• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

so.... what do you think? sorry for how mundane this post is.

Sandals

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im ready for my fist actual strength routine, i found this one on the internet and i would like some input. thanks all-

http://www.weight-lifting-workout-routines.com/strength-routine.html

"A Killer Strength Routine to Help You Push More Weight.

Ok, before we start, this is a powerlifting strength routine, not a bodybuilding program. This weight lifting routine is excellent for seriously boosting strength. It is a fourteen week cycle. First, you need to figure out what you ultimately want for your one rep maximum (ORM) for bench press, squat and deadlift. Write all three lifts down on a sheet of paper.

THE WORKOUT ROUTINES

*Note: You can click on the links below to see the picture & description of each exercise.
(Each link opens a new window: Please turn-off popup blockers)

The Squat Workout

Squats
Week 1: 60% of ORM for 3 sets of 8 reps
Week 2: 65% of ORM for 3 sets of 6 reps
Week 3: 70% of ORM for 3 sets of 5 reps
Week 4: 75% of ORM for 3 sets of 4 reps
Week 5: 80% of ORM for 3 sets of 3 reps
Week 6: 85% of ORM for 2 sets of 2 reps
Week 7: 90% of ORM for 1 set of 1 rep
Shrugs - 4 sets 10 reps
Leg Press - 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
Hack Squat - 3 sets 6 reps
Leg Extension - 3 sets 10 reps
Leg Curl - 3 sets 10 reps

Deadlift Workout

Squats - (light) 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps (pyramid up with weight)
Deadlift
Shrugs - 4 sets 10 reps
Bent Over Rows - 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
Seated Rows - 3 sets 8 reps
Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets 8 reps {I WILL DO WEIGHTED PULLUPS INSTEAD}
One Arm Dumbell Rows - 3 sets 8 reps

Bench workout #1 (Heavy chest)

Bench Press
Tricep Pushdowns - 4 sets 10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
Dips - 3 sets 8 reps
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 3 sets 8 reps
Triceps Extension - 3 sets 8 reps

Bench workout #2 (Light Chest)

Bench Press - 3 Sets 10 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 3 sets 10 reps
Barbell Shoulder Press - 3 sets 8 reps
Side Lateral Raises - 3 sets 8 reps
Skull Crusher -4 sets 8 reps
Triceps PushDown - 4 sets 8 reps

Now, you've just completed the first half of the fourteen week strength routine. You're ready for the second half. The only difference is the percentages on your three major lifts, all other exercises, sets, and reps all remain the same.

Here is the second half percentages:

Week 1: 70% of ORM for 3 sets of 8 reps
Week 2: 75% of ORM for 3 sets of 6 reps
Week 3: 80% of ORM for 3 sets of 5 reps
Week 4: 85% of ORM for 3 sets of 4 reps
Week 5: 90% of ORM for 3 sets of 3 reps
Week 6: 95% of ORM for 2 sets of 2 reps
Week 7: 100% of ORM for 1 set of 1 rep

So, here is how you should break down the days in which you train:

Sunday is squat day.
Tuesday is Bench #1 (heavy) day.
Thursday is Deadlift day.
Friday is Bench #2 (light) day.
The cycle starts over on Sunday.

Before starting the whole 14 week strength routine, you will need to take about three or four weeks in which you condition your muscles. To do this, train on the days in which I have specified, and only do four exercises from each workout. The major lifts must be included in the four selected exercises.
What you select is up to you, however, I recommend doing exercises that work as many muscles as possible. For example, on a bench day, you would not want to just do all chest work, choose exercises that will work the chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Once you have started the 14 week weight lifting routine, you need to pyramid up in weight with every exercise except your major lifts once you reach the specified percentage. The first couple of weeks will feel like you can do more weight on your major lifts. This is natural, but do not increase the percentage for a given week even if you can go heavier.

As far as rest goes, rest about 5-8 minutes for your major lifts. Any other assistance work, you can rest however long you want. These are really long workouts, but remember, the workouts are powerlifting specific.

Powerlifting implies the avoidance of cardio, and eating whatever you want, as long as it is rich in protein. "

my main worry is the volume, do you guys think this is too much volume?

okay... wtf. i dont get how kenwood posts asking what deloading is, and then a few hours later he posts asking wether or not he should do it, and he gets 7 responses almost instantaneously. i want to know if this routine is legit and no one even looks at it. please. help. me. i know its fucking boring to critique a routine, but i dont have the experience in strength training to know if this is going to hurt me or help me. strength training is a whole new can of worms and i need someone to help me bait this first hook here.

thankyou to anyone who may reply.

Dont like it at all. That is not a power lifting workout. Read Cowpimp and P-funks stickys for a better workout.

Nothing special with this program. It just looks like a push-pull-legs program where the big 3 lifts are periodized in a linear fashion.

Not to say it won't work; programs don't have to be special to work. It's not revolutionary by any means though. My main problems are concerning exercise selection, but eh, give it a shot if you really want.

thanks for your input. i will probably pick something different.

Back