• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The Meltdown - Pylon's Journal V 3.1

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, first run at this did not go very well, so I'm taking a fresh start. Sunday during football has always been the cheat day, so my intake has been higher, though I'm making an effort to stay away from extra sugar, even today. That kind of stuff seems to carry over more than anything else.

Anyway, just needed a fresh start. The plan going forward is intense lifting 3x/week, cardio 3x, one day off (probably Sunday). Aside from the challenge I've started at work for weight loss, I'm signing up for a 10k run at the end of October. Yeah, I said 10. I know I can do 5k. I want to push it more.

good luck, Big Kahuna! :p

Hey kids, thanks for coming by the new digs.

Yes, 10K will be tough. Can I do it? Yep. Can I run the whole thing? Um...maybe?

But new journals need to be started right, so despite the "football" food (lots of fresh pretzels, a couple stuffed with brats), I went out and ran a 5K. Ok, "ran" is a strong word. Probably ran half, walked half. The tough part will be finding a good route. This one was ok, but too much road w/out sidewalks. It an issue around here, so I'll be scouting out locations as time goes on. Ideally I'll find routes of 2, 3, 5 and 6.2 miles.

Hey Pylon post your workouts bud. I have faith in ya with the run. Little bit of dedication will go a long ways.

Good plan there Py. I'm sticking with the 5k until i can get my heart rate to stay in a moderate zone for the entire thing and do the 5k in under 30minutes. After that I will think about going for a 10k.

Yeah, I'm not worried about time that much. Speed is not my thing. For me, it's just about hitting a goal I set.

how often will you be running to prepare for the 10k?

Not sure yet. I would suspect it will be at least 2x per week to start, more as it gets closer.

IML Gear Cream!
As promised, back in the gym today. This is day 1 of my new routine, a 3x week lifting plan that uses the up/down method that I like so much. I've decided to center the days around the big 3 lifts. Monday is by far the easiest day of the week. As before, goal is 20 reps, 30 sec rest between sets of reach failure before 20. Minimal rest between lifts...

WU - eliptical, 5 min
WU - bench 95 x 10

Bench - 135 x 7, 3.5
calf raises - 220 x 20
DB flye - 25s x 20
hs incline bench - 90 x 9, 4
db sumo squat - 60 x 20
hs decline bench - 90 x 10, 7
knee raises - bw x 10*
adductor squeeze - 85 x 20
pec deck - 90 x 20

*Decided to switch after 10 and replace with the adductors. They are much more focused on where I want to work. Also, the knee raises required putting some strain on my shoulder, which I am trying to avoid if possible.

Love the new digs dude!! :kiss:

A 10K huh??? WOW!!! You go boy!

Now where's that little running smilie Burner?

I'll be watching for updates too Py

Hey Py!
Way to go, brotha! I am gonna be following suit this afternoon!

Love the new digs dude!! :kiss:

A 10K huh??? WOW!!! You go boy!

Now where's that little running smilie Burner?

I'll be watching for updates too Py

Hope u are talking about this:
5.gif

'cause I never smile when I run..I smile AFTER I run.. :)

Hope u are talking about this:
5.gif

'cause I never smile when I run..I smile AFTER I run.. :)

I usually stop smiling when I decide to run, and not again until after a shower. I hate running.

Do you smile WHILE you're showering? Because that's the BIG question here that everyone <ok, just me> wants to know

Of course! It's the best time of the day!

Nice DOMS working today, nothing crippling, but can feel the work got done. Good times.......

Do you smile WHILE you're showering? Because that's the BIG question here that everyone <ok, just me> wants to know
sure! Everytime he bends over, he cracks one!
:D

...it was funny in jr. high....
:p

Funny, Burner. Very funny. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Decent day at work, 45 min cardi on the bike at night. Busy day tomorrow, so I may have to shift my lifting to Thu and Sat this week. We'll see.

Hey, Py :wave:

Nice new journal. A 10K would be very impressive in my book. Good luck with that. Diet holding up OK? Mine has been doing well, though gym appearances have been sporadic at best, lately. I have to leave for work at 5 this morning, but I'm hoping to get back in there tonight and start updating my journal again.

Have you had any contact with Archie? Haven't seen him on here in quite some time. I hope he is alright. Probably just a little burned out from going balls to the wall for so long prepping for his comp.

Hi Py!!! How are ya darlin'

holy crap! I just got hacked by Billie!
:D

Hey everyone....what the heck happened to the page format around here?

Took Wednesday off. Body was tired, family was in town. Did cardio tonight (45 min), as well as softball. Plan to lift tomorrow.

Hey Fitty, you might be interested to know I'm headed down your way soon. I'll be in town the week before halloween for a convention down near Love field.

Another day, another 45 min cardio. Ho hum...

A beautiful day in the Lou...took the boy to the park, ran a circuit around the park. Not positive the length, would guess 1.3 - 1.5 miles.

Also, have discovered a decent running route through a subdivision near my house. No sidewalks, but little traffic. Some hills, but nothing terrible. 3 laps = 5 K, 7 laps = 10K (and a little).

This may become my normal route. I plan to try it out later tomorrow morning.

Do you know what kind of route the 10K is going to be? Flat, hills, etc. You might want to practice on a similar course.

Back