• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

food processor for grinding meat

wilwn

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
anybody know of a good, cheap food processor for making meat patties?

meat%20grinder.jpg

IMO, you will need a meat grinder to grind meat (Like in the pic posted by Iain). I dont think a food processor would do the job.

cool, i'll look into that. thanks.

IMO, you will need a meat grinder to grind meat (Like in the pic posted by Iain). I dont think a food processor would do the job.

A regular food processor has done a fine job for me. Just make sure you have a decent blade and ensure the meat is diced into small enough peices.

in Canada....Lee Valley Tools or princess auto.

Any where else it's harder to say but I'd put my money on a hunting supply store or possibly a hardware store.

IML Gear Cream!
Actually, a food processor will do the job just fine. Just make sure you start with small enough pieces (1'' cubes is fine) and don't over fill the processor. Also, use small pulses and don't over process or it will turn into whipped meat. :barf:

I am far from gay... but that is a pretty sweet gift.

I am far from gay...

Thanks for pointing that out.

What's this world coming to when you have to qualify you response prior to responding?

Us men should be able to cook a chocolate cake, bake some sugar cookies, or even make a ginger bread house without fear of being labeled homosexual!

OK, maybe I went a little far with the ginger bread house.

alright guys, i got a meat grinder per iain's advice, and ground up ten bucks worth of chicken breast from costco :thumb: .

edit: i had to get it from a hardware store if anyone cares...

No you don't. I have a nice grinder but hate cleaning the damn thing. So for the last two yrs, i have been using a food processer and love the texture. I use it on breast chicken also.

:shrug: I guess so. I've never tried the food processor to grind meat. I would imaginge the texture would not be the same as meat ground in a grinder given the difference in the types of blades. But i'll take you guys word for it ;)

Yeah, you can grind it in a processor as mentioned. Works great. Never tried it with chicken, tho. that'll go on the list.

like tough mentioned, the cleanup beats all. You can also add spices and whatever else on the initial step. And you can combine different types of meat at the beginning, like veal, pork and beef for that ultimate spaghetti sauce and meatballs.

Back