• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Terrible Pain

Drake

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today after training my shoulders I began to do a warm up set of shrugs. My first set was extremely light just with a set of 25's on each side of the barbell I usually do 25 reps for my 1'st set. Then when I moved to my second warmup set using a 45 pound plate on each side which is about a third of what I usually workout with I got this terrible pain which shot from my trap to my shoulder and neck on my right side. Has anyone else experienced this? What can be the cause?

Sounds almost like you strained the levator scapulae or upper trapezius muscles. It's impossible to know though. Rest it, ice it, and go to a doctor if it's not better within the next few days to week.

If that were to be the problem would I also have a stiff neck? It has now been a few hours since it happened and my neck muscles are stiff and when I attempt to look to my right the pain shoots and hits me all the way to mid back on that right side.

If that were to be the problem would I also have a stiff neck? It has now been a few hours since it happened and my neck muscles are stiff and when I attempt to look to my right the pain shoots and hits me all the way to mid back on that right side.

Pain can sometimes radiate from the site of injury on down. However, I could be totally wrong. I'm not a doctor, and I can't do diagnostics on you. Take my "diagnosis" with a grain of salt.

:hmmm: Thanks, like I said I was just curious to know if anyone has suffered the same injury as it is really painful. I have had stingers before but this is nothing like it.

I dunno.

But, I'm especially attentive to strict form with exercises that require a lot of weight.

Sounds like when you were warming up... you weren't paying much attention to that.

BTW - I almost expect something like you've experienced to happen when I do squats, deadlifts or bb shrugs. Just be careful.

Well i was going to say I have experienced certain pain like this before until I read Drake say "I have had stingers before but this is nothing like it."

Can you move you neck slowly passed the pain? Almost like stretching it..? If you cannot, then my experience wont help here.

When I felt like what you described, it wasnt painful unless I made a subconscious turn of the neck, even ever so slightly to give me an immediate reminder of the pain. It wasnt "terrible" as you labeled it, but it was quite annoying. It went away in 3-4 days without ice.

It is a constant stiffness and when I either look down/up or side to side the pain is there.I can move it slowly past the pain point as to stretch it but it is intense to say the least. I have iced it for a couple of days now but after icing it I feel as if becomes almost stiffer.

Ironically,

After I left work today, I started noticing a pain centered at the base of my neck at the back. Standing in line at Wally World on the way home - it got so intense I could barely stand it. I vaguely remember a light lift I made, maybe 5pounds, that made my body shudder a little.

Seems to have melted away for now. Point is - for me, it's always the little thoughtless exertions that seem to screw me up the most. I dread that injury that takes me out for weeks, months.

Back