• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

nutrition facts- fiber

mike456

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
on the back of the cerial box it says

Dietary Fiber- 5 grams
Soluble Fiber- O grams
Insoluble Fiber- 5 Grams

So does that mean there is a total of 5 grams or 10 grams of fiber?
What is the difference between these types, thanks

I'm convinced that all cereal is bad.

yea, the cereal was just an example, just curious about the differences between the types of fiber, and if there is ten grams of fiber or five in that example...

5g of fiber. they are just giving you the breakdown.

Just like on food labels when it says:

Fat- 6g
sat. fat- 2g

that means taht there are 6g and 2 of them are saturated.

5g of fiber. they are just giving you the breakdown.

Just like on food labels when it says:

Fat- 6g
sat. fat- 2g

that means taht there are 6g and 2 of them are saturated.

ok thanks, thats also what I figured but were it says fat, they say total fat, for the fiber it just says dietary fiber, no total. I guess I just wanted to believe that their was 10 grams :D

yea whats the diff between soluble and insoluble
which is better?

Soluble fiber absorbs and retains water. it's viscous (like a gel) in your GI tract and slows down digestion, which keeps nutrients in the intestines long enough for your body to better absorb them. Since it slows absorption, it helps to stabilize your blood glucose.

Insoluble fiber is tougher and harder to break down. A combination of both types of fiber creates bulk (viscous soluble fiber which retains water + undigested particles of insoluble fiber). The insoluble fiber helps move things along, keeping you "regular."

Yeah... i'm still around. Just have had a lot going on - new job, marathon training, finals, starting the new masters program in january... blah. haven't felt like being online as much.

Back