• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Squats/Deadlifts vs Max weight

JonnyStead

Good old English grit
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all - I know there are stickies about the construction of routines etc but I wanted to ask a particular question.

I've just switched from doing the same routine twice a week to splitting the routine over Mon and Fri. At the same time I have incorporated Deadlifts for the first time (I know, I should have been doing them from the start but I was scared of doing my back in!).

So I put the deads in on the same day as the squats and having done the deads first I found I was way to tired to squat at my normal weight (about 116kgs) - so my question is, Do I....

Keep the deadlifts on the same day as the other leg work I do (squats, calf raises etc) but drop the weight down on the squats

Move the deadlifts to the other session in the week - thereby enabling me to continue with the same weight on squats etc but clearly impacting on recovery.

Would love to hear all your thoughts on this... thanks all!

Hey all - I know there are stickies about the construction of routines etc but I wanted to ask a particular question.

I've just switched from doing the same routine twice a week to splitting the routine over Mon and Fri. At the same time I have incorporated Deadlifts for the first time (I know, I should have been doing them from the start but I was scared of doing my back in!).

So I put the deads in on the same day as the squats and having done the deads first I found I was way to tired to squat at my normal weight (about 116kgs) - so my question is, Do I....

Keep the deadlifts on the same day as the other leg work I do (squats, calf raises etc) but drop the weight down on the squats

Move the deadlifts to the other session in the week - thereby enabling me to continue with the same weight on squats etc but clearly impacting on recovery.

Would love to hear all your thoughts on this... thanks all!

Alternate the squats and deads each workout. Or, do deads on pull day. Just maintain 3 days between squats and deads and your numbers shouldn't be effected.

maybe instead of regular deads do it with less bend at the knee so it's more posterior chain less quad.

i.e. stiff legged

Back