• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

post workout carbs

ac

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I recently read somewher that as a post workout meal u should take carbs and protein in liquid form. I was wandering whether fruit juice was a good source of carbs. The labels on most fruit juices say that almost all of the carbs are in the form of sugar, is this good or bad.
Thanks, ac

Prince,why wouldn't simple sugars be a good thing after a workout?

The bodies ability to absord sugar is heightened at this time.Thus simple sugars would fit right in.

------------------
train smart not hard

Yeah, I agree with mac.

------------------
Lift well! But don't forget to put it down afterwards.

Originally posted by mac sloan:
Prince,why wouldn't simple sugars be a good thing after a workout?

The bodies ability to absord sugar is heightened at this time.Thus simple sugars would fit right in.

I'm not saying that you don't need any simple sugars, I'm saying that more importantly you need complex carbs and protein. All MRP's have more than enough simple sugars in them, as well as the necessary protein and carbs.

------------------
train hard!

Prince said,
I'm saying that more importantly you need complex carbs

I still don't understand why you would need complex carbs after a workout.You want to shuttle glucose to the muscles as quickly as possible.Complex take longer.

------------------
train smart not hard

do you think that mixing protein whey powder with a fruit juice would be a good postworkout drink then,or should i buy some complex carbs. i don't have alot of money just know so would the complex carbs be worth the money.

You can try mixing in some dextrose with your grape juice.Or as a alternative you can buy some maltodextrin.

------------------
train smart not hard

Back