• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Am I on the right track?

zootroid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello all, I've started cutting almost two week ago now and I was just wondering if I'm going to keep seeing results or if I'm gonig to need to change my program.

I workout 3x/week doing push/legs/pull and I also jog for 25 minutes (Working up to 30 minutes) on those same days. I also eat 5 pretty well balanced meals each day. So far, it's been hard to keep up but I'm doing quite well I believe.

My height is 6'2" and I'm not sure what my current weight is. I was approximately 177lbs when I started. My caloric intake is somewhere around 2500+ I believe. My computer is dead so I dont know the exact macros but it's 40/40/20.

Anyways I guess my question is, if I keep taking off 200 calories every 2 weeks, will I keep seeing fat loss? So far, I'm getting slightly defined in my arms and legs, I'm not sure if I'm really losing anything in my midsection yet.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Why keep adjusting calories if you are making progress?

I thought that's what I'm suppose to be doing. :hmmm:

As long as you continue to be dropping a little weight each week or the measurements are progressing, what would be the point in continuing to drop the cals. Save the changes in calories for when you have stalled.

I have to ask.

Why would anyone at 6'2", 177 - be trying to cut?

Good question.

Also how many meals are you eating in a day? You say you jog for 25 minutes is this just a steady pace, like not really running?

I have to ask.

Why would anyone at 6'2", 177 - be trying to cut?

Because last year I weighed approx. 140lbs and so most of what I did gain was fat. Also, it's because almost all of my fat currently resides on my stomach so I was just trying to lose most of it before I try and slowly bulk this time.

Good question.

Also how many meals are you eating in a day? You say you jog for 25 minutes is this just a steady pace, like not really running?

I eat 5 meals per day.

No, it would definitly not be running, but I wouldn't consider it a slow jog. Each time I'm woking up going faster.

why not just eat clean at slightly below maintenance and continue to do cardio and strength training rather then doing a "cut". its winter afterall and theres not much purpose in having 6% bodyfat if you are under sweaters. Then come spring time if you still arent as lean as you want to be you can bother with cutting then? Then again im canadian so it might be different for you. Its just a suggestion

I think the same - as long as you keep eating clean and being consistent on your workout regime, the weight will come off. I think it's just that for men the problem areas are around the mid-section and for us gals, it's hips & thighs... It's the last to go, but it will - just don't give up!

Be sure you give yourself one cheat meal a week, if you need to for mental purposes.

IML Gear Cream!
why not just eat clean at slightly below maintenance and continue to do cardio and strength training rather then doing a "cut". its winter afterall and theres not much purpose in having 6% bodyfat if you are under sweaters. Then come spring time if you still arent as lean as you want to be you can bother with cutting then? Then again im canadian so it might be different for you. Its just a suggestion

Yeah, I suppose I can just do that. I'm also Canadian, but since I've gained this weight, I'm dying all the time. lol Definitly not used to being warm all the time now.

I think the same - as long as you keep eating clean and being consistent on your workout regime, the weight will come off. I think it's just that for men the problem areas are around the mid-section and for us gals, it's hips & thighs... It's the last to go, but it will - just don't give up!

Be sure you give yourself one cheat meal a week, if you need to for mental purposes.

Thanks for the support! :) I hope I can keep this up.

Yes and being overweight is not what cutting is for. Cutting is for removing excess weight gained from the calorie surplus in the "bulking" phase that most find necessary for packing on more muscle.

For just losing weight to look and feel better, (yes I'm going to RE-reiterate) the clean disciplined diet and regular cardio will do everything for you.

When I started working out almost a year ago I weighed 212. I had a "dick-do". That's when your belly sticks out father than you **** do. I've lost only about 10 lbs. and you can clearly see my abs. So, I clearly gained muscle while losing fat gradually. Weight training + cardio. You'll actually consume more calories.

That's the way to go man. Your route is destined for repeated failure.

It gets tougher from there... gaining muscle.

For just losing weight to look and feel better, (yes I'm going to RE-reiterate) the clean disciplined diet and regular cardio will do everything for you.

But cardio should be moderate...there's no need to do a ton of it just to lose fat.

I honestly don't think that you need a lot of taxing cardio, either. You can recomposition nicely with a clean diet, hard and heavy weight training, and plenty of walking.

But cardio should be moderate...there's no need to do a ton of it just to lose fat.

I honestly don't think that you need a lot of taxing cardio, either. You can recomposition nicely with a clean diet, hard and heavy weight training, and plenty of walking.

You can get decent cardio from heavy weight training. Cardio is a "hell, I feel like going all out for twenty minutes episode" for me at work, once in a while.

And as part of my routine - I do some 3x 10-15 rep @ 30 seconds. Fair.

If I have anything left sometimes... in a Blue Moon - I throw 6 different movements together in no rest succession. Gets my heart rate to near max.

Back