• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Different types of protein

stam

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
which type of protein is the best for muscles building?

whey, eggs, milk, soya, fish, meat, cheese etc?

any tables listing them from best to worst etc?

A variety of protein is needed to build muscle optimally. Get your proteins from chicken, fish, turkey, red meat, eggs, cottage cheese, buffalo, and whey.

Use whey right after your workout, and eat protein at each meal...5-7 per day.

Try for at least 1 gram per lb of bodyweight split evenly through all your meals.

There is plenty of info here if you do some searches. Whey is the overall best IMO, but there are different uses for different proteins.

I wouldn't say there is one "best" protein, cause they all have benefits under different circumstances.

Whey is best before bed. Chicken isn't "ideal" after training.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I wouldn't say there is one "best" protein, cause they all have benefits under different circumstances.

Whey is best before bed. Chicken isn't "ideal" after training.

Hmmmm...did anyone say that chicken is best after training?

And whey before bed is a BAD idea my friend!

from what i understand whey is good after training but not a good choice at bed.

it's quickly absorbed so you don't want that for the overnight period.

Originally posted by gopro
A variety of protein is needed to build muscle optimally. Get your proteins from chicken, fish, turkey, red meat, eggs, cottage cheese, buffalo, and whey.

Use whey right after your workout, and eat protein at each meal...5-7 per day.

Try for at least 1 gram per lb of bodyweight split evenly through all your meals.

hi gopro, is milk a good source of protein?

i din see u mentioning milk :)

lots of sugars in milk but still protein. depends what kind of diet you're following. if you aren't cutting it's probably an ok source (along with others)

Ah shit. I need to pay more attention.

That was supposed t be "Whey is not bets before bed."

And the chicken was just an example.

Yeah, whey is the best over all because of its easy absorbtion and high utilization, but that is exactly what makes it not the best choice for bedtime ....

IML Gear Cream!
And as far as foods go don't forget ostrich and lean pork!

Originally posted by Twin Peak
Yeah, whey is the best over all because of its easy absorbtion and high utilization, but that is exactly what makes it not the best choice for bedtime ....

TP......I agree whey is good. but only before or after workout, just because it is rich in amino acids and it is released so quickly it fuels and replenishes your muscles. I think any other time of the day you need casein, egg or milk protein. It provides protein over longer periods of time and is best for building muscle! JMO!

Back