• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fantasy Football

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I got the 7th pick in my 10 person draft. Who the hell do I pick first? I'm feeling Tiki Barber but I don't know. Its a tough pick. Who would you take? Discuss.

I'd be suprised if he made it to the 7th pick, of course Brian Westbrook made it back around to the 24th in one of my leagues....

I'd be suprised if he made it to the 7th pick, of course Brian Westbrook made it back around to the 24th in one of my leagues....

I will take Tiki if he's there. If he is not then who do you guys think? Larry Johnson, L.T, Shaun A., Peyton will all be gone.

I will take Tiki if he's there. If he is not then who do you guys think? Larry Johnson, L.T, Shaun A., Peyton will all be gone.

Those guys should all be gone before Manning or Barber. So, any of them would be great. Those three all score a ton of TD's and LT racks up a lot of receiving yards. Eli will be trying to live up to his brother's lofty status and will chuck a lot more td's if he has the chance, rather than letting Barber run it in the red zone.

Just my opinions.

Well Tiki got picked right before me. My team looks something like this, minus the back-ups:
RB
Rudi Johnson
Lamont Jordan

QB
Eli Manning
Daunte Culpepper

WR
Chris Chambers
Joey Galloway

TE
Alge Crumpler

Kicker
KC kicker

Defense
Ravens

Yeah Tiki went early on in my draft too. I got last pick of course. Not bad because I get 2 consecutive picks so I took Peyton & Rudi Johnson. I wanted LT, Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson because I've never had a RB as good as them in any of my leagues ever. I always get Tiki but he never had a real productive year before last. How is the scoring in your league set up? Is it for Money??

Yeah Tiki went early on in my draft too. I got last pick of course. Not bad because I get 2 consecutive picks so I took Peyton & Rudi Johnson. I wanted LT, Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson because I've never had a RB as good as them in any of my leagues ever. I always get Tiki but he never had a real productive year before last. How is the scoring in your league set up? Is it for Money??

Wow you got Peyton and Rudi at last pick. How big is your league? You must of have some WR go early. This is my first year participating in FF. I believe the scoring is a point every 10 yards. Yes we all put 100$ in.

IML Gear Cream!
Wow you got Peyton and Rudi at last pick. How big is your league? You must of have some WR go early. This is my first year participating in FF. I believe the scoring is a point every 10 yards. Yes we all put 100$ in.

By the looks of the picks....thats a pretty rookie league.....I am in 6 leagues Peyton Manning is always gone in the first 3 picks along with Larry Johnson Shaun Alexander and LT.

At 7th pick I would have been gunning for Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Edgerine James, Chad Johnson Steve Smith , Randy Moss or T.O

10 People. I think Steve Smith was the only WR that went in the first round.

By the looks of the picks....thats a pretty rookie league.....I am in 6 leagues Peyton Manning is always gone in the first 3 picks along with Larry Johnson Shaun Alexander and LT.

At 7th pick I would have been gunning for Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Edgerine James, Chad Johnson Steve Smith , Randy Moss or T.O

Not rookie at all son. Been in the same league for seven years. Randy Moss at 7th? Did you watch football last year? Now he's got Aaron Brooks throwing :laugh: . And I'd never pick TO unless it was after like the 4th or 5th round. Dude is completely unpredictable. Look at the shit he has already pulled in the preseason. Running back always first. Golden rule. Peyton is one acception.

Rudi should get alot of scores and yards in that offense. Plus, Doublebase got a nice QB-WR connection with Culpepper and Chambers.

Yeah definately. I wanted a running back first round and since I was low in the order I had to take him. Never know when Carson's knee might fail (knock on wood) and they might rely more on the Running game too. I'd like to see Culpepper make a nice comeback this year. And this is coming from a Pats fan. Any hookup between the two will be nice points.

You would advise a QB first round othen then Peyton? That is bad advice. You always go for a RB first, minus peyton. 6 leagues, jeasus.

I have used many draft methods...and have won quite a few fantasy football leagues. QB always yeild high numbers so I always draft a good QB first and then go with RBs. If you can get a standout WR its not a bad choice.

To say Randy Moss or T.O are bad picks is stupid......they are great WR that when playing on the money have great fantasy value.

The picking running back strategy is widely used.....but i think it can be over rated too. there are many players at many position that can bring great fantasy value. One great player wont get you a win ....it the sum of all your players that will yeild wins. if you draft crappy at rounds 5-9....you can be dead in the water even if you had Larry Johnson and Peyton Manning playing in top form.

Taking a QB first is horrible advice. I waited until the 6th round to grab a QB. Your best bet is taking RB's that get thrown to alot (at least in leagues where receptions are rewarded.) and wide recievers. I took running backs all the way through the 4th round. Of course the biggest thing to think about is each player's bye week. You don't want to have to scramble to find a backup on week 3 when LaDanian Tomlinson is on his bye week.

you must have got a pretty ho hum QB then......each to their own....I go with what wins...not what just plays. Makes for better earnings.

Taking a QB first is horrible advice. I waited until the 6th round to grab a QB. Your best bet is taking RB's that get thrown to alot (at least in leagues where receptions are rewarded.) and wide recievers. I took running backs all the way through the 4th round. Of course the biggest thing to think about is each player's bye week. You don't want to have to scramble to find a backup on week 3 when LaDanian Tomlinson is on his bye week.

The WR were pretty deep this year. RB's ran thin quick. Picking a QB around 5 or 6 is not bad at all. I think I got Culpepper in the 7th. I snagged Eli in the 4th. I just have a feeling he is going to do really well this year.

I have used many draft methods...and have won quite a few fantasy football leagues. QB always yeild high numbers so I always draft a good QB first and then go with RBs. If you can get a standout WR its not a bad choice.

To say Randy Moss or T.O are bad picks is stupid......they are great WR that when playing on the money have great fantasy value.

The picking running back strategy is widely used.....but i think it can be over rated too. there are many players at many position that can bring great fantasy value. One great player wont get you a win ....it the sum of all your players that will yeild wins. if you draft crappy at rounds 5-9....you can be dead in the water even if you had Larry Johnson and Peyton Manning playing in top form.

At 7th pick in the first round. Very stupid. Never know when TO will pull some shit like he did in Philly or SF. Moss was extremely unproductive last year and got hurt on more than one occasion.

There's probably 8 or 9 RB's I'd want in the first round and if I couldnt get one of them I'd go for Peyton. And I'd pick Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith & maybe Torry Holt before going for TO or Moss when i get to WR's.

I play in a keeper league with 16 teams. Every year we have the same owners unless someone wants to finally quit or get kicked out which doesn't happen very often. I guess you could say it's kinda big money, the superbowl champ got around 2k last year, along with other people who made the playoffs making a little money.

Anyway, whe had the draft 2 fridays ago and my team isn't looking all that great. I made a few trades last year for a lot of my picks this year...it worked cause it got me in the playoffs but i was hurting this year. Like I said before, it is a keeper league so you can keep 2 players from your previous team as long as they are a rb, wr or qb. I had Portis, Westbrook and F. Gore and I decided to keep Portis and Gore. Here is how my draft went

QB - Leftwich
Rb - Portis
Rb - Gore
Rb - Henry
Rb - L. Betts
Wr - A. Johnson
Wr - P. burress
Wr - Arnez Battle
Te- H. Miller
K - J. Kasey

And some other scrubs I can't remember. I thought I had a decent draft considering I didn't have a first round pick and didn't have a 4th or 5th. A few guys had 3 first rounders along with 5 or 6 other picks in the first 3 rounds.

So i've already made a few trades this season, one was A. Johnson for a 3rd next year, T.J. Housh and T.J. Duckett. Then I traded Housh for a 4th next year and Roddy White, Santonio Holmes and Maurice Hicks (F. Gores Backup). Then I traded T. Henry away for a 3rd next year and Keyshawn Johnson.

So now I have 2 3rd round picks and a 4th next year which i'm happy about but I did lose a couple good players.

My team now is this...

fantasy2dq7.png

I'm not sure what to do about portis because my roster has to be in an hour before the kickoff of the first game and they haven't said if he was gonna start yet. So do I keep Duckett and Betts in or do I keep Portis and Duckett or Portis and R. white. Shit...

League 1:

QB - Tom Brady
QB - Drew Bledsoe
RB - Reggie Bush
RB - Willis McGahee
WR - TJ Houshmenzadeh
WR - Chris Chambers
WR - Jevon Walker
TE - Todd heap
K - Stephen Gostowski
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Cincinnati
DEF - Dallas

Backups - Mark Brunell, DeShaun Foster, Laurence Maroney & Terry Glenn

League 2:

QB - Peyton Manning
QB - Jake Delhomme
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - Brian Westbrook
WR - Joey Galloway
WR - Lee Evans
WR - Keenan McCardell
TE - Algae Crumpler
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF - Carolina

Backups - Warrick Dunn, Thomas Jones, Vince Young, Joe Jurevicious, Laurence Maroney & Antonio Bryant

I'm not sure what to do about portis because my roster has to be in an hour before the kickoff of the first game and they haven't said if he was gonna start yet. So do I keep Duckett and Betts in or do I keep Portis and Duckett or Portis and R. white. Shit...

You're good. You still got over three days I'm sure they'll make a call by Saturday night being that it's week 1. I can't stand "Questionable."

You're good. You still got over three days I'm sure they'll make a call by Saturday night being that it's week 1. I can't stand "Questionable."

No, I only have till tommorow. I have to put my team together an hour before the first game of the week, which is thurs night.

I just completely LOATHE Eli Manning because he and daddy screwed with the integrity of the NFL Draft. Daddy's Boy!!!!!!

You must of forgot John Elway and what he did to get out of going to the browns.

QB
E Manning
D Culpepper

RB
L Jordan RB
R Johnson RB
C Buckhalter RB
D Rhodes RB
T Bell RB

WR
C Chambers A WR
D Givens A WR
J Galloway A WR
E Moulds RS WR
I Bruce RS WR
M Clayton RS WR

TE
A Crumpler TE
C Baker TE

K
L Tynes K

DST
D Ravens

We should start an I-M fantasy league next year if we are all still around.

Starting Lineup:
QB - Trent Green
RB - LT
RB - Brian Westbrook
WR/RB - Reuben Droughns
WR - TJ Houshmanzada
WR - Laverneus Coles
TE - Ben Watson
K - Lawrence Tynes
Def - Philly

Backups:
QB - Brett Farve