• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Have you seen the commercial "HEADON"

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok guys Head on has a product called ACTIV ON. You can buy it at walmart. It resembles a roll on deordarant.

Some of you might know that I have a bad right rotator cuff. Well today was DB incline Bench which I dread because of the cuff. After my first working set here come a little pain.. I knew that the next three sets were going to be a killer as the weight progressively was going to get heavier. Last Thurs I bought the Activ on and today in between sets 1 and 2 applied it. Guess what no more pain and it sure was a relief when lifting.

I suggest any of you that have some problems with the shoulders spend the $8 for it. Good investment.

TOUGH

Ok guys Head on has a product called ACTIV ON. You can buy it at walmart. It resembles a roll on deordarant.

Some of you might know that I have a bad right rotator cuff. Well today was DB incline Bench which I dread because of the cuff. After my first working set here come a little pain.. I knew that the next three sets were going to be a killer as the weight progressively was going to get heavier. Last Thurs I bought the Activ on and today in between sets 1 and 2 applied it. Guess what no more pain and it sure was a relief when lifting.

I suggest any of you that have some problems with the shoulders spend the $8 for it. Good investment.

TOUGH

Is it some sort of topical anesthesia? If so, using it is insane.

TOUGH

I'll bet it smells like shit. Does it?

Is it some sort of topical anesthesia? If so, using it is insane.

Agreed especially if you are using to increase the workload on an already problemed area.

Agreed especially if you are using to increase the workload on an already problemed area.

It reminds me of that guy who was preaching about the evils of steroids (he was using 15 different types at one time). He said that they were evil because he had to take pain-killers to workout with a damage rotator cuff. :spaz:

I HAVE see the commercial, and it is possibly the most annoying thing on TV :laugh: it's good to know that it works though :thumb:

co sign!

probably effective marketing though because its one of the few products i cant get out of my brain

steven colbert was cracking jokes at that commercial on his show the other night -- love that show:thumb:

never tried it though

Masking the pain is a great way to totally destroy the joint. Like I said before, take 3-4 months off all pressing and heal.

Whatever. Anyways it's for arthritis. All I can say is it now 3 hrs later and it has wore off and I still have no pain. So I don't give a shit. Works for me.

As for taking off three months, tried it 2 yrs ago and as soon as I started going heavy again, it was back.

The only solution is surgery and fuck that. Not interested

IML Gear Cream!
Whatever. Anyways it's for arthritis. All I can say is it now 3 hrs later and it has wore off and I still have no pain. So I don't give a shit. Works for me.

As for taking off three months, tried it 2 yrs ago and as soon as I started going heavy again, it was back.

The only solution is surgery and fuck that. Not interested
So don't go heavy.

Once most guys hit 40 the heavy weight and training to failure does more damage than good.

I thought you had surgery on that years ago

So don't go heavy.

Once most guys hit 40 the heavy weight and training to failure does more damage than good.

I thought you had surgery on that years ago
Nope that's why I quit lifting. It was my left shoulder. Now it's the right. Have a nice size scar where I had surgery on the right elbow because of Skullcrushers. You know how my left elbow looks. Will most likely have surgery on it the beginning of DEC and late next yr the right shoulder.

Because of the right shoulder I can't lift that much anyways. But I will continue to go as heavy as it allows me. Right now that is about 250 for 3-5 reps. Funny it doesn't bother me with overhead pressing. I can almost get as much overhead as flat bench.

Masking the pain is a great way to totally destroy the joint. Like I said before, take 3-4 months off all pressing and heal.

True story! :thumb:

I was having really bad shoulder problems, but after taking about 3 months off from shoulder pushing movements and a little stabilizer rehab mine is as good as new.

I hate their commercial(s). Once! You only have to tell me once! Just because of that shit I wont buy their products, even if its good.

Head-on Apply Directly To The Forhead, Head-on Apply Directly To The Forhead, Head-on

This Is The Greastest Commercial Ever

head on apply directly to the forhead, head on apply directly to the forhead,head on

greatest commercial ever!

So in TOM's case, he should have stopped using heavy weights in the 50's? :hmmm:

Wrt rehab...Most people don't rehab properly. Muscles used to stabilize a joint are meant to become activated before the prime mover is. Doing slow internal and external rotation stuff isn't going to accomplish this, it will only make the muscle stronger and trains it in a manner counter to it's purpose. I am not saying to completely avoid internal/external rotation, it is useful when coming back and getting the muscles stronger, but once they are strong, explosive work with the med ball and bodyweight should be the focus.

So in TOM's case, he should have stopped using heavy weights in the 50's? :hmmm:

Wrt rehab...Most people don't rehab properly. Muscles used to stabilize a joint are meant to become activated before the prime mover is. Doing slow internal and external rotation stuff isn't going to accomplish this, it will only make the muscle stronger and trains it in a manner counter to it's purpose. I am not saying to completely avoid internal/external rotation, it is useful when coming back and getting the muscles stronger, but once they are strong, explosive work with the med ball and bodyweight should be the focus.
Good post DM. I do rotator cuff exercises twice a week and have for the past yr and it has really helped. It's when I start going above 200 lbs on the bench that the pain sets in. But regarless as long as there is fight in me I'll continue to go as heavy as I can. I know I'm going to require surgery in the next yr, so what the fuck if i mask a little pain and it gets me through the workout, i'm going to use that shit. Big deal once a week application. After my workout yesterday on bench I never had any pain and as of today still don't. Now there's a first for me where my cuff didn't ache all night long from benching that day.

Also it's called activ on made by head on fools.

Well he stopped in his 30's after some severe injuries, then started back up in his 50's.

I think moderation is better than balls out for most of us and certainly for those of us who are older and have been at this for decades and have the chronic injuries to prove it. :thumb:

Well he stopped in his 30's after some severe injuries, then started back up in his 50's.

I think moderation is better than balls out for most of us and certainly for those of us who are older and have been at this for decades and have the chronic injuries to prove it. :thumb:
Exactly. I'm only going to try to build for 13 more months as it's just getting harder to develope anymore muscle at my age without putting on considable fat. At age 55 I will have all my surgerys done and after that just lift lighter using more reps. But for the mean time I'm balls out. I gonna get my B/F under 10% if it kills me and then try to add some more mass after that. I''m sitting at about 15.9% right now and my weight is down to 239 lbs from 259 three months ago. So i have a lot of hard work to still do. I just wish i could get my Body temp up as it's slowing my metabolism way down causing me to furn almost as much muscle as fat. That's bad news. Temp is running in the low 96's, 96.1 - 96.3 first thing out of bed and never going higher then 97.6 during the day. It's driving me craxy....

Tough but cold blooded like a reptile

TOM....I dont know if you have access to one, but have you ever considered using a decline bench with a "slight" decline to do your benching work? I only ask cause my bench at home has a decline option, but the angle is only 15 degrees or so, so it's a slight decline, and I too have pains in my right shoulder from flat pressing movements, but when I bench on the decline, I can go as heavy as I want basically and it's virtually pain free...

I don't think you plan on competing in any PL competitions any time soon, so who cares if you don't do a flat bench, if it doesn't hurt you and still makes you stronger, who cares right?

TOM....I dont know if you have access to one, but have you ever considered using a decline bench with a "slight" decline to do your benching work? I only ask cause my bench at home has a decline option, but the angle is only 15 degrees or so, so it's a slight decline, and I too have pains in my right shoulder from flat pressing movements, but when I bench on the decline, I can go as heavy as I want basically and it's virtually pain free...

I don't think you plan on competing in any PL competitions any time soon, so who cares if you don't do a flat bench, if it doesn't hurt you and still makes you stronger, who cares right?
Yes i have a 15 degree decline. Up until about 3 months ago I was using only decline and incline and your right, I hardly had any problems with the rotator until I started doing flat bench again. I only have one more week until i test all my strength levels again. After that no more flat benching. Funny but Flat dumbells don't bother me either. Of coarse you can't do as much weight, but still anything over 200 on the flat bench gets me. I work with db's over a hundred and they don't bother me. I don't get it.

I meant 1950's

Yes i have a 15 degree decline. Up until about 3 months ago I was using only decline and incline and your right, I hardly had any problems with the rotator until I started doing flat bench again. I only have one more week until i test all my strength levels again. After that no more flat benching. Funny but Flat dumbells don't bother me either. Of coarse you can't do as much weight, but still anything over 200 on the flat bench gets me. I work with db's over a hundred and they don't bother me. I don't get it.

same here...heavy, flat dbs, no problems, but heavy flat bench-- a world of hurtin on my shoulder...

Back