• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need imput

60Niner

lookin to be BIG
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey im looking to get my abs nice and defined... especially the lower and my obligues.. right now i do:

superstrict hanging leg raises** 15x5 sets
supersctrict hanging knee raises 15x5 sets
high incline weighted crunches 20x15x10 (3 sets total)
side crunches (on a back extention station) 20x3 sets

**the first 5 i go so my legs are pretty much paralell to my torso**
**the next 10 or 15 are just above 90 degrees**

im not a big fan of doing crunchs and sit ups, i get bored after a while :p
and yes i kno cardio and diet are a big part i was just wondering what else i could do to get my lower abs t start growing and start getting defined
also id like an exersice for obliques that dont mak the get bigger... i have a crazy hour glass figure im not to thrlled about (my obliques/ love handles are way to big)

any input would be widely appreciated

almost forgot... i do this for the mostpart every time im at the gym (weekdays)

yes i kno cardio and diet are a big part

my obliques/ love handles are way to big

Diet is 90% of having defined abdominals, and defined anything for that matter. Address that before you worry about exercises. Exercises may strengthen the abs or help with stability, and its a good idea to do some sort of exercises for them, but for definition its all about bodyfat.

Make the cake before you put icing on it.

Get your diet sorted and get your entire exercise programs looking good before worrying about details.

You are correct that diet is huge where this is concerned. You could have the best abs in the world but if you have fat on top of them you won't see them. Also, you can't change your DNA so..it may be what it is. Remember also that you use heavy weight to grow muscle....if you don't want to "grow" your abs that don't use heavy weight. Work past the burn. You don't have to overtrain your abs to get good abs (if you were meant to have them). When you wake up in the morning do your abs look good? This is when you are probably going to be the most dehydrated and your cuts will look the best. Going back to basics has always worked for me. I don't do any funky stuff, just ball sit ups for upper lower and obliques. (bad back). Use the seated oblique machine for variety. Eat clean but appropriate for your goal and you should start to see them if you don't all ready! Good luck

I work my abs 3X a week. I increase the reps, weight, intensity each time.

Remember, although the abs muscles are still muscles and they will grow if you lift heavy weight. You don't want to barrel out, you want them to look lean (the young Arnold days) so watch your weight on those exercises. Intensity...great. All you need to do is work throught he burn. If the burn is increased over time therefore you are doing more etc., etc., etc. You also realize you are working your abs during your regular workouts as well, by keeping your core stable this is working the abs. You are concentrating on your abs 3x a week. I think you will find it's your diet that is going to make or break your abs. This is always the bodybuilders challenge. Eat enough to fuel your workouts and build muscle but eat also to be lean. Educate yourself on nutrition, everything else is easy, lift heavy and perfect form and you'll grow (with the proper nutrition). Obviously it all goes together.

Remember, although the abs muscles are still muscles and they will grow if you lift heavy weight. You don't want to barrel out, you want them to look lean (the young Arnold days) so watch your weight on those exercises. Intensity...great. All you need to do is work throught he burn. If the burn is increased over time therefore you are doing more etc., etc., etc. You also realize you are working your abs during your regular workouts as well, by keeping your core stable this is working the abs. You are concentrating on your abs 3x a week. I think you will find it's your diet that is going to make or break your abs. This is always the bodybuilders challenge. Eat enough to fuel your workouts and build muscle but eat also to be lean. Educate yourself on nutrition, everything else is easy, lift heavy and perfect form and you'll grow (with the proper nutrition). Obviously it all goes together.

I am personally aware about diet. It is mentioned on every other post on this board, and my abs look how I want them too. :clapping:

Not to mention, about 80% of my time here is spent in the nutrition area.:D

Guess I thought from the original message that you were having trouble. The lifting is easy it's the diet that's hard. Learning the right things, timing etc. Great idea to read ALOT about it. Knowledge is power. Remember though what works for one may not work for the other. Stick to the basics they have always proven to be the best route! Continued good luck to you.....when you hit your 30's the knowledge you gain now on this topic will be of the utmost importance!

Guess I thought from the original message that you were having trouble. The lifting is easy it's the diet that's hard. Learning the right things, timing etc. Great idea to read ALOT about it. Knowledge is power. Remember though what works for one may not work for the other. Stick to the basics they have always proven to be the best route! Continued good luck to you.....when you hit your 30's the knowledge you gain now on this topic will be of the utmost importance!

Agreed.

However, I am 33. :confused:

I'm not really having trouble. I was just mentioning what I was doing. I did not start the thread. The only problem I do seem to be having is one side of my abs is bulking up a bit more than the other side. :mad:

IML Gear Cream!
Sorry about that, thought you were the original. Tells you how much I pay attention. I've worked with a few male's bodybuilders around the age of 30 who just don't want to work that hard with their diets anymore. Lots of things change, as you know, and it gets harder. I'm a 42 year old women and I tell ya, I'm lifting much heavier than I ever have but things hurt different now, old tricks don't work at all etc. It's a reality check for sure and I've found that most people don't come out alive. I have only one bodybuilder friend my age (male) who still looks fabulous and I do his workout just to try and keep up. Anyway....good for you!
The lop-sided abs are not from a hernia or anything medical is it. Does your rib case potrude farther out on that side too, shoulder, hip or trap differences on that side? There is not a lot out there on how to fix stuff like that but it is out there if you look hard enough. If I can find some of my old stuff I will surely post it.

Sorry about that, thought you were the original. Tells you how much I pay attention. I've worked with a few male's bodybuilders around the age of 30 who just don't want to work that hard with their diets anymore. Lots of things change, as you know, and it gets harder. I'm a 42 year old women and I tell ya, I'm lifting much heavier than I ever have but things hurt different now, old tricks don't work at all etc. It's a reality check for sure and I've found that most people don't come out alive. I have only one bodybuilder friend my age (male) who still looks fabulous and I do his workout just to try and keep up. Anyway....good for you!
The lop-sided abs are not from a hernia or anything medical is it. Does your rib case potrude farther out on that side too, shoulder, hip or trap differences on that side? There is not a lot out there on how to fix stuff like that but it is out there if you look hard enough. If I can find some of my old stuff I will surely post it.

No, everything else is pretty even. And it's not a huge difference anyway. Most people would not be able to tell unless they took a pretty good look. Everything else is dead even across the board. If I get further down the road, and it don't look the way I want to, I may start working with a trainer or something. I've been lifting on my own for about a year and having exellent results, so far.

Personally I enjoy my diet. I actually feel better than I've ever felt in my life from my diet and exersise routine. Usually I'm a bit sore after a workout, but feel great the next day. With proper nutrition, there is no reason anyone should not be able to make a decent recovery. It's hard to say anything about it for me after 40. I'll worry about that when I get there...

Back