• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Was Mike Mentzer on Steroids?

Icy-Dice

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im just asking this question because he looks very inteligent and also he is kind to his friends and to his fellow competitors not like Arnold LOL. He's body is not that big too but its aesthetic. Im reading his book know and he talks about how to pose, saying stuff like " posing is an art a way to talk to the audience using your body, the muscles are the colors, the stage is the canvas. He also won the only full point in the Mr.universe?

No, he was 100% natural just like Arnold, Ronnie and [SIZE=-1]Barry Bonds[/SIZE]

Im just asking this question because he looks very inteligent and also he is kind to his friends and to his fellow competitors not like Arnold LOL. He's body is not that big too but its aesthetic. Im reading his book know and he talks about how to pose, saying stuff like " posing is an art a way to talk to the audience using your body, the muscles are the colors, the stage is the canvas. He also won the only full point in the Mr.universe?

so, you are implying that only unintelligent people use steroids?

and if you use steroids you are not nice to your friends and competitors?

he was not that big? he was 5' 8" and competed at 225lbs, that is pretty damn big, especially back in his competition days (1970's).

He was as juiced as the rest. I doubt it had anything to do with his death, though. He was a known methamphetamine user.

He was as juiced as the rest. I doubt it had anything to do with his death, though. He was a known methamphetamine user.

Mike was a terrible alcoholic and that was what killed him.

It's funny how un-educated most people are about steroids.
It always annoys me when people ask these questions.

The guy who used to own the gym all of my friends worked out at, was majorly juiced. He was about 5'6", 200 lbs, arms were probably 19".

I told them he was on steroids, for sure. But no one believed me.
They would say " No, he's not ". Like they knew so much about it :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
That and the meth, yeah. Probably a healthy combination.
I did not know he used meth, nobody in LA ever mentioned that so I don't know if I believe it. I do know he used Vicodin and script stuff like that....also very hard on the liver.

Other than his addiction problems every person I met that knew him had only good things to say about him. I talked to him once about 10 years ago and he was very intelligent and a nice guy.

No, he was 100% natural just like Arnold, Ronnie and [SIZE=-1]Barry Bonds[/SIZE]

:laugh: was arnold on roids his whole career? i mean...ronnie just looks unnatural...nd bonds...well...nvrmind him...lol

:laugh: was arnold on roids his whole career? i mean...ronnie just looks unnatural...nd bonds...well...nvrmind him...lol

of course he was, but not at the levels they are used today, and back then they used to cycle off, and hHG has a lot to do with how the pros look today.

He did steroids...So what? He is still a bodybuilding champion! He will be missed...

mm16.jpg

^^
Wow! Mike Mentzer was awesome!
Too bad he is dead now...:(
I think ''Heavy duty'' principles are interesting...;)

I agree, Mentzer was awesome. It was in reading one of his articles that I learned that alcohol had a direutic <sp?> effect. He stated he liked to drink one glass of red wine the night before a show to get more shredded. Brains + brawn = #1

Didn't know he had so many addictions, though.

Mike was so awesome, he had great forearms, tiny waist, a super dense, high quality physique, but, was he better than Arnold?....Mmmm...Nah, I don't think so...

Mike was so awesome, he had great forearms, tiny waist, a super dense, high quality physique, but, was he better than Arnold?....Mmmm...Nah, I don't think so...

Let me guess, "you think hes awesome". :daydream:

I've read that Mentzer was up to 2 grams of deca a week, don't know what else he might have been on. Not all of the older guys are afraid to admit they used, i.e. Larry Scott, Dave Draper, Serge Oliva, and so on. Only a few claim to be natural (or else avoid the topic altogether), Bill Pearl and Franco Columbu come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franco was natural? Wow! I thought he was on steroids, he was super strong!

I read some of his work. It is interesting. I dont think I can fully do it, as I believe in higher volume work-like Arnold. I didnt know that he used so many freakin drugs.

Back