• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A Few Questions From A Beginner

UnholyMemory

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
O.K.

First off, thanks for looking at this, ive just started bodybuilding this year and spent quite a while researching it, (almost when i began). But theses been a few things bothering me;

Alot of forums/professionals have different opinions about things, and i just wanted to get some things cleared up.

Different forums keep saying thinks like Shocking program and routines work and can successfully get past Platues, but other people think that shocking tactics are pretty much useless and only bring a bit of variety into you workout, whats the deal with shock training?

ive been looking at some things about reps and set as well, like 1-5 reps a set increase strength more than endurance, and 12 reps or more increase endurance more than strength, and so on, so i was thinking, why dont you incorporate both into a program, for example;

Monday = Strength Training (1-5 reps, 3 sets)
Wednesday =endurance training (8-12 reps, 3 sets)
frinday = Strength Training (1-5 reps, 3 sets) etc.

am i just talking crap or might this actually be an aright program?

Cheers for looking guys, Peace :D
Memory

O.K.

First off, thanks for looking at this, ive just started bodybuilding this year and spent quite a while researching it, (almost when i began). But theses been a few things bothering me;

Alot of forums/professionals have different opinions about things, and i just wanted to get some things cleared up.

Different forums keep saying thinks like Shocking program and routines work and can successfully get past Platues, but other people think that shocking tactics are pretty much useless and only bring a bit of variety into you workout, whats the deal with shock training?

ive been looking at some things about reps and set as well, like 1-5 reps a set increase strength more than endurance, and 12 reps or more increase endurance more than strength, and so on, so i was thinking, why dont you incorporate both into a program, for example;

Monday = Strength Training (1-5 reps, 3 sets)
Wednesday =endurance training (8-12 reps, 3 sets)
frinday = Strength Training (1-5 reps, 3 sets) etc.

am i just talking crap or might this actually be an aright program?

Cheers for looking guys, Peace :D
Memory

If you're looking for a routine like that, try Power/Rep Range/Shock. You'll enjoy it. :)

top three replies you will get on the forum:

1. read the stickies.

2. incorporate coumpund exercises in your workout

3. Do not train on the same intensity everyday.

I think that is the gist of this entire training section.

1. read the stickies.

:thinking:

1. read the stickies.

Without "Read the stickies" we would be perpetually answering the same questions. People (should) have brains, and so can learn for themselves from material already written. Whether it applies specifically to them or not.

:thumb:

i meant reading the stickies is as important as having a good workout....

Ok. im back and fair enough, i didnt read the stickies properly, im kinda speeding through many forums at the minute to get as much info as possible. So shocking is a good thing... got a little confused when i read a free ebook that this site gave me that said shocking was a commen myth and didnt work, thought i might enquire about it.

After reading the P/RR/S routine quite alot, i thought i might give it a try, although, instead of doing in over some weeks, i thought about doing in over days, for example.

Tuesday = Power
Thursday= Rep Range
Sat= Shock

Would this be alright or would it be kinda overtraining and giving a bit to much for the muscles to cope with? Its just to make it a bit easier to go with. Or f its more effective to go with the weekly routine, just say so, cheers.
Unholy

What makes you want to do it weekly? your body wont adapt over a time frame of 2 days

IML Gear Cream!
Oh i see thx, nah its just cuz if i did it daily, i would just take all my traiing logs with me and be abnle to keep track, but if its in separate weeks and further away from each other id forget lol :nana:

What makes you want to do it weekly? your body wont adapt over a time frame of 2 days

I think I understand your question....Are you asking why doesnt he do Power in, say, a week's time, then next week do Rep Range and so forth, instead of doing all 3 in one week to avoid adaptation?

Oh and Unholy, what you read about shock workouts is about accurate. In fact, you kinda answered your own question. They work to overcome plateaus and to add variety, but only every once in a while.

you could defenitly do something like that. that is how undulating periodization works:

day1 strength
day2 power (or endurance)
day3 hypertrophy

But, then that is not the power/rep range/shock prgram as it doesn't not follow the template.

i think i worded that wrong....I meant to ask him ..... Why are you changing it from day to day not week to week

Back