• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Low Carb Diets

The Rose

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't fully understand why low carb diets are best for fat loss (cutting phase). Can anyone clearly explain?

Carbohydrates, are readily converted into fat by the action of insulin. When you eat a high-carbohydrate meal, the increased blood sugar stimulates insulin production by the pancreas. Insulin is the hormone that allows blood sugar to be used by the cells. However, a side effect of insulin is that it also causes fat to be deposited, and it stimulates your brain to produce hunger signals. Restricting the intake of carbohydrates puts a halt to this vicious cycle. When you restrict your carbohydrate intake, your insulin levels decrease and the levels of glucagon increase. Glucagon is a hormone that causes body fat to be burned and cholesterol to be removed from deposits in the arteries. If you severely restrict carbs, your body goes into a state of ketosis -- burning fat with the subsequent production of ketone bodies in the bloodstream.

------------------
got muscle?

carbs=glucose right? and glucose is basically sugar i think. I'm trying to cut some but not speceficaly carbs, but whenever I lift i get dizzy if i stand up to quickly, am i not getting enough sugar?

------------------
get bigger, stronger, faster

You know, Prince, you are like an encyclopedia of nutrition. Maybe you should start a website with just that kind of static info!

Thanks, man!

If your getting dizzy you probably need more sugar, keto-diets are not good for the body.

------------------
-Crowman
MASS ABOVE ALL

Prince: Carbohydrates, are readily converted into fat by the action of insulin. When you eat a high-carbohydrate meal, the increased blood sugar stimulates insulin production by the pancreas.

The Rose: I've read that carbs + protein or carbs + fat actually stimulates the release of more insulin than carbs alone. As an example, milk is low glycemic. However, it has a high insulin index. This would mean that there is no perfect correlation between the glycemic index of foods and amount of insulin released from the pancreas (insulin index).

Back