• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Squats, high reps vs. low reps

barc77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What does any one feel is the best way to add muscle by doing squats? Using lower weight, higher reps 12-15 range, or a higher weight/ low reps 4-6 range. I feel I have my form good enough now to try some heavier weight. Or is this something that will vary from person to person? Keep in mind I am a newbie.

Thanks for any advice.

Both.

First set heavy/low reps, second set moderate/higher reps.

As a newbie I would go with a pyramid scheme utilizing high, moderate, and low reps...

1 x 12-15
1 x 8-12
1 x 6-8
1 x 4-6

Originally posted by gopro
As a newbie I would go with a pyramid scheme utilizing high, moderate, and low reps...

1 x 12-15
1 x 8-12
1 x 6-8
1 x 4-6
This sounds identical to what I am doing now. I will just start out heavier with the weight since I have not had much trouble finishing my sets. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Thanks for the quick responces :thumb:

Originally posted by barc77

This sounds identical to what I am doing now. I will just start out heavier with the weight since I have not had much trouble finishing my sets. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Thanks for the quick responces :thumb:

You are doing fine. Just make sure to take each set to near, or absolute failure, and you will grow. Every workout try to add some weight to the bar, even if its just 5 lbs!

Originally posted by gopro

1 x 12-15
1 x 8-12
1 x 6-8
1 x 4-6

just remember... your trying to get big dont hurt your self
u know
i like to do like a super set with light weight to get my form going
then i add weight... justa thought...

Back