• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Will this work(W.O.Routine)?

SAMIAM

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've recently returned to lifting after a two year lay-off , and would like some critiques of this all barbell routine I've devised to use as a 3x a week full body W.O. I'm 39 so I tried to shy away from overtraining more so than when I was younger- and for now I'm kinda stuck lifting at home with just a bench and free weights.

(All exersizes are done with 1 50-75% warmup set and then one {maybe two if I dont feel I really "hit it"} working set to failure or failure of perfect form depending on how I'm feeling that day, and reps are in the 6-10 range )

Deadlift
B.B. Rows
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Rear Delt Rows
Upright Rows
Military Press

Does this seem like it will be effective for any extended period of time?I know that Squat is the obvious missing link but I'm w/o a rack and dont see one in my immediate future.Thanx for any help and/or replies :)

I've recently returned to lifting after a two year lay-off , and would like some critiques of this all barbell routine I've devised to use as a 3x a week full body W.O. I'm 39 so I tried to shy away from overtraining more so than when I was younger- and for now I'm kinda stuck lifting at home with just a bench and free weights.

(All exersizes are done with 1 50-75% warmup set and then one {maybe two if I dont feel I really "hit it"} working set to failure or failure of perfect form depending on how I'm feeling that day, and reps are in the 6-10 range )

Deadlift
B.B. Rows
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Rear Delt Rows
Upright Rows
Military Press

Does this seem like it will be effective for any extended period of time?I know that Squat is the obvious missing link but I'm w/o a rack and dont see one in my immediate future.Thanx for any help and/or replies :)
That is definitly overtraining, you cant do a frequent workout and train to failure.

In replace of squats you can do BB Hack Squats, Plus you should put Pull-ups in there

I wouldnt go to failure to often.

If volume is what you like do everything with 3x10.

I'm 39 and find I recupe better with 1 bodypart a day and brief workouts. 8-14 sets per bodypart. 1/2 hour tops, if you move.

You're hitting the delts directly or indirectly with 5 of the 7 exercises. Not sure I'd go to failure all three days though.

I'm 39 and find I recupe better with 1 bodypart a day and brief workouts. 8-14 sets per bodypart. 1/2 hour tops, if you move.

"If you are still training body parts and not movements, you have missed a signifigant amount of information written on the subject of resistance training in the past 10 years."

-Mike Boyle

Thanx for all the replies and tips, they are all very appreciated and helpfull as I try to "tweak" this routine to get the most efficient "fit" with my limited equipment, and middle age need to maximize recooperation.

I'm wondering if it would be wise in lieu of TRIPLE THREAT's observation that I'm hitting delts on a disproportionate percentage of my excersizes (either directly or indirectly as pointed out) to perhaps drop one or more of the delt sets.In particular the upright and rear delt row...I feel fairly comfortable that the rear delts would get enough stimuli from the B.B rows but I wonder if the median head would get enuff from just military press.Thoughts?Opinions?

I'm trying to use only the "biggest" compound lifts that I can with just a B.B. and bench - and dont want to waste any recooperative energy on unnessessary lifts.I'm banking on muscle memory kicking in as I was a "hobbyist" powerlifter (if that's even a term) for the better part of the last decade but haven't lifted in two years and then just a few weeks ago decided to stop putting off getting back into it and just get going!

It sounds as if the routine as is - borders/crosses the line of overtraining so I will be playing with the reps a bit and trying to see what works best.

smblkolds- Thanks man,I hear you with the half hour or less advice , and I'm trying to be very cognizant of that principle and QUICK!

Double D & mike456- I'm re-assessing my reps and going to failure , I'm trying to do an almost HIT like Work Out but with 3x a week full body mindset , you're absolutely right about being carefull not to go to failure every time, I guess I'll just need to pay very strict attention to how I feel and recooperate so I can find the fine line between hitting it hard enuff for a HIT style W.O. while not crossing the line into overtraining. I Appreciate the heads up!

assassin- Thanks for the link I had read it a little while ago but some remedial reading was definitely in good order!I'm fairly stuck on the 3x a week full body idea and would rather finetune my plan to accomadate that , than go to some form of split.So I appreciate the validation of the 3x aweek plan being a good idea!

My chest and back were always big but my shoulders were/are my weak points- hence the heaviness on delts in my routine , but I may have gone a bit too far in my concern over bringing them up this time around....as always thoughts, tips and opinions are invited and welcomed.:)

Do DB lunges. Those hit the legs effectively.

Back