• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rest between sets

superphenix

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there good (recommended) rest time between sets? Does it depend on how much weight you're working out with? Thanks.

There's no set time, I take about 30 seconds to a minut, just depends on what I'm doing. Legs take a longer break than say arms.

I'd say take between 30 seconds to a minute for hypertrophy, and 2 minutes to 5 minutes for power.

If you're looking for growth, 1-2 minutes on average. Anaerobic threshold/conditioning, 30-90 seconds. For strength/explosiveness, 2-5 minutes.

On average, of course.

I wondering about rest times myself... Do you guys glance at your watch to time the rest? I say this because I thought I was resting about 45-60 seconds, but when I actually started timing it it was more like 2 minutes.

I've also been resting about 3 or 4 minutes between deadlift and squat sets.

But I am also a believer to listen to your body when it comes to rest. Somedays your body needs a little longer to rest to ensure you complete the next set with good success. Course their are other days when you need less rest cause your body is recovering faster and you have more energy. Just depends on how the body feels when you walk through weight room doors.

Originally posted by nate allan
I'd say take between 30 seconds to a minute for hypertrophy, and 2 minutes to 5 minutes for power.

wtf is that arnolds book says rest 1-2 mins max so you recruit more fibers...red.. and if you wait 3 you will start to beuild fibers or somthing like that and the nyou lift more to get the red fibers burnt up somthing liek that

Back