• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ladies, how do you like your guys to dress?

KentDog

Yuppie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am looking to buy some new shirts soon but I'm not really sure what to look for. I have heard I dress nice, preppy on the most part, but I don't know a lot about what is good looking to girls, and I don't have any girl friends out here (I'm visiting my family for the summer). My favorite brands are Ralph Lauren Polo and Nautica, but I already have enough Polos. I almost always wear buttonups when I'm out to a club or bar, but I'm looking for more everyday casual wear. What else do girls like? A friend suggested "fashion tees" and another suggested "fitted tees." Fitted tees to show the shape of your body more but without looking like you're a cocky meathead. Please do tell, and post pictures if possible. Where do you guys buy your clothes?

I say, wear what you want and don't worry about what people think of your style.

fufu said:
I say, wear what you want and don't worry about what people think of your style.
I do on the most part. However, I wouldn't mind looking my best for the ladies. Not to sound like a tool, but if girls like a certain look a lot, why not get it to attract more positive attention? Everybody picks up and judges someone on their appearance.

I understand what you are saying, I guess it depends on your priorities.

Women notice details that most men don???t. They notice if your belt and shoes match. They notice what kinds of foods you like to eat. They notice all the details and then make assumptions about every other area of your life based on these details.

I usually dress casual. I wear Calvin Klein t-shirts and i also tend to wear fitted tees because like you said, it shows the shape of my body and i have noticed that more women have been interested when they notice i'm muscular rather than when i wear shirts that are loose. Also, fitted tees seem to be more comfortable and not as "baggy" but that's just me. Other styles of clothing i wear are sports wear (Nike, Reebok, etc.) and some from Old Navy.

For example, this is the type of shirts i like to wear http://www.eastwindscreenprint.com/media/live/unisex_fitted_tee.jpg

I have a plain white t-shirt and a black one but i have several shirts that are in that shape/style. Those work best for me.

Not only your clothing, but make sure you're well groomed and that your nails are short and clean. All hair other than the hair on your head should be trimmed and neat. Women don't like bushy guys.

Use cologne/deoderant in moderation. Do not overdo it. Most importantly, just be yourself because the #1 thing women look for first is personality, sense of humor, smile, and so forth.

Good luck

fufu said:
I understand what you are saying, I guess it depends on your priorities.
I guess this is what got me thinking about this lately.. I will be visiting an ex in California for 1.5 weeks in November, then another 1.5 weeks in December and I know a lot of pictures will be taken while I'm there. This ex is really into fashion and she always looks incredible (she goes to school at FIDM in LA). I just want to look my best for these trips. I know it's still a long time from now, but I wouldn't mind keeping my eye out for whatever look is good, maybe I'll catch it on sale. The girl friends I tend to shop with always seem to buy everything at regular price and are just high spenders in general. Not to sound stingy, but that really isn't my thing.

Abercrombie is where I like to go. Not real cheap, but like was already discussed good form fitting shirts.

Thanks for the suggestions shiznit and Double D. I do keep myself pretty well groomed and I'm good about the hygiene and cologne. Don't really need any advice on meeting girls, but thanks for the tips anyway. What do you guys usually spend on fitted tees? I usually spend like $10 on t-shirts.

I think I will check out Abercrombie some time. I never really liked the store, but I will give it a try for the fitted tees. Any other stores you guys suggest I check out?

Sean John is a pretty nice line. When most people think SJ they think sweat suits and baggy stuff, but they have everything. Nice button ups, jeans, Tees, nice wife beaters (if that's possible), sweaters, dress wear, suits etc. I know you can find Sean John at Macy's.

A lot of people around here wear A/X, A & F, American Eagle and do the spiky gelled hair thing which isn't my style at all.

I usually spend about $10-$25 bucks .. $30 at the most if i find a really good shirt i like.

I'm not sure if they have these stores where you live but i tend to go to Old Navy, Kohl's, aeropostal, american eagle, footlocker, fitness champs, and sears/jc penny (sometimes).

I hardly go to A & F or holister because those kind of clothes are sort of gay and too girlish (no offense to anyone who shops there).

IML Gear Cream!
I just wear whatever the fuck I want. I don't care if it's old, or it has a small hole in it somewhere, or whatever. If some girl doesn't want to talk to me because of that, then she can suck my balls (Or, I guess, not suck my balls).

shiznit2169 said:
I usually spend about $10-$25 bucks .. $30 at the most if i find a really good shirt i like.

I'm not sure if they have these stores where you live but i tend to go to Old Navy, Kohl's, aeropostal, american eagle, footlocker, fitness champs, and sears/jc penny (sometimes).

I hardly go to A & F or holister because those kind of clothes are sort of gay and too girlish (no offense to anyone who shops there).

Thats right suck me.....:rocker:

Have you seen the women that work there. You gotta be a fool not to go in there.

Vin Diesel dresses better than most men. He always looks great.

I shop at JC Penny's/Filenes/Sears, I don't care what people say. The clothes are cheap and last. I wear plain white t-shirts and jeans 90% of the time. The only thing I go a little pricey on are shoes.

fufu said:
plain white t-shirts and jeans

one of the best things a man can wear. :p

shiznit2169 said:

Yeah, we have all those places except Fitness Champs here.

Goodfella, I haven't really checked out Sean John, but do they have nice fitted tees as well? I had always pictured their t-shirts as oversized and baggy. Also, what is "A/X?"

Little Wing said:
Thanks Little Wing. I have a closet full of buttonups but I mostly wear them out to clubs/bars. I only wear several out casually.

Have you guys heard of Pacific Sun? I believe that's what it's called, but not sure.. what do you guys think of that store?

preppy clothes have no sex appeal at all. men should look like men not gay fashion models. and if you work out why not let it show a little. we like it.

IML Gear Cream!
Little Wing said:
and if you work out why not let it show a little. we like it.
exactly how I was thinking ;) . But there are some preppy clothes that can show off your physique. I have several Polo shirts that are good fitting and do such.

KentDog said:
Yeah, we have all those places except Fitness Champs here.

Goodfella, I haven't really checked out Sean John, but do they have nice fitted tees as well? I had always pictured their t-shirts as oversized and baggy. Also, what is "A/X?"

Thanks Little Wing. I have a closet full of buttonups but I mostly wear them out to clubs/bars. I only wear several out casually.

Have you guys heard of Pacific Sun? I believe that's what it's called, but not sure.. what do you guys think of that store?

i have some nice mens shirts i wear like this but w an extra button done for boob modesty in the summer w jeans n sandals. breezy and comfortable.

jewelry is nice on a guy but 2 pieces at most unless ones an earring (or 2) i hate it when a guy has 4 rings. tacky. Vin wears a cross n a watch a lot n that looks good.

Little Wing said:

one of the best things a man can wear. :p

Exactly .. i was going out with a group of friends to a party and few years ago and i decided to just throw on some jeans and a white fitted t-shirt like that Rock picture and i was amazed at how many looks i was getting from all the ladies. I never would have thought a plain t-shirt would mean much at all. Now i have a couple of them as well as black, blue and so forth.

shiznit2169 said:
Exactly .. i was going out with a group of friends to a party and few years ago and i decided to just throw on some jeans and a white fitted t-shirt like that Rock picture and i was amazed at how many looks i was getting from all the ladies. I never would have thought a plain t-shirt would mean much at all. Now i have a couple of them as well as black, blue and so forth.

it's just a no frills look that is really masculine. :p

KentDog said:

They make everything. You just have to look in the right places. Check out the Macys site.

A/X is Armani Exchange. Pretty much that Jersey/Growing up Gotti shit. They have some good clothes I guess.

Pacific Sun is like surfer/skater type clothes. Not my style. Some people can pull it off.

go to the bar, see what the guys who are talking to the hot chicks are wearing and figure it out!

note: different bars have different styles, find a bar with a style you like!

GMG-Front300x225.jpg

I wear shirts with lions on them and any shorts/pants that compliment the shirt I wear, my shoes have to match my outfit as well. Of course my style matches the surf/skate Island style so I don't look like a total haole.

Kohls.

I search for lion shirts in all of the stores, be it PacSun, Macy's, Island Snow, Blue Hawaii Surf, Sears, A&F, Hollister, Hot Topic where ever cause it's hard to find them in any one store and it makes me able to mix and match styles of clothing because after I get my shirt I then end up finding shorts or pants to match and for those I go anyplace even the Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle ,etc as long as they aren't those faggish tight fitting shorts/pants.

Back