• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Whey powder/iso milk? What do i need?

AndrewGibs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok so lately i've been thinking about picking up some type of protein supplement to help me build some muscle quicker. I try to work out atleast five days a week (switching my routine back and forth of course) So yesturday i went to the local GNC and was going to buy some whey powder. Well one of the guys asked if i need any help and i describe to him what i wanted. A good protein supplement that will give me better lean muscle gains but i would like to stay away from gaining fat in the process. He said that whey powder was ok but this other stuff ISO Booster or Buster something with a B was better. He told me that it has a high source of protien and carbs with low fats and sugars. Now i'm not all that knowledgeable about supplements at all but i think that ISO stuff was some type of milk powder, correct me if i'm wrong. But from what i've read i heard Whey powder was the stuff to use to get some results without stepping into creatine or something like that. I'm 19 and i'm looking to build some nice muscle. I don't want to get huge but i just want some more size to me. I weigh 172lbs and my fat percentage is probably around 8-11 i would say. I'm in pretty good shape and have been working out constantly since September but i find that i'm not seeing durastic improvements. I just need something to give me that extra little push. Could you please help me out because i'm finding it hard to figure this out when looking on the net. There are so many different things out there. Thanks alot.

gnc workers will push whatever they get a better commission on. any whey protein will do for you.

ON or Dymatize make good proteins for cheap (concentrates)

if you have problems with lactose then an isolate is for you, (GF Pro by ergopharm)

or if you want a casein blend for use pre bed, or over periods where you wont get adequate food, then SUSTAIN is the best you'll get.

good luck!

I wouldn't trust any one from GNC to provide supp advice.

Never heard of the product they mentioned.

If you are lacking gains or progress, then you problem is either with your diet or your training.

So if i was to use Sustain for protein over the day and then use whey powder for after workouts would that work well or would i be throwing to much protein in my body. During the day i don't think i get enough protein in me. In the morning i don't eat, well i eat a almonds nature valley bar, then the next time i eat is lunch and i eat tinned salmon on brown bread with an apple and some oatmeal cookies. Then after that the next time i eat is at dinner where i usually have some form of meat. So i really don't think i'm getting all the much protein. Sustain would fill in those gaps for me wouldn't it? And then i guess i would take whey powder after my workout. Does that sound right or am i way off the mark?

no protein powder will replace food. sustain is a casein blend, and casein is slow digesting so you will have protein in your system for longer. this is why it is popular for pre bed.

you should aim for 5-7 meals a day. a proper breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack, dinner and then a final snack. if you want to see gains this is ideal, and you throw protein drinks in when you can. if for some reason you absolutely cannot meet this, then some like sustain or an MRP would be ideal.

post workout, we are coming out with replenish in about a month, but if you just want to use whey that would work as well. post workout a quicker digesting protein is ideal.

Ok thanks for the help. I will try to change my eating schedule. So if i start eating correctly with a good amount of protein disgested through the day i should still use a quick digesting whey powder for post workouts?

correct.

additional protein during the day is helpful as well. if you are looking for mass, aim for 1.6-1.8 gram of protein per kg of your bodyweight. if you cant reach this goal with, thats where the protein powders come in. and sustain is so damn tasty.

Heh heh, well thank you very much for the help and if i have any further questions i know who to contact :p

I went back to the gnc last night to check out some more whey powders and found out what the guy was trying to sell me. It's ISO Bolic. I looked it over and it seems pretty good. High protein, low fats and sugars and low carbs.http://www.supplements101.com/store/IsoBolic_5lbs_p/nutisobolic5.htm That is a link to it, tell me what you guys think because i'm still not too positive what protein supp i should use. I've been thinking about the better diet thing with 6 meals a day and i find that it's going to be hard to pull off. So i'm going to try and get as much protein in me as i can in about 4-5 meals a day. So i figure if i throw some whey powder or something like that in there to just help me out i should be good. Let me know. Thanks.

IML Gear Cream!
I went back to the gnc last night to check out some more whey powders and found out what the guy was trying to sell me. It's ISO Bolic. I looked it over and it seems pretty good. High protein, low fats and sugars and low carbs.http://www.supplements101.com/store/IsoBolic_5lbs_p/nutisobolic5.htm That is a link to it, tell me what you guys think because i'm still not too positive what protein supp i should use. I've been thinking about the better diet thing with 6 meals a day and i find that it's going to be hard to pull off. So i'm going to try and get as much protein in me as i can in about 4-5 meals a day. So i figure if i throw some whey powder or something like that in there to just help me out i should be good. Let me know. Thanks.

That actualy looks like a good product on paper,I have never tried it but would be willing.

I am not a big fan of nutrbolics, but that is just my opinion. I have never tried this protein, ask if you could try a sample to make a decision.

Like nni has stated Optimum Nutrition make a decent Protein Powder, Allthewhey.com(board sponsor), or DS sustain (although I haven't tried this , they do provide quality supps, and this has good reviews)

Remember Protein supplement is just that a supplement to a healthy diet. 5 meals a day would be fine. 1 or 2 servings a day is good, balanced with good carbs and healthy fat source.

I am not a big fan of nutrbolics, but that is just my opinion. I have never tried this protein, ask if you could try a sample to make a decision.

Like nni has stated Optimum Nutrition make a decent Protein Powder, Allthewhey.com(board sponsor), or DS sustain (although I haven't tried this , they do provide quality supps, and this has good reviews)

Remember Protein supplement is just that a supplement to a healthy diet. 5 meals a day would be fine. 1 or 2 servings a day is good, balanced with good carbs and healthy fat source.

The Nutrabolics protien looked descent to me but I too am a big fan of Optiums 100% Whey.Value.:thumb:

How's the ON or Allthewhey taste though?
I buy muscle milk only because I tolerate the taste of that better than anything else. If they taste as good, I see some good deals on them often enough to start with them.

They are not bad.Not the flavor your MM usully provides but they are not bab at all,certainly not intolerable.

They are not bad.Not the flavor your MM usully provides but they are not bab at all,certainly not intolerable.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I saw economy bags of the ON, I think I'll give it a try before I buy my next tub of MM.

We have the ON protein in a bunch of flavors - I think they're awesome! the ones we have are 2 scoops in a serving for 55 grms of protein, 3 grams of carbs, so you can even cut that in half if you don't need that much in one shake.

There are alot of on-line sources for protein powders also, that are WAY cheaper than GNC -

Back