• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My meal lies to me

Witchblade

Succinct
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My meal lies to me... well, sort of. I've seen some products, like microwave pasta and icecream, that list very odd numbers of protein/fat/carbs.
For example, I just looked at a package of icecream and it said:

Per 100g
Protein: 5
Carbs: 15
Fat: 5

So I wonder, 5 + 5 + 15 = 25... What's the other 75g?

Probably a really simple answer, but hell.

The 100 grams is the actually weight measurement, not macronutrient measurement ;)

Jodi said:
The 100 grams is the actually weight measurement, not macronutrient measurement ;)
I'm not sure I get what you mean. The package said: 700g total, and per 100g: 5 protein, 15 carbs, 5 fat.

So every 100g of icecream contains 5/15/5g. The total amount of the entire package of icecream would be 7 times as big.

Are the remaining 75g just filler material, containing no nutrients (does that exist) ?

Put that bastard in your mouth, start chewing, and show that liar who's boss.

Seriously though, I think it's jsut stuff that doesnt fall in either 3 catagories.

The rest of the world uses metric conversion. A weight of 100g is the metric conversion for 3.53 oz. (US measurement)

Water is neither carb/protein/fat, and would probably make up a good chunk of the weight per serving.

Back