• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Headaches when I work out.

T0ne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Tuesday I went to play racquetball for an hour and felt fine, got home and decided I wanted to take a run. Not even 5 minutes into the run my head started pounding on the right side more towards the front of my forehead. I figured I had just over done it even though I have had days where ive done alot more then that. So I walked home and felt like total crap for a while. I went to bed early woke up and had some oatmeal and decided to go lift some weights. Not even 20 minutes into the workout the same thing happen, so I cut the workout short and went home. THe headache felt like it was in the exact same spot both times, any ideas what could be affecting me?

I take a multivitamin, gingko biloba, fish oil, and calcium im going to stop taking everything except for the multivitamin. My posture is crappy and I read online that a few people had some issues with their back that once they got taken care of fixed the problem. I did talk to my doctor and all she said was to drink more water and maybe some gatorade and see if that helps. Im not sure wether I should take a few days off and rest up or try and run tommorow but keep myself very hydrated and see how things go.

Any insight into this problem would be great, thanks guys.

It is not a problem if it only happened one time. You are over thinking this.

Well this has never happen before and this is the second day in a row. But im hoping you are right and it is nothing.

I would take a break for a few days and rest. It's your body trying to tell you something..............listen to it ;)

I pulled a muscle in the back of head/neck on a hard set of leg press and it persisted for at LEAST a week... I still might have to deal with it when I start lifting heavy again on saturday and sunday... It was fine, however at my PL meet on saturday...

If it happens again, rest, ice, and maybe take some ibuprofen to keep inflamation down.

I get headaches if I don't eat enough and push myself too hard...

I also get migraines but Maxalt has helped that...

Dehydration, or high sodium which = high blood preassure. If you have high blood preassure or are dehydrated you can easily get a headache. At the onset of a cold you can get them with increased duration of intense cardio. Also you can get them from lack of proper sleep. Bad sleep will give you horrible headaches...and you need sleep to get rid of it.

I used to get bad headaches from M1t, I would get so agressive and just fight all day lol headaches make me hurt people.

Take a couple of days off and then if it happens again go see your dr. I was lifting in college and had the same thing happen to me but at the back of my head. I stopped the workout and went home. The next day i woke up and was fine so I went for a run and in about 5min the samething which dropped me to the ground. I was taken to the er and had ruptured a blood vessel.

Thanks for all the replies. Im going to just be a lazy guy till sunday or monday and take a short run to see if it comes back. Ive been trying figure out if something in / not in my diet could of caused this but the only thing that has really changed recently is upping my fish oil from one - two pills a day. And the night before all this started was the first time I ever have been drunk off beer, but ive been drunk off liquor plenty a time before. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but lets hope its nothing serious.

Thanks for all the replies. Im going to just be a lazy guy till sunday or monday and take a short run to see if it comes back. Ive been trying figure out if something in / not in my diet could of caused this but the only thing that has really changed recently is upping my fish oil from one - two pills a day. And the night before all this started was the first time I ever have been drunk off beer, but ive been drunk off liquor plenty a time before. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but lets hope its nothing serious.

Go ahead and post your diet and supplement regime in D&N if you wish and we can review it for you. :) Stay off the alcohol for a bit too ;)

Probably mild dehydration. I wouldn't stop the supps you're taking, but I would rethink the extra calcium if its already featured in your multivitamin. Too much calcium can affect vascular / CNS neurochemical balance. You may need a little magnesium (as mag citrate or gluconate, not oxide) to balance out the calcium you have in diet and in your multivit (they are often low in magnesium. For instance, mine has only 20% of the RDA, and both the carbonate and magnesium are in forms that have questionable absorption if stomach acid is low.

If you get a headach on exertion, you might also consider that low blood sugar during and post workout can also give you a headache, and it may be associated with unusual tendency towards dehydration (depends on how you load glucose pre-, during, and post-workout).

Fish oils thin the blood...

not enough carbs

I get super headaches when i don't get the carbs i need.

Fish oils thin the blood...

Meaning? Im still new to most of this stuff so if you could expand on how this comes into play in this situation that would be great!

Back