- Elton Brand
F- Antawn Jamison
F- LeBron James
G- Kirk Hinrich
G- Chrish Paul
G/F- Joe Johnson
G- Dwayne Wade
C- Amare Stoudemire
C- Brad Miller
C/F- Dwight Howard

Definately not the best, but you never know how good a team will mesh when it comes down to it. Too bad guys like Ai, Garnett, Duncan, Kidd, Nash & Shaq won't be there. I'm looking forward to seeing Wade, LeBron and Melo play together.

Not bad... If they play as a team this time I don't see them losing.

All I know is the USA looked like the Dream Team of old last night against Puerto Rico. It really looked like the Globetrotters vs. the Generals in the 2nd half. Very excited about this team.

That was a good showing... lets see them put a string of those together. :clapping:

Interesting, I remember watching the old Dream Team play, and I actually remember seeing Puerto Rico play. Funny, there wasn't so many black people playing for Puerto Rico back then and now, all of a sudden, there are no Puerto Ricans playing for Puerto Rico.

They started out shaky last night, but once they get their confidence up and defense workin, there is no stopping them. I'm not gonna make any predictions because it was just an exhibition game, but they definately looked good. Here's what I would make the starting line up:

G- Dwayne Wade
G- Chris Paul
C- Dwight Howard
F- Lebron James
F- Elton Brand

Another complete ass kicking vs. China. This is the team we've bene waiting for all these years. It may be jumping the gun, but if this team holds true to form, they have potential to be our best ever.

Goodfella9783 said:
Yup very nice. Even if Yao was there, it would have made no difference. Who do we play next?

TRAINING SCHEDULE

July 19-25: Las Vegas, Nev.

July 31-Aug. 3: Las Vegas, Nev.
Aug. 3: USA 114, Puerto Rico 69

August 6-8: Guangzhou, China
China Basketball Challenge 2006

Aug. 7: USA 119, China 73
8 a.m. ET
Airs at 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2
Aug. 8: USA vs. Brazil

August 11-15: Seoul, Korea
World Basketball Challenge 2006

Aug. 11: Korea vs. Turkey
Aug. 12: Korea vs. Lithuania
Aug. 12: Italy vs. Turkey
Aug. 13: USA vs. Lithuania
Aug. 13: Korea vs. Italy
Aug. 15: USA vs. Korea
2 a.m. ET on ESPN2

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SCHED.
Note: The 2006 FIBA Men's World Championships will take place in Japan from Aug. 19 - Sept. 3. The United States will play its preliminary round games at the Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center in Sapporo City, Hokkaido.

PRELIMINARY ROUND
August 19: USA vs. Puerto Rico
1 a.m. ET, LIVE on ESPN2
August 20: USA vs. China
6:30 a.m. ET, LIVE on ESPN2
August 22: USA vs. Slovenia
August 23: USA vs. Italy
August 24: USA vs. Senegal

MEDAL ROUNDS
August 26-27: Eighth-Finals
August 29-30: Quarterfinals
August 31: Classification Semifinals
September 1: Medal Rd. Semifinals
September 2-3: Finals

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GROUPS

GROUP A
Argentina
Venezuela
France
Serbia & Mont.
Lebanon
Nigeria

GROUP B
Spain
Panama
Germany
Japan
New Zealand
Angola

GROUP C
Lithuania
Brazil
Greece
Turkey
Australia
Qatar

GROUP D
USA
Puerto Rico
Slovenia
Italy
China
Senegal

Brazil made it interesting. This team is good and they should win the gold, no doubt, but it's silly to think they will dominate everybody the way they did with Puerto Rico and China. Those two are not top world teams by any stretch of the imagination.

I imagine things will come together much better when the team is finalized and players have roles. These first three games have looked like scrimmages with the coach trying to figure out who to give minutes to and what roles guys can fill.

Saturday Fever said:
Brazil made it interesting. This team is good and they should win the gold, no doubt, but it's silly to think they will dominate everybody the way they did with Puerto Rico and China. Those two are not top world teams by any stretch of the imagination.

I imagine things will come together much better when the team is finalized and players have roles. These first three games have looked like scrimmages with the coach trying to figure out who to give minutes to and what roles guys can fill.

Well considering last go around we lost to Puerto Rico, it's definitely a step in the right direction. The last few teams we put together we didn't have any perimeter shooting, and we lacked defense. All the bases seem to be covered this time except for the presence of a true "big man". Not to mention there is more "potential greatness" on this team then there was "greatness" on any of our teams since the original Dream Team. If we can't pull a gold with these guys there is a serious issue.

F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Shane Battier
F- Chris Bosh
F- Bruce Bowen
F- Elton Brand
F- Antawn Jamison
F- LeBron James
G- Kirk Hinrich
G- Chrish Paul
G/F- Joe Johnson
G- Dwayne Wade
C- Amare Stoudemire
C- Brad Miller
C/F- Dwight Howard

I used to be fan of dream team, but in the last days has waked up big emotion the argentina team, because belongs to latinamerica ....

Sincerily, I haven't heard about those NBA players, only Lebron and Carmelo, and a little Bowen ...can you please speak more of them

I used to be fan of dream team, but in the last days has waked up big emotion the argentina team, because belongs to latinamerica ....

Sincerily, I haven't heard about those NBA players, only Lebron and Carmelo, and a little Bowen ...can you please speak more of them

Which players do you want to know about and what do you want to know about em? I'd be happy to help.

Can't believe they lost to Greece this morning. I didn't watch this one but I'm assuming they got off to a bad start like all their other games but couldn't come back? Anyone see it?

what an embarrasment.

The NBA might have the best PLAYERS in the world but they don't have the best TEAMS in the world......NBA is all about self. those guys should be ashamed.

yeah what a BUST

what an embarrasment.

The NBA might have the best PLAYERS in the world but they don't have the best TEAMS in the world......NBA is all about self. those guys should be ashamed.

i kinda disagree. look at Detroit. yes its the exception and not the rule, but it also proves that 2 allstars surrounded by role players can beat great teams (miami beating Detroit)

i kinda disagree. look at Detroit. yes its the exception and not the rule, but it also proves that 2 allstars surrounded by role players can beat great teams (miami beating Detroit)

true...but again...that is NBA vs NBA.

I am talking about international play here.

I am talking about the fact that these teams (overseas) have taken the way we PLAYED the game back in the 70s and 80s and even early 90s (when I then stopped watching the NBA because it turned into a one on one drive to the basket type game), they have perfected it and now, they can take OUR game and beat us at it. Even the best players in the league can't hang with a team that (a) plays as a team on offense, (b) plays good defense and (c) has solid perimiter shooting.

true...but again...that is NBA vs NBA.

I am talking about international play here.

I am talking about the fact that these teams (overseas) have taken the way we PLAYED the game back in the 70s and 80s and even early 90s (when I then stopped watching the NBA because it turned into a one on one drive to the basket type game), they have perfected it and now, they can take OUR game and beat us at it. Even the best players in the league can't hang with a team that (a) plays as a team on offense, (b) plays good defense and (c) has solid perimiter shooting.
but you made all these assumptions off of one loss to greece... Even Michael Jordan missed shots. We lost by 6 to greece. We smoked everyone else by (probably) an average of 15 points.... thats why i disagree...

I bet in a best of 7 series against Greece, USA would win...

Back